Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Favorite quotes ... and where they came from
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
61 BUS Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2021 8:24 am    Post subject: Re: Favorite quotes ... and where they came from Reply with quote

Garry - From the 1982 movie "The Thing".....

"I know you gentlemen have been through a lot. But when you find the time, I'd rather not spend the rest of this winter TIED TO THIS F**KING COUCH!!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2SGPF8fej8
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2021 1:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Favorite quotes ... and where they came from Reply with quote

61 BUS wrote:
It's good to have an open mind, but not so open that your brain falls out. - Carl Sagan

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Interesting guy. I worked with him in the 1980s.
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 8:47 am    Post subject: Re: Favorite quotes ... and where they came from Reply with quote

" you cant fix stupid" Im not sure who did it originally but they nailed it. probably jeff foxworthy or larry the cable guy, or ron white....yup I would say ron white.
Cusser
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 12:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Favorite quotes ... and where they came from Reply with quote

mark tucker wrote:
" you cant fix stupid" Im not sure who did it originally but they nailed it. probably jeff foxworthy or larry the cable guy, or ron white....yup I would say ron white.

"You can’t fix stupid” is a popular American expression. “But I can’t fix stupid” was in the comic strip Shoe by Jeff MacNelly on August 4, 1991. Jim White (1937-2009), an American radio talk-show host on KMOX, in St. Louis, Missouri, frequently used the expression and was credited for it in a newspaper on February 2, 1995, but there is no evidence that he used the expression as early as 1991.

American stand-up comedian, actor and author Ron White
(no relation to Jim White) nationally popularized “you can’t fix stupid” in 2005 (when he attempted to trademark the term) and 2006 (when it was the title of his book).
1970 VW (owned since 1972) and 1971 VW Convertible (owned since 1976), second owner of each. The '71 now has the 1835 engine, swapped from the '70. Second owner of each. 1988 Mazda B2200 truck, 1998 Frontier, 2014 Yukon, 2004 Frontier King Cab. All manual transmission except for the Yukon. http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335294 http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335297
udidwht
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2021 3:27 am    Post subject: Re: Favorite quotes ... and where they came from Reply with quote

When seconds count...know the police are minutes away.

Today those minutes are growing quickly. Be prepared to deliver justice yourself.
71mm Stroke
73 Web Cam w/Web solids
Dual 40mm IDF Webers - LM-2 - 47.5 idles/125 mains/190 air corr./F11 tubes/28mm Vents - Float height 10.45mm/Drop 32mm
Bosch SVDA w/Pertronix module (7.5 initial 28 total @ 3400rpm)
Bosch W8CC plugs
Pertronix Flamethrower 40K coil
S&S 4-1 w/Walker QP 17862
3 rib 002 Trans
185R14 Hankook tires
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2021 3:36 am    Post subject: Re: Favorite quotes ... and where they came from Reply with quote

“Fear your own stupidity over others”

Another CARL Sagan classic
OB Bus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2021 8:11 am    Post subject: Re: Favorite quotes ... and where they came from Reply with quote

"It's showtime!"

Bob Fosse in All That Jazz -- early 1970s.

I do not use it to try to cover an alcohol driven, chain smoking, coke shorting life. For me it is clear code for "time to get ready and perform."
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
calvinater
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2021 10:10 am    Post subject: Re: Favorite quotes ... and where they came from Reply with quote

Water, not fit for human consumption, fish Pee in it.

W.C. Fields
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2021 7:34 am    Post subject: Re: Favorite quotes ... and where they came from Reply with quote

hmm....hear hold my beer !! watch this!! I wonder who was the first. Shocked and did they survive to tell the tail
calvinater
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2021 4:33 am    Post subject: Re: Favorite quotes ... and where they came from Reply with quote

mark tucker wrote:
hmm....hear hold my beer !! watch this!! I wonder who was the first. Shocked and did they survive to tell the tail

This should in the famous last words thread, sort of like “ I wonder where the mother bear is”
2type2
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2021 4:22 am    Post subject: Re: Favorite quotes ... and where they came from Reply with quote

Never stand behind a sneezing cow.
calvinater
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2022 9:57 am    Post subject: Re: Favorite quotes ... and where they came from Reply with quote

Riachard Widmark in “The Last Wagon”

“ It always did take two Apaches , to kill one Comanche “
madmike
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2022 4:50 am    Post subject: Re: Favorite quotes ... and where they came from Reply with quote

"If Tire's were made out of Pussy ,they'ed Never Ware Out"
Author unknown,could of been my old 'Biker buddy'? Laughing
76 Drag/Street bug 2180cc 'Turbo' 11:85 @113 mph"If I go any faster I'll burn up the Hamster" ,gets 28 mpg. also 10/09/22 11.90 @115 mph
"If I'm ever on Life Support,UNPLUG Me, Then Plug me back In see if that Works"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Bonesberg55
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2022 8:48 am    Post subject: Re: Favorite quotes ... and where they came from Reply with quote

Eli Lapp in Witness: "You be careful out among the English".

Marge Gunderson in Fargo: "And it's a beautiful day".
Cusser
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2022 9:05 am    Post subject: Re: Favorite quotes ... and where they came from Reply with quote

Rich Latsch wrote:

Mrs. Cusser and I saw "Witness" early on, and on its first weekend. So we still say this phrase.
1970 VW (owned since 1972) and 1971 VW Convertible (owned since 1976), second owner of each. The '71 now has the 1835 engine, swapped from the '70. Second owner of each. 1988 Mazda B2200 truck, 1998 Frontier, 2014 Yukon, 2004 Frontier King Cab. All manual transmission except for the Yukon. http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335294 http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335297
Bonesberg55
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2022 10:10 am    Post subject: Re: Favorite quotes ... and where they came from Reply with quote

Cusser wrote:
Rich Latsch wrote:

Mrs. Cusser and I saw "Witness" early on, and on its first weekend. So we still say this phrase.

We also saw it when it was first released. We have Amish country just a couple of hours from us and visit quite frequently being very cautious to avoid those piles along the road.

Be careful out there among the mounds!
madmike
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2022 5:19 am    Post subject: Re: Favorite quotes ... and where they came from Reply with quote

We have a huge Amish Community about 25 mile south of us (Mio ,Mi), We have an Amish 'Farrier' (trims the wife's Horses), He digs my 'Solar Array',,,our butcher is Mennonite,he drives a VW waterpumper,
76 Drag/Street bug 2180cc 'Turbo' 11:85 @113 mph"If I go any faster I'll burn up the Hamster" ,gets 28 mpg. also 10/09/22 11.90 @115 mph
"If I'm ever on Life Support,UNPLUG Me, Then Plug me back In see if that Works"
Igpoe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2022 4:32 am    Post subject: Re: Favorite quotes ... and where they came from Reply with quote

"3 wrongs don't make a right, but three lefts will"
Mike Allen, Dryburg Virginia
Bonesberg55
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2022 4:48 am    Post subject: Re: Favorite quotes ... and where they came from Reply with quote

"We the people of the United States in order to form a more perfect union". What does that mean? You can't make something "more perfect". It's either perfect or it isn't. As I recall, there have been 27 amendments.

Another one is "to be perfectly honest with you"..... You're either honest or you're not.

How about "I'm out there every day giving 110 percent"? Is this the new math?
Cusser
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2022 6:54 am    Post subject: Re: Favorite quotes ... and where they came from Reply with quote

Some of these are attributed to Yogi Berra

"Sometimes a deal ain't such a deal"

It ain’t over until it’s over

There are degrees of degrees

I never said most of the things I said

You can sometimes win by losing

If it ain’t broke, it will be

Most of us don't have much left brain left, and right brains that aren't right.

If it’s got tits or tires, its gonna be trouble

Thought I was the only one who thought that !!!

"Nothing shows poor workmanship like wrinkles in the duct tape."

I believe that everything happens for a reason. Usually that reason is that someone screwed up.

"If you don't have a problem, you don't have a problem"

It’s the little things that are big !!!

"If you guess, you're just guessing !!!"

“My cat’s very nocturnal at night”

Everything works until it breaks

"it will get better, or it won't"

“when one wiper is on the wrong side, then the other usually is also”

“it’s the little things that are big”

The best place to start is at the beginning

"computers aren't as smart as we think they are"

If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish, he will sit in the boat and drink beer all day

Good judgment comes from bad experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

I wouldn't be concerned over things that are of no concern.

"I didn't hear about the silent auction !!!

When doing a computer search of cutesy trade names, be sure to misspell the word incorrectly !!!!

1.Nothing is as easy as it looks.
2.Everything takes longer than you think.
3.Anything that can go wrong will go wrong.
4.If there is a possibility of several things going wrong, the one that will cause the most damage will be the one to go wrong. Corollary: If there is a worse time for something to go wrong, it will happen then.
5.You never run out of things that can go wrong.
6.If anything simply cannot go wrong, it will anyway.
7.If you perceive that there are four possible ways in which a procedure can go wrong, and circumvent these, then a fifth way, unprepared for, will promptly develop.
8.If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something.
9.It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenious.
10.Whenever you set out to do something, something else must be done first.
11.Every solution breeds new problems

We need some new words in English.

Like a new term for "adult children"

Like a new term for "live at home". Which brings to mind: I live at home, home is wherever I live. And if a homeless person's "adult children" live with him/her, do they "live at home" ?

When a ball comes flying into the stands, why do people yell "heads up" instead of "heads down" ?

Career criminal

Criminal mastermind

Friendly fire

I’m more confused than a homeless person on house arrest !!!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Jump to:
Page 7 of 12

Jump to: