Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

1974 Standard VW Bug fresh air intake
Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:24 pm    Post subject: 1974 Standard VW Bug fresh air intake Reply with quote

mlawler wrote:
We are newbies, so be gentle. The hoses that come off the fresh air intake box will not attach to the vent part, the vent sticks out too far. The manuals we bought are no help, and we think maybe the parts in there are incorrect as the previous owner kind of did whatever he wanted i.e. stereo wires for the electrical system! Any help on fresh air intakes including parts and where to find diagrams would be appreciated.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
AlmostHeavenWV_VW Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2019 6:48 pm    Post subject: Re: 1974 Standard VW Bug fresh air intake Reply with quote

Looks about the same as mine. The fresh air box outlets and the dash vent pieces don't line up on mine either. The little flex tube makes up for it and bends to fit. See below of pictures of mine:

Bosch DVDA 205AJ Distributor
BIGMIKEY
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2019 8:58 pm    Post subject: Re: 1974 Standard VW Bug fresh air intake Reply with quote

Mine is just about the same way. Also if you take that corner air duct off for some reason you will play Pluperfect Hell getting it back in place!

Mike T

Deserter Series 1 project.
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=787047&highlight=

1973 Beetle Driver, Marina Blue.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: