Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Jack Sacchette and Empi
Page: 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions Share: Facebook Twitter
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
andreas5bmw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:07 pm    Post subject: Jack Sacchette and Empi Reply with quote

Please tell me this is not true but I understand if it is true,,,I heard from a good source that Empi was sold again and that Empi just bought out Jaycee (aka) Jack Sacchette one of the last true Vw engine builder and true horsepower parts builder.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vwracerdave
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Jack Sacchette and Empi Reply with quote

I read EMPI is selling JayCee parts but not that they bought him out.
Featured in Dec. 2001 HOT VW's Magazine page 63

Watch my racing video's http://www.youtube.com/user/okvwracer/videos
andreas5bmw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Jack Sacchette and Empi Reply with quote

That’s good news,,,thanks
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Dale M.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 6:59 am    Post subject: Re: Jack Sacchette and Empi Reply with quote

Not sure how it reads.....

https://www.facebook.com/SoCalBUGIN/photos/a.10150147456004344/10157247476869344/?type=3

Lot of links and crap and no real accurate statement I can see....

Don't see anything "official" on Jaycee or EMPI sites....

Dale

"Kellison Sand Piper Roadster" For Street & Show.
"Joe Pody Sandrover" Buggy with 2180 for Autocross (Sold)
============================================================
All suggestions and advice are purely my own opinion. You are free to ignore them if you wish ...
AlteWagen
Troll

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 7:45 am    Post subject: Re: Jack Sacchette and Empi Reply with quote

There is a video floating around showing the announcement. They said JCee would be joining the empi umbrella. Maybe now they can get the knowledge needed to R&D those D series carbs and bring them up to standard.

I have to say, if it wasnt for the chinese selling out the back door empi would have a great monopoly on VW parts.
67rustavenger Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 7:56 am    Post subject: Re: Jack Sacchette and Empi Reply with quote

From the Hot VW's face splat page,

Dropping BOMB’s in the industry!😱😱
Welcome Jack & @jaycee_vw to the @empi_inc family! 🔹
Many new GREAT things coming on the horizon!!
🔹
Stay tuned........

There's never enough time to do it right the first time. But there's always enough time to do it thrice.
GFY's Xevin and VW_Jimbo!
67 Sunroof
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:37 am    Post subject: Re: Jack Sacchette and Empi Reply with quote

Dropping bombs alright...
Sad
fl59bug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 1:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Jack Sacchette and Empi Reply with quote

I notice that CB Performance no longer lists the Jaycee 51.5 carbs for sale and I'm wondering if this is due to the buyout?
jeff68
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2019 6:05 am    Post subject: Re: Jack Sacchette and Empi Reply with quote

Why not be optimistic about EMPI for a change? It seems they are really trying to improve things lately. Maybe they realized they needed help with to make really high quality performance parts and that's why they are wanting to work with Jack Sacchette. Also, from what I have seen about Jack, he's really passionate about VW performance and the well being of the industry. So now Jack will have more resources ($) to develop and manufacture more and better parts. You never know, we'll have to wait and see.
richierich
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:45 am    Post subject: Re: Jack Sacchette and Empi Reply with quote

In fairness, the only EMPI stuff I have on my car are a pair of the 48 EPC /IDA carbs and they are QUALITY carbs.

As for other stuff, dunno but like Jeff68 says, maybe this will be a good thing.
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:13 am    Post subject: Re: Jack Sacchette and Empi Reply with quote

jeff68 wrote:
Why not be optimistic about EMPI for a change? It seems they are really trying to improve things lately. Maybe they realized they needed help with to make really high quality performance parts and that's why they are wanting to work with Jack Sacchette. Also, from what I have seen about Jack, he's really passionate about VW performance and the well being of the industry. So now Jack will have more resources ($) to develop and manufacture more and better parts. You never know, we'll have to wait and see.

^^^^^this^^^^^

Not may seem to realize CB, and Empi are about the only two mainstream companies supporting the hobby creating new items. From what I gather, the new owners of Empi are a younger generation enthusiastic about growing the Aircooled VW hobby, and aren’t afraid to spend some money to do it. As many have said before, if the buying public is still buying the lesser quality parts without complaint, they will continue to produce them.

Also, if I recall from one of his posts, Pat Downs is going on his 33rd year at CB. I recently have been very negatively affected by a few businesses that have closed due to the owners simply retiring after 40+ years. Shops I bought goods, and services from since the late 80’s. Working in a restoration shop on vehicles other than VW’s, most on this site have no idea how good they have it. There are pioneers in the VW hobby STILL working in the hobby, and companies willing to pick up the slack for discontinued parts. Most have no idea what the astronomical cost of a NOS part is, that is the ONLY thing availabile, that’s been discontinued for 30 years. Most have no idea of the cost of shipping from another country from the ONLY supplier that reproduces the part you’re looking for.

As I’ve said before, those that HATE Empi are going to have a miserable future in the hobby since they seem to be one of the few adding pages to their catalog for the future of the hobby.
jpaull
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:53 am    Post subject: Re: Jack Sacchette and Empi Reply with quote

I hope as many racers as possible can partner with Empi and help make their parts better. Seems like a Win-Win.
[email protected] MPH 1/4 Mile & 8.1 @ 83.7MPH in 1/8 Mile with Mild Type 1 VW Mag Case 2234cc commuter engine in stock weight bug w/only .491 total lift(CB2292 Cam), 42x37 heads, 48idf's, Street tires, Belt on, Mufflers, Pump gas, video of the run here: https://youtu.be/M3SPqMOKAOg

Transmission by MCMScott:
Rhino case, Klinkenberg 4.12, Superdiff, 002 mainshaft with 091 first idler. Weddle 1.48 Third & 1.14 Fourth.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
VeloMikey
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:35 am    Post subject: Re: Jack Sacchette and Empi Reply with quote

Probably a distribution deal. Take all Jacks products to China to be produced and sold thru the EMPI catalog. More money for both parties and poor quality products for the world.

Ghia Build Thread https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=768748
slalombuggy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:48 am    Post subject: Re: Jack Sacchette and Empi Reply with quote

CerveloMikey wrote:
Probably a distribution deal. Take all Jacks products to China to be produced and sold thru the EMPI catalog. More money for both parties and poor quality products for the world.

I doubt Jack is going to do anything that will lessen the Jaycee brand. His parts are second to none and I'm more than sure he wants things to stay like that.

brad
jeff68
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Jack Sacchette and Empi Reply with quote

I agree with Brad, Gkeeton and Jpaull on this. From what I've seen lately EMPI is really trying to improve upon things. Bringing someone like Jack S on board can really help IMO. Through all of these years Jack S has stayed in the aircooled performance business, developed and manufactured great new products and also has been a big part of racing too. Just by what he's done and continues to do I think he really cares about this industry as well as having a successful business.
fl59bug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Jack Sacchette and Empi Reply with quote

I personally don't mind Empi and will readily purchase their carbs (already have 2 30 pict 1s) and exhaust (nice Ceramic coated merged dual quiet pack).

However I wasn't sure whether the merger/buyout/?? meant that Jack was packing up shop? I certainly hope not, but I am still curious why CB is no longer, at last check at least, offering the Jaycee 51.5s?

Those were on my radar to purchase soon, having already purchased a set of Spanish IDAs and 48 IDFs, both on match ported Super Pro manifolds from CB recently. Now I may no longer have the option.
Dale M.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2019 4:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Jack Sacchette and Empi Reply with quote

Here is e-mail message I sent to Jack at Jaycee....

There seems to be a lot of speculations and rumors about the new association of Jaycee and EMPI... Lot of rumor lots of guessing, lot of confusion... Believe its time to clear the air so to speak and put out a press release that spells out all the details and what it brings to the future of VW performance..

Here is response from Jack at Jaycee...

I have been home for 3 Days with Jet lag..
Two major press releases will be made next week on how everything is spelled out.
The future of JayCee/Empi is exciting.
Thanks,
Jack

I suggest instead of guessing what it means, we wait for press release...

Dale

"Kellison Sand Piper Roadster" For Street & Show.
"Joe Pody Sandrover" Buggy with 2180 for Autocross (Sold)
============================================================
All suggestions and advice are purely my own opinion. You are free to ignore them if you wish ...
slalombuggy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2019 6:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Jack Sacchette and Empi Reply with quote

As far as the Jaycee 51.5 carbs. I know there is NO love loss between CB and Empi. But I look forward to hearing what's going on next week.

brad
67 Sunroof
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Jack Sacchette and Empi Reply with quote

I’ll agree. I’ll try to be hopeful that things will improve with Empi. At one time they were really good but quality seems to be hit and miss lately. Until next week....
Busstom
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 3:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Jack Sacchette and Empi Reply with quote

I hope Jack's jet lag isn't from traveling to, ummm, China Shocked
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: