Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Sportsmobile Camping pop up roof
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
bullijochen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:04 am    Post subject: Sportsmobile Camping pop up roof Reply with quote

Hello all
i am proud owner of 79 tin top which i modified to a camper myself. I have the westfalia foldable bed an a fridge an selfmade interior.
on the week end a sportsmobile roof came across my way for a reasonable price so I decided to buy it.
The problem now for me is that It is in parts and I am trying to picture it how it should look like whe its finished. What i could figure out is that it is the version with the canvas on the outside so it is the later version. Also i was able to figure out how the folding mechanism is working. Unfortunately the bed is completely missing.
so her may Questions:
- Is the bed expandable over the hole in the roof? Or is it just short one an is lying on the tin of the back part?
- did anyone of you manage to get a new canvas for it?
- The movable part of the opening mechanism that is shifting in the lower U-shaped steel bar is this just fixed with a screw in the slot hole an gliding forward backwards? or is there a kind of glider sitting inside the u-steel catching the force?
That is it for the moment. Lot of questiobs will come up soon i guess.
hope somebody can give me informations.
Best regards Jochen
busdaddy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:51 am    Post subject: Re: Sportsmobile Camping pop up roof Reply with quote

Lots of pics and information here: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/search.php?searc..._chars=200

Please don't PM technical questions, ask your problem in public so everyone can play along. If you think it's too stupid post it here
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!

Слава Україні!
bullijochen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 2:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Sportsmobile Camping pop up roof Reply with quote

Thank you for the information but was not enough. There is no picture from the bed itsself.. and how it is build..
Hope somebody can give me some information about is so I can rebuild it myself..
Best regards Jochen
jtauxe Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:53 am    Post subject: Re: Sportsmobile Camping pop up roof Reply with quote

I expect that if anyone can help you, they watch this thread:
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=215005

I had a 1972 SMB for some time, and committed a lot of photos on here and on my own web site:
http://www.tauxe.net/vw/ann

You might see if any of that helps.
1969 Transporter, 1971 Westfalia, 1976, 1977, 1976, 1977, 1971, 1973, 1977 Westfalias,
1979 Champagne Sunroof, 1974 Westfalia Automatic, 1979 Transporter, 1972 Sportsmobile, 1973 Transporter Wild Westerner, 1974 Westfalia parts bus
, 1975 Mexican single cab *FOR SALE*, 1978 Irish 4-door double cab RHD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
bullijochen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Sportsmobile Camping pop up roof Reply with quote

Thank you John but I have been through your pics already. Unfortunately they dont show the long bed, just the regular one.
I posted in the past already for some help in the sportsmobile united thread but response was basically none.
Therfore I tried it here.
Best regards Jochen
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: