Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

caravelle c - [email protected]
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: caravelle c
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: July 12, 2019
FRHeinsohn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:31 am    Post subject: caravelle c - [email protected] Reply with quote

Buyer Beware

Fellow Samba.com forum and classified buyer/seller members:

I've owned 20+ VWs and 2 Porsche 911s through the years (1st VW was a '69 Squareback while in the service at age 17 in CA). Got the bug (literally) early -- my father had a company car back in the 60s which was a European spec '63 w/semaphores and sun roof rag top (my Dad worked at the NY office for a German-based import/export firm based in Hamburg--parking lot was full of an array of unusual VW cars).

I've only be part of the Samba VW Classified community for a few years. I've made purchases totaling over $14K during this time. All purchases were great EXCEPT for one--specifically, from "Caravelle C."

"Caravelle C" resides outside of Munich, Germany. He had a Porsche G50 transmission for sale last June 2018 on this site. We negotiated back/forth and came up with a deal satisfactorily for both of us. Final payment was made in August 2018--I still don't have the G50. I'm long past initiating a PayPal complaint (did try) as well as a credit card fraud complaint (also tried). Fortunately, my bank--a credit union is willing to work with me.

"Caravell C" had lots of posts and had bought and sold items on the Samba site--so he seemed legit. He didn't give me a "once in a life deal" either for the G50--probably a little low by US pricing but by no means cheap. I'm also part German--paternal Grandfather and maternal Grandmother--so naturally trusted "a German" (they did make good cars over there). Well, turned out "Caravelle C" is a "Bad German." Dozens of e-mails, as many phone calls and a registered letter--nothing. He seemed to be playing me, seemingly knowing when the PayPal claim period had lapsed as well as the timely filing of a credit card fraud complaint.

On me, I'm a good guy. I'm one of those people you'd never notice in a crowd. Like many, served several post 9-11 tours in Iraq and Afghanistan (time in both places). Came back from Afghan II a bit worse for wear. I have to take a cocktail of medicine every night to keep pain and the occasional bad dream at bay. As a result, suffer severe nausea almost every day which makes having a full-time job difficult (like morning sickness). Nonetheless, do work and have a modest VA disability pension. For what its worth, earned two Bronze Stars "over there."

If "Caravelle C" did this to me, he'll do it to you too... .
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 5:22 pm    Post subject: Re: caravelle c - [email protected] Reply with quote

We previously discussed this via email and I suggested you posted feedback here.

This person has been banned pending the positive outcome of this transaction.
Either the part, if has actually been shipped, or a full refund.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
FRHeinsohn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:06 am    Post subject: Re: caravelle c - [email protected] Reply with quote

I am still working through a fraud complaint, will update the Samba community as this matter progresses.

Of note, "Caravelle c" (e-mail: [email protected]) name is Friedrich Schlampp in the event he seeks to create a new account on this site or another. He is not a fair trader and clearly has committed a fraud.
FRHeinsohn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:43 pm    Post subject: Re: caravelle c - [email protected] Reply with quote

Update to the Samba Community -- matter is now in the courts.

Mr. Friedrich Schlampp (the Tortfeasor in this instance) advised my Munich based attorney that he did in fact ship the G50 earlier this year but unfortunately couldn't find any evidence whatsoever of having done so...he couldn't even provide my attorney the name of the shipper other than to say it was a "British company" (always blaming the Brits...). It will be a catastrophic mistake if he choses to be dishonest to the magistrate as well... .

Legal fees to date = 2050 Euros +/- $2667.00

I believe that I have a good chance of prevailing in the German courts in which case Mr. Schlampp will owe me the $6,000.00 for the G50 plus all related court / legal fees AND have a life long civil judgment stamped on his forehead... .

As an aside, we all make mistakes. Mr. Schlampp seemed legit. I can't tell you all enough as to the amount of distress this has caused me at home. Mr. Schlampp's actions were intentional, devious, willful and as despicable... .
Marcdeb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 4:17 pm    Post subject: Re: caravelle c - [email protected] Reply with quote

Cheers FRHeinsohn,

Thank you for your service to our great country. I'm sorry that this crook took advantage of you. I totally understand your stress as I am going through a similar experience. Like you, I made a significant purchase from another Samba member who intentionally misrepresented the car I bought. It is indeed extremely stressful to be ripped off like this.

I wish you full success with your situation. Take gratification from knowing that you are a better person and that good people do come out on top one way or another. The dishonest crooks will face their fate soon enough.

Previously Owned:
2011 VW EOS Hard Top Conv
2008 Saab 9-3 2.0T Conv
2003 Saab 9-3 SE Conv
2001 Saab 9-3 Conv
1998 BMW 3 Series Conv
1997 Saab 900 Conv
1997 Mazda Miata

68 Ghia Vert Survivor with 22,350 miles: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=768107&highlight=
71 Ghia Vert Restoration: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=726710&postorder=asc
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: