Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts  See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

fleabay, they take revenge on your kids.
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
modok
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:59 am    Post subject: fleabay, they take revenge on your kids. Reply with quote

shocking headline? True story.
Grandma sells handbags on fleabay, for prices that are too low.

fleabay computer detects suspicious activity

Her, AND her kids fleabay and playpal accounts get LOCKED.

Rantings of an angry man? yes and no

This same kind of story has been happening for years.

fleabay does not have time to actually investigate, they just "suspect" if stuff is hot or fake, and act on it automatically.

And they have a problem with people making multiple accounts, but they don't have time to actually investigate, they just keep a secret list of members they suspect are related, and shut them all down if anything seems suspicious.

But it turns out many people's accounts are related, because they are RELATED.

It's the fleebay ANTI FAMILY policy.

And I just want you to know about it, because they sure don't tell you, that if your friends or family screw up thier account, it can screw up yours too.

Many of you, like me, have probably used the platform for many years trading oddball collectable antique stuff, without a single problem whatsoever, but it could happen to YOU.
67_13Deluxe
Samba Resident Alien

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:20 am    Post subject: Re: fleabay, they take revenge on your kids. Reply with quote

Thanks for the warning. I avoid doing business there if I can. Sometimes I have to though.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
outcaststudios Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:18 am    Post subject: Re: fleabay, they take revenge on your kids. Reply with quote

its also f-ed up that they own paypal and can help themselves to your money if they decide to. imagine being able to just go into a customers bank account and take money you feel youre owed. then they act like'oh we cant do anything about paypal!' haha i loathe ebay!
(rip)three type III"s
(rip) '81 vanagon
a bunch of french stuff,and 9 motorcycles.
modok
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:45 pm    Post subject: Re: fleabay, they take revenge on your kids. Reply with quote

Well, I slightly sympathize with them because they don't have the time and resources to investigate each case.

fleabay and playpal and g-mail are all watching you, and share info.
Best way to prevent it is ONLY log onto the sites from your own computer, and not let anybody else use your computer for that either, because they track you with cookies.

There is no official rule about it, but that's how they are doing it.

I love ebay and I'm not going to stop, but....could have avoided much suffering I had known about the secret rules. I think the solution is to tell everybody, then the rules won't be secret.

In the past I have logged on, say, at work, and logged out again.
And for weeks after I see what my co-workers are looking at in my "recently viewed" list.
Or I let my buddy log on on my computer, then my recently viewed list is full of tow trucks and towing accessories.
It's alarmingly simple. As elon musk says....not yet the age of artificial intelegence, this is the age of stupid algorithms
[email protected]
Samba Peckerhead

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:10 pm    Post subject: Re: fleabay, they take revenge on your kids. Reply with quote

outcaststudios wrote:
its also f-ed up that they own paypal and can help themselves to your money if they decide to.

jokes on them.

I have an account with zero.99 in it and a rechargeable debit card on file with them.

kind of a PITA, as I have to transfer $$ before a purchase, but after them siding with a guy who essentially stole parts from me...it was my best way to stick it to them.

in the end, my bank fought them. evidently my photos and emails made it easy according to the girl at the bank, who then told me she hit them for another 20% in fees...which they paid

my reason for switching to subaru is my german car was turning chinese so i said fuck it and went japanese.......
[email protected] wrote:
most VW enthusiasts are stuck in 80's price land.

Jake Raby wrote:
Thanks for the correction. I used to be a nice guy, then I ruined it by exposing myself to the public.

Brian wrote:
Also the fact that people are agreeing with Skills, it's a turn of events for samba history
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: