Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Any photoshop experts?
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
candyman
Samba Trout Slayer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2021 9:30 am    Post subject: Any photoshop experts? Reply with quote

So my 87 burgundy westy has a Reimo hightop. The hightop is a blistering white. So I add some arctic camo decals temporarily to break up the white. I dont love it but it works fine for now I want to monstaliner the top eventually. Im very curious how the shades of desert sand would look on the top against the stock burgundy. Monstaliner has several shades of tan to tan-green that im curious about. Anyways anyone out there that could help me mock up what those colors would look like? Thanks!
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
0to60in6min
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2021 10:41 am    Post subject: Re: Any photoshop experts? Reply with quote

like this?.... but there are many hues of desert sand color... if you have a sample it may help

Last edited by 0to60in6min on Wed Aug 18, 2021 2:15 pm; edited 2 times in total
joetiger Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2021 10:55 am    Post subject: Re: Any photoshop experts? Reply with quote

Kinda sorta looks like mine!

Mine is Monstaliner, "Pass the Bubbly" is the name of the color. They had four or five different shades of tan/beige, and this one won out after a lot of gnashing of teeth.

I do like your camo, though.

'86 NAHT Vanagon GL Syncro/ supercharged ABA 2.0 "Pigpen"
'04 GTI 1.8T
'04 Golf R32

"get metaphysical with it. if it's simply a means to get to and from places, it will let you down. if it becomes your zen, it can't fail you." -dabaron

"Still, it's good to be afield."--VWagabond

Available Now! Vanagon to Louisiana--A Two-Lane Reckoning Through Past and Present

www.josephtrussell.com
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
candyman
Samba Trout Slayer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2021 11:00 am    Post subject: Re: Any photoshop experts? Reply with quote

joetiger wrote:
Kinda sorta looks like mine!

Mine is Monstaliner, "Pass the Bubbly" is the name of the color. They had four or five different shades of tan/beige, and this one won out after a lot of gnashing of teeth.

I do like your camo, though.

Yea close to that, i ordered that chip and several others that are similar tones. How much product did you use? One gallon or two? Looks great btw
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
candyman
Samba Trout Slayer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2021 11:03 am    Post subject: Re: Any photoshop experts? Reply with quote

0to60in6min wrote:
like this?.... but there are many hues of desert sand color... if you have a sample sample it may help

Thats pretty cool!
Here are the colors Im looking at currently

Dessert sand
Jeep spice
Pass the bubbly
Yank my doodle
Killer beej
joetiger Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2021 11:07 am    Post subject: Re: Any photoshop experts? Reply with quote

candyman wrote:

Yea close to that, i ordered that chip and several others that are similar tones. How much product did you use? One gallon or two? Looks great btw

Thanks! It has held up remarkably well. Monstaliner is good stuff.

With a buddy and I working quickly, we were able to stretch one gallon and get two coats on, just barely. If I'd been working alone I'd have had to crack another gallon. It starts to thicken so you have to get it on quickly.

'04 GTI 1.8T
'04 Golf R32

"get metaphysical with it. if it's simply a means to get to and from places, it will let you down. if it becomes your zen, it can't fail you." -dabaron

Available Now! Vanagon to Louisiana--A Two-Lane Reckoning Through Past and Present

www.josephtrussell.com
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
SyncroHead Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2021 5:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Any photoshop experts? Reply with quote

How about this...

Check out:
www.VANAVATION.com
www.SyncroSafari.org and
www.Vanagons.org

sphet wrote:
I have *no* idea what the previous owner carried in his Westy... angry donkeys?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
candyman
Samba Trout Slayer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2021 6:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Any photoshop experts? Reply with quote

SyncroHead wrote:
How about this...

Definitely better than the white. I considered possibly doing another camo theme over whatever sand desert color. The vinyl sheets are pretty reasonably priced and easy to work with. Not sure how they will lay down on the monstaliner however since its textured
4Gears4Tires
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2021 7:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Any photoshop experts? Reply with quote

If you have a pic without the camo, it'll be a lot easier to tint the top whatever color you want.
candyman
Samba Trout Slayer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2021 7:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Any photoshop experts? Reply with quote

4Gears4Tires wrote:
If you have a pic without the camo, it'll be a lot easier to tint the top whatever color you want.

Here is one

4Gears4Tires
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2021 8:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Any photoshop experts? Reply with quote

candyman
Samba Trout Slayer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2021 6:35 am    Post subject: Re: Any photoshop experts? Reply with quote

4Gears4Tires wrote:

Thank you I think I def like the desert sand tones better than the white. Now need to decide which shade
joetiger Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2021 6:39 am    Post subject: Re: Any photoshop experts? Reply with quote

candyman wrote:
Not sure how they will lay down on the monstaliner however since its textured

Monstaliner accepts vinyl very well. The texture is smooth/bumpy so no jagged, raised areas.

'04 GTI 1.8T
'04 Golf R32

www.josephtrussell.com
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2021 7:55 am    Post subject: Re: Any photoshop experts? Reply with quote

Here's another with tan camo too...

Kind of seems like a lot of space to be all one color, but I don't think the tan camo is fitting with the burgundy van all that well.

Jim

Check out:
www.VANAVATION.com
www.SyncroSafari.org and
www.Vanagons.org

sphet wrote:
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
candyman
Samba Trout Slayer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2021 9:13 am    Post subject: Re: Any photoshop experts? Reply with quote

SyncroHead wrote:
Here's another with tan camo too...

Kind of seems like a lot of space to be all one color, but I don't think the tan camo is fitting with the burgundy van all that well.

Jim

Hmmm…. Good points. The tan above on on joetigers seems like it may go with the burgundy. Just have to get the shade just right i suppose. Thanks for mocking these up for me!
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2021 11:18 am    Post subject: Re: Any photoshop experts? Reply with quote

I think I'd go with a grey-theme top with the burgandy body.

Check out:
www.VANAVATION.com
www.SyncroSafari.org and
www.Vanagons.org

sphet wrote:
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2021 11:33 am    Post subject: Re: Any photoshop experts? Reply with quote

Maybe a two-tone grey. Light over dark.

Check out:
www.VANAVATION.com
www.SyncroSafari.org and
www.Vanagons.org

sphet wrote:
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: