Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Buggy Finally Finished
Page: 1, 2  Next
Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bkhansen93
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 5:45 pm    Post subject: Buggy Finally Finished Reply with quote

Hey everyone. Figured I’d update those who may be interested. That my buggy is done! I had meant to document things as i did them and make a build thread but I found I can’t work and think ahead at the same time so theres that. But I will make one over the winter when I make a budget buggy using parts I have sitting. If I were to start one again I would do something’s completely different. But live and learn. Id never sell this buggy even with all its flaws. (I’m sure many of you are like that as well). If you have any questions about what I did or stuff I may do just ask.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

MrGoodtunes
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 6:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Buggy Finally Finished Reply with quote

Nice. What I like best about your build is how a side view shows that you have something of an actual "trunk" behind the seats and top, with a trunk lid no less!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Rockbound
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 7:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Buggy Finally Finished Reply with quote

Looks great!
Bkhansen93
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 10:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Buggy Finally Finished Reply with quote

MrGoodtunes wrote:
Nice. What I like best about your build is how a side view shows that you have something of an actual "trunk" behind the seats and top, with a trunk lid no less!

Ya! It would provide a lot of enclosed storage if I hadn't had to put my gas tank back there lol. It still offers a bit though. Its great for things that shouldn’t be exposed. Like tools, loose clothing, a few spare parts, bentley service manual. That sort of stuff. I intend to modify the engine cage over the winter and make a rack that sits on top of it to provide some more storage like joescoolcustoms has on his cage. Mine would be welded on though.
hillmotorsports
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 8:26 am    Post subject: Re: Buggy Finally Finished Reply with quote

Why is the fuel tank not in front?

(With way more projects than spare time!)
Bkhansen93
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 9:23 am    Post subject: Re: Buggy Finally Finished Reply with quote

The hole in the body for it is smaller than a stock beetle tank. I probably could have made it bigger to fit but I had a fuel cell sitting around so I just tossed it in the back.
dlyle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 9:48 am    Post subject: Re: Buggy Finally Finished Reply with quote

You did a good job on it. Looks great.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
andk5591
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 9:57 am    Post subject: Re: Buggy Finally Finished Reply with quote

Very very nice car. Clean classic look with some very nice and tasteful details. Applause
"John's car" 64 VW woodie - The first ever
Maxine 61 Cal-look bug - Cindy's daily driver.
Max - 73 standard Beetle hearse project - For sale
66 bug project - Real patina & Suby conversion
There's more, but not keeping them...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
joescoolcustoms
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 10:16 am    Post subject: Re: Buggy Finally Finished Reply with quote

What muffler did you use? Looks like a Hayabusa.

I like the wheel choice.

Everyone is gifted. Some just do not open the package.

Looks like it was painted with a live chicken,polished with a brick and buffed with a pine cone
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
62kellison
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 11:53 am    Post subject: Re: Buggy Finally Finished Reply with quote

RZR seats?....thanks,looks great!!..
oprn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 3:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Buggy Finally Finished Reply with quote

I agree on the clean classic look!

Except the tail lights - that is really different... but in a good personalized way!
YDBD
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 9:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Buggy Finally Finished Reply with quote

Very clean detailing!

Enjoy the smiles while cruising!
'64 baja
'60 dune buggy
'73 Personenkraftwagen Type 182 "Thing"
Bkhansen93
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:47 am    Post subject: Re: Buggy Finally Finished Reply with quote

joescoolcustoms wrote:
What muffler did you use? Looks like a Hayabusa.

I like the wheel choice.

The muffler is a Yoshimura Titanium RS-3 for a 2001 Suzuki SV1000s. That bike is a dual exhaust bike. This is the left side muffler. The right was destroyed in a pretty nasty looking crash. So this one was maybe $20. Quite the deal.

It still sounds like a ACVW but is quieter to the point that you can actually hold a conversation or listen to music. But it inst a whisper by any means.
Bkhansen93
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:49 am    Post subject: Re: Buggy Finally Finished Reply with quote

62kellison wrote:
RZR seats?....thanks,looks great!!..

Yup RZR seats are imo the best and cheapest alternative to full suspension seats like PRP.
Bkhansen93
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:51 am    Post subject: Re: Buggy Finally Finished Reply with quote

oprn wrote:

Except the tail lights - that is really different... but in a good personalized way!

The tail lights are an area I still go back and forth on. I may move them up in the body like a more traditional buggy. We'll see what ends up happening.
CNSRANCH
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:32 am    Post subject: Re: Buggy Finally Finished Reply with quote

Bkhansen93 wrote:
oprn wrote:

The tail lights are an area I still go back and forth on. I may move them up in the body like a more traditional buggy. We'll see what ends up happening.

I would.....
Bkhansen93
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:49 am    Post subject: Re: Buggy Finally Finished Reply with quote

I want to wait before I move them up because once they are in the body theres no going back. I may make a rack similar to what Joe has on his buggy for some extra storage. If I do make one, leaving the lights down low would be better.

slalombuggy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:04 am    Post subject: Re: Buggy Finally Finished Reply with quote

Finished? Well aren't you the optimist 😂

Seriously though, cool ride. Love the old s'cool style.
Bkhansen93
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:11 am    Post subject: Re: Buggy Finally Finished Reply with quote

slalombuggy wrote:
Finished? Well aren't you the optimist 😂

Seriously though, cool ride. Love the old s'cool style.

I know right? Its funny about 20 minutes after posting this thread I was driving in the dark and all my lights went out. I had a short. Took a while to find it but its fixed and good as new again. And thanks! I wanted a little bit of a mix between old and new. I'm happy with it.
joescoolcustoms
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:46 am    Post subject: Re: Buggy Finally Finished Reply with quote

This is the buggy that rack was built for. The lights shine through just fine.

Everyone is gifted. Some just do not open the package.

Looks like it was painted with a live chicken,polished with a brick and buffed with a pine cone
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: