Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Bosch 043 905 205 SVDA Rebuild
Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
dubsteez79
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:33 am    Post subject: Bosch 043 905 205 SVDA Rebuild Reply with quote

Some pics
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

The shaft only rotates a few degrees and I am unsure if its supposed to go further or if the weights just sling out further. They will move freely on their own. Anyone know whats normal?
Closed

Open
heimlich Premium Member
VWNOS.com

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 9:51 am    Post subject: Re: Bosch 043 905 205 SVDA Rebuild Reply with quote

Looks good. That is a very nice core. It appears the bushing popped out when you pulled the shaft out. You can try pressing it back in and seeing how tight it is. Otherwise, you will need to press and hone in a new bushing. I have bushings for sale as well. You can find them in the classifieds. https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2278995

The weights look fine. The are only supposed to sling out to the stops on the backside of the weights.
5% Off your order with coupon code: 5%OFF
Restored Distributors Available (<--Click here)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
dubsteez79
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 1:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Bosch 043 905 205 SVDA Rebuild Reply with quote

heimlich wrote:
Looks good. That is a very nice core. It appears the bushing popped out when you pulled the shaft out. You can try pressing it back in and seeing how tight it is. Otherwise, you will need to press and hone in a new bushing. I have bushings for sale as well. You can find them in the classifieds. https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2278995

The weights look fine. The are only supposed to sling out to the stops on the backside of the weights.

Thanks, I bought all my parts from you! I had bushings and have misplaced them. Luckily these were very good. No slop. The shaft had just stuck to the bushing with varnish.

Does this dizzy use a felt wick? I bought it but didn't find any in the distributor.
heimlich Premium Member
VWNOS.com

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 1:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Bosch 043 905 205 SVDA Rebuild Reply with quote

dubsteez79 wrote:
heimlich wrote:

I bought all my parts from you! I had bushings and have misplaced them. Luckily these were very good. No slop. Does this dizzy use a felt wick? I bought it but didn't find any in the distributor.

I saw my sticker on the parts. Thank you for your support.

For the felt, In those later distributors (curved bottoms) sometimes they have them and sometimes they do not. It doesn't hurt putting them in there.
What you can do is line up the felt on the inside so that it does not sit directly over the weep hole. This way it won't block the oil from coming inside as years go by.
5% Off your order with coupon code: 5%OFF
Restored Distributors Available (<--Click here)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
74 Thing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:17 am    Post subject: Re: Bosch 043 905 205 SVDA Rebuild Reply with quote

I am curious as to how the 2 shim stacks should be; 1 the one below the weight plate should it be from top to bottom one small metal washer then a fiber washer and then one larger washer? 2. The washer stack by the drive dog from top to bottom should it me a metal washer then a fiber washer then metal washers?
dubsteez79
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:53 am    Post subject: Re: Bosch 043 905 205 SVDA Rebuild Reply with quote

74 Thing wrote:
I am curious as to how the 2 shim stacks should be; 1 the one below the weight plate should it be from top to bottom one small metal washer then a fiber washer and then one larger washer? 2. The washer stack by the drive dog from top to bottom should it me a metal washer then a fiber washer then metal washers?

1. Thats how I have them stacked now. The fiber washes was broken off in that
picture. I couldnt have moved them at that point because the bushing was
stuck to the shaft.
2. The way they are pictured is how they came off. T to B, large metal-fiber-
2 shims.
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 8:38 am    Post subject: Re: Bosch 043 905 205 SVDA Rebuild Reply with quote

The metal shims come in 3 different thicknesses, .2mm, .1mm and .05mm.

First you put on the .2mm, then the fiber washer and finally the large thrust shim. Now you insert the mainshaft into the body. Once in you put another large thrust shim, fiber washer and finally to mix and match the rest so there is minimal play in the shaft. Since the smallest is .05mm the play should be less.

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: