Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Alignment shops in lower Michigan
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
fishgo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:05 am    Post subject: Alignment shops in lower Michigan Reply with quote

Hit a nasty bump this morning. I'm traveling and working across Michigan this week between Holland (west) and Brighton (east, near Detroit). Van pulls a touch to the left now. Any recommendations where I can get an alignment on an '83 this week?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Marshj
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:08 am    Post subject: Re: Alignment shops in lower Michigan Reply with quote

Orion Automotive, Ann Arbor. They pay attention to the details and service 3-4 Vanagons. Very modern shop, the owner was a dead head and worked on VW’s on the road from a mobile mechanic platform as a Vanagon..tell Michael the service manager Jeff Marsh referred you

Orion Automotive Service
https://www.google.com/search?q=orion+automotice+a...520Service
Abscate Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:53 am    Post subject: Re: Alignment shops in lower Michigan Reply with quote

Roll under and check tie rods for bends.

You need new ones if they are bent, not an alignment
fishgo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 5:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Alignment shops in lower Michigan Reply with quote

Thanks all, I'll give Orion a call tomorrow morning and look under the van tonight. Ann Arbor isn't too far from tomorrow's meetings. That works well.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
mikemtnbike
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Alignment shops in lower Michigan Reply with quote

That’s a great tip on Orion jmarsh good on you. I grew up in northeast metro Detroit and Brighton to Ann Arbor is totally reasonable. Fishgo, there’s really awesome mountain biking and disc golf near Brighton if you’re into either of those things and need to spend an extra day.
fishgo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:43 am    Post subject: Re: Alignment shops in lower Michigan Reply with quote

mikemtnbike wrote:
That’s a great tip on Orion jmarsh good on you. I grew up in northeast metro Detroit and Brighton to Ann Arbor is totally reasonable. Fishgo, there’s really awesome mountain biking and disc golf near Brighton if you’re into either of those things and need to spend an extra day.

I've already got the MTB on the van, with this trip planned for lots of areas. Just leaving Ionia now and Island Lakes SP looks good! Any other suggestions for biking? I'll be heading NW after tomorrow for a few more days.

FYI: Orion took a pass on looking at the suspension. They recommended Community Automotive in Grand Rapids. I visited Community this AM and they got me right in to take a look. Nothing bent, nothing too obvious for problems so my vacation doesn't have to be scuttled. I can get things more thoroughly checked out/repaired/adjusted when I get back to Wisconsin.
Marshj
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:46 am    Post subject: Re: Alignment shops in lower Michigan Reply with quote

Shoot me a PM.

My friend is a local MTB guide in the Brighton/ Pinckney Area. I’ll give you his contact

Of the best off the cuff: Tourne Shirt trail I’m Brighton Recreation Area / Bishop lake 8.5 mile loop. Beautiful. Great flow.

DTE Enegery Trail, Green Lake in Chelsea, Mi ( Waterloo recreation area )

The longest standing is Patowatomee trail in Silver Lake State Park. Near Island Lake SP. 17 mile loop if you want. But 5,9,12 options.

I grew up riding these trails for 15 years. But live in NYC now

Jeff
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: