Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Oct 61 Bus(62) 4 Pin Black Box Wiring
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
tasb
The Distributor Distributor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 12:17 pm    Post subject: Oct 61 Bus(62) 4 Pin Black Box Wiring Reply with quote

I've done a pretty extensive search under black box and flasher relay for the early hazard light models and wiring diagrams and have not come up with an answer.

I have a four pin box which I believe is correct part # 211 953 215 C. The bus was converted to 12v and the blink-warnlicht Relais is marked 12v.

-31 Ground wire?
KBL Blue wire to speedo?
+49 ?
49a ?

I have two wires pigtailed together black and black green white going to the emergency flasher relay by the passenger headlight. The other wire is also black green white going up to the flasher light switch on the dash.

Do I have the ground and blue wires correct? Where do the others connect to on the emergency flasher relay +49 and 49a?

1965 hardtop Deluxe Microbus owned since 1990 M 620 factory 12 v 1500cc

1961 (October)Single Cab- Road Trip Workhorse
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
BarryL Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Oct 61 Bus(62) 4 Pin Black Box Wiring Reply with quote

Which diagram are you referring to?
tasb

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Oct 61 Bus(62) 4 Pin Black Box Wiring Reply with quote

I'm using the diagrams from this site, both the 62-65 diagram and the 63 diagram USA with the highlights.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
busdaddy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Oct 61 Bus(62) 4 Pin Black Box Wiring Reply with quote

I can't recall the terminal numbers on the hazard relay, but on the flasher 49 is power in from the fuse box and 49a is flashed power out to the signal switch and/or hazard relay.

Please don't PM technical questions, ask your problem in public so everyone can play along. If you think it's too stupid post it here
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!

Слава Україні!
tasb

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:15 am    Post subject: Re: Oct 61 Bus(62) 4 Pin Black Box Wiring Reply with quote

Yeee up, after several hours of testing last night, was able to confirm the above as correct. Those early flasher relays sure are persnickity.Thanks for the assist guys.

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: