Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

What did an SP2 have for suspension/driveline?
Forum Index -> Other VW Vehicles/Volksrods Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:16 pm    Post subject: What did an SP2 have for suspension/driveline? Reply with quote

First time venturing into the “other” section after seeing an SP2 for sale in the classifieds. I did some searching, but didn’t quite find what I was looking for. What did a SP2 have for a suspension, engine, and transaxle? I’ve found the chassis is the same as the Brazilian Variant, and some resto pics I found from them looks like the front suspension is a Type 1 based ball joint with the rear being similar to a swing axle Type 3. Also some Variant pics show a 1600 Type 1 style engine using the pancake Type 3 cooling tin as opposed to the pancake Type 4 of the 411/412. And the trans appears to be a Type 1/3 swing axle. Are my findings correct?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 5:45 am    Post subject: Re: What did an SP2 have for suspension/driveline? Reply with quote

Anyone....? This really must be a mystery......
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vaughn bros.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 1:57 pm    Post subject: Re: What did an SP2 have for suspension/driveline? Reply with quote

These pics were on the interweb. I've never seen one in person.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

finster
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 7:20 am    Post subject: Re: What did an SP2 have for suspension/driveline? Reply with quote

One website said the sp was designed on a type3 floorpan/chassis but this website (below) has the handbooks which show a brazillian type chassis with type1 front end and irs rear end
http://vwsp2.zbr.com.br/manual/

nothing lasts, nothing is finished, and nothing is perfect...
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 9:06 am    Post subject: Re: What did an SP2 have for suspension/driveline? Reply with quote

I’ll have to take a closer look with Google translator on that site, but it looks interesting. Judging from the picture above, it looks more like a swing axle Ghia than any Type 3/Variant.
BKiller
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 11:06 am    Post subject: Re: What did an SP2 have for suspension/driveline? Reply with quote

Type 3 Front Beam with a Swing Axle rear.

72MUST
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2019 6:44 am    Post subject: Re: What did an SP2 have for suspension/driveline? Reply with quote

Type 1 balljoint beam & discs , swing axle 3.88 afaik , type 3 cooling ,but 1679cc
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Other VW Vehicles/Volksrods All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: