Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Pet peeves
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 60, 61, 62  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
hobthebob
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2023 4:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Pet peeves Reply with quote

My pet peeve is when you get Chinese food and it's just not good. Like when the meat is barely capable of being called meat, or it's just a bad flavor profile. What a waste!
Jon Schmid
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2023 4:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Pet peeves Reply with quote

hobthebob wrote:
My pet peeve is when you get Chinese food and it's just not good. Like when the meat is barely capable of being called meat, or it's just a bad flavor profile. What a waste!

I think you can say that about any kind of food, be it a burger or pizza or Mexican or something else. Good is good and sucky is sucky. What I hate is that our local pizza joint I think is sucky yet my wife and daughter love it. Sad
hobthebob
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2023 7:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Pet peeves Reply with quote

That's funny, my wife just does NOT like pizza with sweet sauce. Buffalo NY style pizza is primarily sweet sauce, but I've almost never had a pizza I just didn't like at all even in the slightest, except one place where it was like, wtf are you doing back there? It was probably a front for money laundering is all I can guess, because the pizza was just terrible, which I didn't think was possible!

That's the thing about Chinese food for me though, it can be SO variable from one restaurant to the next that at this point I'm afraid to order chinese food. It's really annoying, lol.
Xevin Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2023 8:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Pet peeves Reply with quote

hobthebob wrote:
That's funny, my wife just does NOT like pizza with sweet sauce. Buffalo NY style pizza is primarily sweet sauce, but I've almost never had a pizza I just didn't like at all even in the slightest, except one place where it was like, wtf are you doing back there? It was probably a front for money laundering is all I can guess, because the pizza was just terrible, which I didn't think was possible!

That's the thing about Chinese food for me though, it can be SO variable from one restaurant to the next that at this point I'm afraid to order chinese food. It's really annoying, lol.

What type of Chinese cuisine? China is a big place with lots of variety. I’m a fan of Shandong style.

Anhui
Cantonese
Fujian
Hunan
Jiangsu
Shandong
Szechuan
Zhejiang

Some people like Texas BBQ, some prefer Memphis BBQ Wink

Clatter wrote:
Damn that Xevin... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

skills@eurocarsplus wrote:
I respect Xevin and he's a turd Razz

SGKent wrote:
My God! Xevin and I 100% agree Shocked
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2023 9:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Pet peeves Reply with quote

Xevin wrote:
hobthebob wrote:

What type of Chinese cuisine? China is a big place with lots of variety. I’m a fan of Shandong style.

Anhui
Cantonese
Fujian
Hunan
Jiangsu
Shandong
Szechuan
Zhejiang

Olive Garden has a good Chinese food section on their menu but the little white boxes for take out and the cookies are a fortune.
scottyrocks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2023 9:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Pet peeves Reply with quote

hobthebob wrote:

Pet peeve? That anyone outside of New York City (except Italy) who thinks what they call pizza is actually pizza. Razz
NJ John
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2023 5:42 am    Post subject: Re: Pet peeves Reply with quote

Moved from Jersey to Virginia Beach and the pizza was all horrible. One place said “best pizza this side of NY”. Their pizza was basically Chicago style
https://www.youtube.com/@AirSpooledGarage
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Mickey bitsko
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2023 6:36 am    Post subject: Re: Pet peeves Reply with quote

my59 wrote:
Mickey bitsko wrote:
Why do the current batch of high ranking officers in the military wear so many colorful ribbons on their uniforms.
It's embarrassing, we've had 2 world wars and several police actions. Does not equal a chest full pretty ribbons.
Looking at these characters You'd think all we do now is hand out participation ribbons.
Looks silly to me.

Informally, without going into detail, the ones on the top row and second row count for serious shit going down. Upper tiers with little stars added means the wearer has been thru the shit more than once.
Once you get down to Bronz Star and Purple Heart, afterwards it tends to been there, done that.

Meh.. participation ribbons... only in America, makes em look tough.
I'm was an enlisted vet , I know how we roll.
End of rant!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Cusser
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2023 7:59 am    Post subject: Re: Pet peeves Reply with quote

NJ John wrote:
Their pizza was basically Chicago style

Chicago style pizza???

First you steal some cheese
Then you steal some dough
Then you steal some tomatoes....
1970 VW (owned since 1972) and 1971 VW Convertible (owned since 1976), second owner of each. The '71 now has the 1835 engine, swapped from the '70. Second owner of each. 1988 Mazda B2200 truck, 1998 Frontier, 2014 Yukon, 2004 Frontier King Cab. All manual transmission except for the Yukon. http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335294 http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335297
Bonesberg55
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2023 10:30 am    Post subject: Re: Pet peeves Reply with quote

Chicago style is deep dish. I like lots of sauce but I want as little crust as possible so Chicago style is out.

Thin crust for me with lots of sauce, green olives, & pepperoni. Olives are classified as a fruit but that's the only fruit that belongs on pizza. No pineapple & absolutely no fish of any kind.
Jon Schmid
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2023 12:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Pet peeves Reply with quote

The sauce makes the pizza. Well, that and the crust. And real meat toppings. I agree, don't fruit the pizza.
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2023 3:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Pet peeves Reply with quote

Ive had oh soamny pizzas in italy,rome florenz,milan,revenna,fumichino , tuscany domodosola,and more. it's as good as possiably a little better than mine, but the view is much nicer there. and pizza cheeper than I can make it for too. Im not fond of artichoke flower pizza, taste too fishey. I have had some awesome chineese food in italy too while in a coastal town on the medatrainianian, and all there was was seafood& 1 chineese place. I like seafood the way I like it ( I do live lass than 1000 feet from the gulf of mexiaciao.) and Im not going to try seefood anywhere ese. also the deserts in italy....OFMG!!! that stuff is awesome when it's the real thing!! dam it's almost 10 months since I was there last..... crap...I wonder if I have enough frequent flier miles to go have lunch& dinner.
hobthebob
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2023 3:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Pet peeves Reply with quote

Xevin wrote:
hobthebob wrote:

Anhui
Cantonese
Fujian
Hunan
Jiangsu
Shandong
Szechuan
Zhejiang

Shocked

Laughing

My pet peeve is what a pain in the behind Xevin can be sometimes. Always asking for more details... :p
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2023 5:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Pet peeves Reply with quote

Chinese food like Peking duck is different than Russian Caviar…..
scottyrocks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2023 8:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Pet peeves Reply with quote

mark tucker wrote:

taste too fishey.

You've blown your cover, using the proper form of the word 'too.'
Cusser
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2023 8:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Pet peeves Reply with quote

calvinater wrote:
Pet peeves

Mark Tucker
1970 VW (owned since 1972) and 1971 VW Convertible (owned since 1976), second owner of each. The '71 now has the 1835 engine, swapped from the '70. Second owner of each. 1988 Mazda B2200 truck, 1998 Frontier, 2014 Yukon, 2004 Frontier King Cab. All manual transmission except for the Yukon. http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335294 http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335297
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2023 11:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Pet peeves Reply with quote

Cusser wrote:
calvinater wrote:
Pet peeves

Mark Tucker

Marque Tuquer

Porof taht ppoele can raed wrod sldaad if olny the frsit and lsat lrttes are crroect.
hobthebob
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2023 9:12 am    Post subject: Re: Pet peeves Reply with quote

Not that I actually WANT to read like that!

Pet Peeve: Being forced to read words with the letters mostly out of order! :p
madmike
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2023 12:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Pet peeves Reply with quote

The point was ,you can still read it Wink
76 Drag/Street bug 2180cc 'Turbo' 11:85 @113 mph"If I go any faster I'll burn up the Hamster" ,gets 28 mpg. also 10/09/22 11.90 @115 mph
"If I'm ever on Life Support,UNPLUG Me, Then Plug me back In see if that Works"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Jon Schmid
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2023 1:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Pet peeves Reply with quote

scottyrocks wrote:
mark tucker wrote:

taste too fishey.

You've blown your cover, using the proper form of the word 'too.'

That's OK--he misspelled "fishy."
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 60, 61, 62  Next
Jump to:
Page 35 of 62

Jump to: