Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Next time i'll keep my mouth shut.
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
ach60 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Next time i'll keep my mouth shut. Reply with quote

vwracerdave wrote:
The day after I bought my house I painted the whole garage white and then installed florescent lighting and peg board when it was completely empty(16 years ago). The white paint helps make it brighter inside so I have more light when working on my cars.

I did that on my Condo 29 years ago, worked great showing every mark where I touched a wall with something dirty.
But the lighting was freaking GREAT!
Moved into my first House 15 years ago, didn't bother painting the garage.
Moved into my Second House 5 years ago, didn't bother painting the garage.
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
hitest
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Next time i'll keep my mouth shut. Reply with quote

My friend and Sambaphile Don (here on occasion) specializes in Monkey Bars Garage systems and that epoxy floor process. It's an amazing process involving thorough cleaning and mechanically scuffing the floor and applying steps of the epoxy, flake and scraping. it is VERY tough and resistant when done in steps over a couple days.

Give it a look see here: https://garagesolutionsboise.com/garage-floor-coating

I wonder what the nut looks like.

'62 L390 151, '62 L469 117, '63 L380 113, '64 L87 311, '65 L512 265, '65 L31 SO-42, '66 L360 251, '68 L30k 141, '71 L12 113, '74 ORG 181

FU#5
djkeev
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 4:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Next time i'll keep my mouth shut. Reply with quote

Common off the shelf entry door is 6' 8"
That garage door is taller than 7'

Dave

Ghia
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=392473

Vanagon
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6315537#6315537

Beetle
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=482968&highlight=74+super+vert
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 1:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Next time i'll keep my mouth shut. Reply with quote

Im building a barn style now....it should of been finished back in may.but...the guys pouring the slab were 6 weeks late...then I got afu from food poisining...then afu from the hospital morons that gave me the shit I can not tolerate.....witch left me afu for 2 months+ along with gaining 15 pounds from not being able to do squat...and effed up my ankle real good too...Ive just got started back on it this week...in the florida sun...by my self...I got the trusses up this week..I will not be rolling on paint. I use sprayer, oh somuch faster and usualy looks better too. still cant walk on ankle without a stiff shew.pain in the ass to wear shews all the time, till I get in bed.but it's now "usable" finaly. yes getten old sucks. pure shit moron drs suck worse. and now herbie cane n the way....I reckon Ill waite to put the roof sheething on till after. might put the vynel siding on while I waite.
nsracing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 5:56 am    Post subject: Re: Next time i'll keep my mouth shut. Reply with quote

I love big ass garages. Mine in another state is a measly 50 x 80 on two floors. I gawk at it when I am there doing house work.

Glenn, you must be a proud dad. Men should be able to work and dirty their hands once in awhile. It is good for the male state of mind. Continue the tradition.

But these days, beta males are the norm. And some of them want to be called ma'am. Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
67 Florida Deluxe
Samba Purist

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2019 10:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Next time i'll keep my mouth shut. Reply with quote

Glenn wrote:
My son bought a house last year and I told him I wish i painted my garage when I bought it 35 years ago. So a few weeks ago he asked me to help him paint his and organize it.

So I guess you're not going to tell him about your desire to have installed an in-ground pool and spill-over spa Smile

OG member of the '67 Posse

A few of my toys, past and present
'56 Oval, '66 KG Conv't, '67 21-Window, '67 Bug, '79 SuperVert, '55 Pre-A Continental
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
zimblewinder
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2019 4:15 am    Post subject: Re: Next time i'll keep my mouth shut. Reply with quote

I see your plan Glenn. My dad helped talk me into buying a house with a big shed... reckons it will keep both of us happy when he doesn't have one of his own to use. The folks think the spare bedroom is going to waste too Rolling Eyes
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: