Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

My first time refinancing...
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:46 pm    Post subject: Re: My first time refinancing... Reply with quote

bluebus86 wrote:
calvinater wrote:
Dude $612 / month is nothing. What are wages like down there? Oops forgot
Walmart. With your knowledge of electrics you should install car stereos on the side.

On which side, left, right, front, or rear?

Bug On!

Doesn't matter, as long as you have fader and balance controls. Wink
skills@eurocarsplus
Samba Peckerhead

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:33 pm    Post subject: Re: My first time refinancing... Reply with quote

interesting spot you're in for sure.

stay the course...you'll get there. no joke, I rolled change to buy a car to get to work...200 in 1's and 5's and 200 in change. 89 diesel jetta. was an epic turd, but it did the deed.

it may seem impossible...but if you have any willpower you can do it. don't buy stupid shit....try to live on the cheap...like reusing paper plates cheap. sure, your quality of life will suck for a bit but it's only temporary.

can't tell you how many months I lived on beans and hot dogs....you do what you have to do.

my reason for switching to subaru is my german car was turning chinese so i said fuck it and went japanese.......
[email protected] wrote:
most VW enthusiasts are stuck in 80's price land.

Jake Raby wrote:
Thanks for the correction. I used to be a nice guy, then I ruined it by exposing myself to the public.

Brian wrote:
Also the fact that people are agreeing with Skills, it's a turn of events for samba history
TDCTDI
Samba Advocatus Diaboli

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:59 pm    Post subject: Re: My first time refinancing... Reply with quote

Look into the 15 year option. Doing the refi & getting rid of the PMI without adding any more to the principle might shorten your term by 5 years & get you below your current payment, that would seem like a win/win.

GOFUNDYOURSELF, quit asking everyone to do it for you!

An air cooled VW will make you a hoarder.

Do something, anything, to your project every day, and you will eventually complete it.
marklaken
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:47 pm    Post subject: Re: My first time refinancing... Reply with quote

I'd take the 30 year rate with the $2k cash, pay off the IRS, pay off the credit card, then save extra into your 401k with every intent to borrow from the 401k for a down payment on a second house and convert your current house into a rental within the next 10 years.

'65 rear left beetle fender

15" Bus Wheels in fair condition

Mark Laken
Fort Collins, CO
my59
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:04 pm    Post subject: Re: My first time refinancing... Reply with quote

jspbtown wrote:
Haven't read each post in detail but your last chart grabbed my attention....

$99 a month for property taxes? Damn...….I pay close to $500 a month for property taxes. I am sure a NY'er will chime in as well....

When I had a 2800 sf house in Brooklyn on a 20 by 100 lot, the taxes in a shit school district were about 3500 a year.
Relocated when the oldest had to start school to a 1200 sf house on a 1/4 acre lot with a good school district, taxes were....3500 a year.
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:20 pm    Post subject: Re: My first time refinancing... Reply with quote

marklaken wrote:
I'd take the 30 year rate with the $2k cash, pay off the IRS, pay off the credit card, then save extra into your 401k with every intent to borrow from the 401k for a down payment on a second house and convert your current house into a rental within the next 10 years.

This, but reconsider if you want to deal with rental property when the time comes.
sb001
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:33 pm    Post subject: Re: My first time refinancing... Reply with quote

marklaken wrote:

This is pretty much the decision I have made- the problem with the 15 year refinance is the higher monthly payment I would be REQUIRED to come up with every month, vs the 30 year where I can always pay more from what I am saving each month toward the loan principal but if something comes up where I need emergency cash it's there.

I have a 403b that's valued at approx $52k at the moment. But with this monthly savings it appears I should be able to contribute more out of my paycheck.

Not sure about the second home/ rental idea I'd have to look into that more.

1969 autostick sedan, family owned since new
1600 SP engine
Solex 30 PICT 3 carburetor
Bosch 113905205AE autostick distributor
sb001
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:36 pm    Post subject: Re: My first time refinancing... Reply with quote

calvinater wrote:
Dude $612 / month is nothing. What are wages like down there? Oops forgot
Walmart. With your knowledge of electrics you should install car stereos on the side.

$612 is the NEW payment not what I'm paying now.

You need to go back and read the whole thread, I discussed this very topic.

Car stereos is nowhere near a profitable venture anymore, you'd have to go back to 1986.

1969 autostick sedan, family owned since new
1600 SP engine
Solex 30 PICT 3 carburetor
Bosch 113905205AE autostick distributor
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: