Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

TMI headliner?
Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tim Donahoe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:19 pm    Post subject: TMI headliner? Reply with quote

I’m going to have the headliner installed on my 1974 Super Beetle that has a sun roof. Anyone used TMI’s EasyInstall headliners? What’s your opinion on quality?

Also, if you have a sun roof installation with this product, was the sun roof inner edge included with the kit?

Thanks,

Tim

Richard O'Brien
74 standard
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:46 pm    Post subject: Re: TMI headliner? Reply with quote

Tim Donahoe wrote:
I’m going to have the headliner installed on my 1974 Super Beetle that has a sun roof. Anyone used TMI’s EasyInstall headliners? What’s your opinion on quality?

Also, if you have a sun roof installation with this product, was the sun roof inner edge included with the kit?

Thanks,

Tim

My tweed headliner is a TMI. I installed it myself and I think the quality is great.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
Dwayne1m
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:26 pm    Post subject: Re: TMI headliner? Reply with quote

I used a TMI vinyl headliner in my 74. You get plenty of material so it is not an exact fit. Lots of wiggle room. I used the 'crushed grain' pattern. I feel the perforated would be easier and more flexible to install. Open it up and let it sit in the hot sun a day or 2 to get the creases and wrinkles out, and do it on a hot day so the material is more flexible and forgiving. Main thing is...take your time and make SMALL cuts. I followed the Jbugs video. That helped. I used the 3M 90 spray adhesive.
Tim Donahoe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:54 pm    Post subject: Re: TMI headliner? Reply with quote

Thanks, guys.

Tim

Richard O'Brien
Zundfolge1432 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:17 pm    Post subject: Re: TMI headliner? Reply with quote

I went with original type for 1974 but that was about 5 years ago. Looks great it fact looks just like OEM. Bought their visors and assist straps at same time. Last but not least also used their seat covers. Pleased with it all. Very Happy
MPorden
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:24 pm    Post subject: Re: TMI headliner? Reply with quote

I have a 1974 Super Beetle and I am installing a TMI headliner. I am not sure about these clips installation position. I didn't take it apart or I would know. Thanks for any help.
Dwayne1m
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:43 pm    Post subject: Re: TMI headliner? Reply with quote

MPorden wrote:
I have a 1974 Super Beetle and I am installing a TMI headliner. I am not sure about these clips installation position. I didn't take it apart or I would know. Thanks for any help.

You don't need them. Now you have rubber sleeves that go over the ends of the metal headliner bows.

https://www2.cip1.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=C33%2DS32882
heimlich Premium Member
VWNOS.com

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:00 pm    Post subject: Re: TMI headliner? Reply with quote

TMI has a couple different headliners. Some are easier to install but don't look as good. The more pieces there are the worse they look (so I've been told).
5% Off your order with coupon code: 5%OFF
Restored Distributors Available (<--Click here)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: