Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Help getting the bloody vent window seal in my door frame
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
LAGrunthaner
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 2:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Help getting the bloody vent window seal in my door frame Reply with quote

This is the trouble area, has anyone cut the seal down to get it to fit in that slot between the latch tab?

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

www.mauiroadsters.com
http://www.oacdp.org
Lind wrote:
Have you considered simply starting with a nicer bus? I don't know what your skills are, but the race is easier if you can see the finish line. If you are not a runner, don't start off doing a marathon.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
npbusguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Help getting the bloody vent window seal in my door frame Reply with quote

The trouble is not the seal, look at the frame itself. It appears that it has been "fixed" with bubble gum.

LAGrunthaner wrote:
This is the trouble area, has anyone cut the seal down to get it to fit in that slot between the latch tab?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
BarryL Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Help getting the bloody vent window seal in my door frame Reply with quote

LAGrunthaner wrote:

It doesn't go in a slot there. It just lays outside the flap.
LAGrunthaner
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2020 5:42 am    Post subject: Re: Help getting the bloody vent window seal in my door frame Reply with quote

BarryL, sorry I missed this comment, and I don't understand what you mean by "It doesn't go in a slot there. It just lays outside the flap" as the rubber seal which fits into this slot appears to not sit down into the latch area as that is where the latch won't meet the metal tab. Should I sand down the seal where it slides to the 2 rivets are so it sits properly?

BarryL wrote:
LAGrunthaner wrote:

It doesn't go in a slot there. It just lays outside the flap.

www.mauiroadsters.com
http://www.oacdp.org
Lind wrote:
Have you considered simply starting with a nicer bus? I don't know what your skills are, but the race is easier if you can see the finish line. If you are not a runner, don't start off doing a marathon.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
BarryL Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2020 2:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Help getting the bloody vent window seal in my door frame Reply with quote

You have so many situations going on with those that I'll try to break it down.

Forget what I said about, "It doesn't go in a slot there. It just lays outside the flap".

Let's label some things:
Driver side wing is the one in your last post and has a Nike Swoosh and the frame is not bent.

Passenger side wing is missing the Nike Swoosh and the bottom of the frame is bent down as shown in previous posts.

Driver side door window frame is the one in your last post and has a blob of weld or something in the corner of the aft part of the wing catch part as npbusguy called "bubblegum".

Passenger side window frame shown in previous will never shut right until you bend the wing's bottom up.

Ok, so, looking at the driver's side frame you either need to remove the goober and then try to get the rubber to seat all the way back to the vertical piece or cut the rubber off complimentary to the goober. You will have to cut the vertical seal as well as the surround seal's lower rear to accommodate the goober.

The vertical seal goes outside the bottom seal not inside as you have it in previous photos.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: