Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Pet peeves
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 60, 61, 62  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cusser
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2022 12:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Pet peeves Reply with quote

slayer61 wrote:
The dumbass that asks for a 12mm bolt & what he really wants is a bolt that fits a 12mm wrench!

Especially when working on an old VW and nothing takes 12mm wrench unless the owner has used some JIS (Japanese standard) 8mm x 1.25mm nuts or bolts. I use those when I could use more wrench clearance, like on intake manifold nuts or on exhaust nuts (if I don't use brass nuts that use an 11mm wrench).

And these come in handy too
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

1970 VW (owned since 1972) and 1971 VW Convertible (owned since 1976), second owner of each. The '71 now has the 1835 engine, swapped from the '70. Second owner of each. 1988 Mazda B2200 truck, 1998 Frontier, 2014 Yukon, 2004 Frontier King Cab. All manual transmission except for the Yukon. http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335294 http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335297
slayer61
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2022 2:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Pet peeves Reply with quote

^^ I see by the "name brands" that you only butcher the finest of wrenches! Rolling Eyes

... Most folks are idiots when it deals with electrical !!!

67rustavenger wrote:

3/4 race cam? What's missing, one of the lobes? Shocked

Paul

'68 Manx clone... Sears??
2276 built on AS21 case
W-125 w/ GB 1.25:1 rockers
Mahle forged pistons
CB 4340 crank
CB H beam rods
deep sump
44 HPMX
EMPI GTV 2 STG II wedge ports
CB Magna spark
1 5/8 merged collector w/ hater stinger
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Facebook Twitter Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
babysnakes
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2022 6:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Pet peeves Reply with quote

ach60 wrote:
Florida, yes, the fucking State.

Can my fellow Floridians count on you and your friends spreading the word how Fla. sucks? I mean we are getting pretty much full, can't ya'll just habitate Montana or Wyoming?
60ragtop
Bonneville Belt Bitch

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2022 7:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Pet peeves Reply with quote

babysnakes wrote:
ach60 wrote:
Florida, yes, the fucking State.

Can my fellow Floridians count on you and your friends spreading the word how Fla. sucks? I mean we are getting pretty much full, can't ya'll just habitate Montana or Wyoming?

Nah they wouldn't be able to handle our fine weather here Laughing
60+ MPH winds, -40 in the dead of winter, roads closed more often than open
cities (if you can call them that) are 20+ miles apart
wally world along with the interstates are 90+ miles away.
Certified Hunter Wheel Alignment Master Technician 1986

tasb wrote:
I've restored a large number too, but I don't toot my horn quite as loud.

sb001 wrote:
maybe he just snapped cause his car sucked Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
finster
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2022 4:30 am    Post subject: Re: Pet peeves Reply with quote

satisfaction surveys - the whole uriah heepiness of the things

nothing lasts, nothing is finished, and nothing is perfect...
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2022 5:50 am    Post subject: Re: Pet peeves Reply with quote

finster wrote:
satisfaction surveys - the whole uriah heepiness of the things

I love these. I charge $350 to help you make your business better
Mickey bitsko
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2022 9:40 am    Post subject: Re: Pet peeves Reply with quote

Similar to, if buy blah blah today you save x amount of $$..
I have been to the Tucson rock show many times, watching people is
what I do there, the most common phrase I hear is 'this rock was only
5 bucks'... cracks me up.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Mickey bitsko
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2022 10:08 am    Post subject: Re: Pet peeves Reply with quote

Are forum moderators the same as fact checkers?
Asking for friends.
Zundfolge1432 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2022 10:11 am    Post subject: Re: Pet peeves Reply with quote

Mickey bitsko wrote:
Are forum moderators the same as fact checkers?
Asking for friends.

Only been here a few years a see.
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2022 12:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Pet peeves Reply with quote

No. Nothing in the terms of use precludes dumbA$$ from posting and mods aren’t going to waste their lives correcting the internet.

You need to learn to consume information like any other product, by educating yourself to your own need first.
Cusser
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2022 3:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Pet peeves Reply with quote

My peeve is that I hated training sessions, and in 4 decades never once attended a training session that I felt could not have been done in half the time.

Back when I was working, a husband-wife company got a contract to do a MANDATORY work-personality profiles on the 150 R&D employees. I'd been through similar programs several times in the past, and was not "enthused" when they presented their services to my group of about 10.

So I asked how much they were charging the company for this, and the guy hedged and avoided answering me. I replied: "I think you know this information", then he asked me why that was relevant. I responded something like "if one gets a really good steak for $3, then that would be a good value, but if that steak cost $300, then would NOT be a good value". Anyway, my boss gave me a hand signal not to pursue that question.

Anyway, we all filled out the required data sheets, and about a week later I was scheduled for a half-hour follow-up one-on-one session with the wife; I tried to get out of this, but my boss said I have to attend. So we go into a conference room, and she proceeds to read my report to me. Stuff like "this is how Cusser responds, this is how Cusser reacts to stress, this is how Cusser responds to Cusser's assignments, ALWAYS using my first name. So when the session is ending, she asks "Has Cusser learned anything from this?", and I responded: "yes - I learned that you do not know how to use pronouns!!!"

100% true story. Before this, I thought only Tarzan, Tonto, and Hop-Sing had trouble with pronouns.

1970 VW (owned since 1972) and 1971 VW Convertible (owned since 1976), second owner of each. The '71 now has the 1835 engine, swapped from the '70. Second owner of each. 1988 Mazda B2200 truck, 1998 Frontier, 2014 Yukon, 2004 Frontier King Cab. All manual transmission except for the Yukon. http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335294 http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335297
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2022 3:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Pet peeves Reply with quote

Cusser wrote:
My peeve is that I hated training sessions, and in 4 decades never once attended a training session that I felt could not have been done in half the time.

Back when I was working, a husband-wife company got a contract to do a MANDATORY work-personality profiles on the 150 R&D employees. I'd been through similar programs several times in the past, and was not "enthused" when they presented their services to my group of about 10.

So I asked how much they were charging the company for this, and the guy hedged and avoided answering me. I replied: "I think you know this information", then he asked me why that was relevant. I responded something like "if one gets a really good steak for $3, then that would be a good value, but if that steak cost $300, then would NOT be a good value". Anyway, my boss gave me a hand signal not to pursue that question.

Anyway, we all filled out the required data sheets, and about a week later I was scheduled for a half-hour follow-up one-on-one session with the wife; I tried to get out of this, but my boss said I have to attend. So we go into a conference room, and she proceeds to read my report to me. Stuff like "this is how Cusser responds, this is how Cusser reacts to stress, this is how Cusser responds to Cusser's assignments, ALWAYS using my first name. So when the session is ending, she asks "Has Cusser learned anything from this?", and I responded: "yes - I learned that you do not know how to use pronouns!!!"

100% true story. Before this, I thought only Tarzan, Tonto, and Hop-Sing had trouble with pronouns.

That’s a red flag to get the hell out of that company ASAP

MRS Dr Abscate interviews once for a high end job and the President called in a person to do a psychological screening during the interview. After about 5 questions that got medical, she stopped them and said unless the person could present credentials, she was reporting them for practicing without a license.

Hint…an MBA From a crappy school does not make you a psychologist.

She made the call from the Presidents’ admin phone.

We understand that practice is no longer followed there.
madmike
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2022 5:28 am    Post subject: Re: Pet peeves Reply with quote

My wife pet peeve, Electric Bike's on a 'Horse trails' ,, Horses are 'Flite animals' anything quiet & fast is a 'Danger' to them ,some trails out west are wide open visual wise and most are OK,,,,but here in the east with all the trees not so much.
76 Drag/Street bug 2180cc 'Turbo' 11:85 @113 mph"If I go any faster I'll burn up the Hamster" ,gets 28 mpg. also 10/09/22 11.90 @115 mph
"If I'm ever on Life Support,UNPLUG Me, Then Plug me back In see if that Works"
vwinnovator
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2022 8:47 am    Post subject: Re: Pet peeves Reply with quote

Dipshits who ask if I'll sell only the body off my numbers matching car.... Rolling Eyes

buy the whole thing and then do what you want with it...
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2022 9:46 am    Post subject: Re: Pet peeves Reply with quote

madmike wrote:
My wife pet peeve, Electric Bike's on a 'Horse trails' ,, Horses are 'Flite animals' anything quiet & fast is a 'Danger' to them ,some trails out west are wide open visual wise and most are OK,,,,but here in the east with all the trees not so much.

I can see this being an issue as I've seen some people going crazy with a lot of the new electric bikes, scooters, etc.

A lot of the off-road bike and hiking trails here specifically have "No electric bikes" signs now
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Cusser
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Pet peeves Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:
madmike wrote:
My wife pet peeve, Electric Bike's on a 'Horse trails' ,, Horses are 'Flight animals' anything quiet & fast is a 'Danger' to them

Mrs. Cusser has a horse and rides on many types of trails in Arizona. She says many electric bike riders, many mountain bike riders violate Arizona law where horses have priority over EVERYTHING, including vehicles and pedestrians. Many of these folks do not obey the posted signs, have dogs off leash, etc.

And many are rude and dangerous to the horse riders and horses.
madmike
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2022 2:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Pet peeves Reply with quote

I keep telling my wife, "Don't they Know/remember,, Cowboy & Cowgirls Carrie Guns" she didn't think it was funny Rolling Eyes
76 Drag/Street bug 2180cc 'Turbo' 11:85 @113 mph"If I go any faster I'll burn up the Hamster" ,gets 28 mpg. also 10/09/22 11.90 @115 mph
"If I'm ever on Life Support,UNPLUG Me, Then Plug me back In see if that Works"
cbeck
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2022 4:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Pet peeves Reply with quote

Bicycle riders that think the stop signs don't apply to them.
vwinnovator
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2022 6:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Pet peeves Reply with quote

cbeck wrote:
Bicycle riders that think the stop signs don't apply to them.

I once knew a woman who would ride down the middle of the double yellow line.
She claimed no one could hit her because its against the law to cross the double line.
Emily's Owner
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2022 8:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Pet peeves Reply with quote

Cusser wrote:
EverettB wrote:
madmike wrote:
My wife pet peeve, Electric Bike's on a 'Horse trails' ,, Horses are 'Flight animals' anything quiet & fast is a 'Danger' to them

Mrs. Cusser has a horse and rides on many types of trails in Arizona. She says many electric bike riders, many mountain bike riders violate Arizona law where horses have priority over EVERYTHING, including vehicles and pedestrians. Many of these folks do not obey the posted signs, have dogs off leash, etc.

And many are rude and dangerous to the horse riders and horses.

A friend had an indoor arena that we'd take the rope horses to and take them through a "flappy, scary, noisy" sack out course. It was actually kind of fun, and we used everything from big blue tarps, loud sounds, ropes, cowbells etc - and once they figured out lots of things weren't quite so scary, it helped a lot - air brakes were another thing we got them used to since so many ropers were hauling with semi tractors since they were cheaper than a new pickup... although I never got one of our horses convinced that a mud puddle wasn't a bottomless pit that he needed to tippy toe dance around instead of walk through it. He was fine crossing streams, so I figured with moving water he can see the bottom, but a puddle reflects the sky and he didn't trust it.

ITMC - OG Den Mother

What (and I cannot stress this enough) The Actual Fuck?!

1974 Transporter
2023 Subaru Outback
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 60, 61, 62  Next
Jump to:
Page 18 of 62

Jump to: