Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Bus storage needed in Baltimore or D.C. areas
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
airschooled
Air-Schooled

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 9:28 am    Post subject: Bus storage needed in Baltimore or D.C. areas Reply with quote

Hi folks,

I'm on an extended trip right now, and have to fly back to California for a week or two soon. My bus will have to stay on the East coast, near Baltimore or Washington D.C. (approx. September 1st through 9th.)

Does anyone know of a car storage center near those cities that doesn't require a long-term commitment or membership?

Or, does anyone have any extra garage space that they'd like to rent out for two weeks? I am happy to pay or donate a full Air-Schooled work day.

Thanks in advance,
Robbie
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
SGKent Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 10:10 am    Post subject: Re: Bus storage needed in Baltimore or D.C. areas Reply with quote

There are plenty of homeless in those areas Robbie who would love to borrow it for a week.

Most airports have long term in building secure storage with a shuttle or ride to the airport.
airschooled
Air-Schooled

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 10:12 am    Post subject: Re: Bus storage needed in Baltimore or D.C. areas Reply with quote

SGKent wrote:
There are plenty of homeless in those areas Robbie who would love to borrow it for a week.

Most airports have long term in building secure storage with a shuttle or ride to the airport.

I don’t have time to teach the transients how to double clutch, but the airports are an excellent idea, I’ll start looking thanks!

Robbie
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
skills@eurocarsplus
Samba Peckerhead

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 11:38 am    Post subject: Re: Bus storage needed in Baltimore or D.C. areas Reply with quote

if you want to fly out of Hartford, Providence or Boston you can dump it here. may not be on your way tho.

no need to pay, and I don't need a class. just leave me a key so I can shuffle it around if needed

my reason for switching to subaru is my german car was turning chinese so i said fuck it and went japanese.......
[email protected] wrote:
most VW enthusiasts are stuck in 80's price land.

Jake Raby wrote:
Thanks for the correction. I used to be a nice guy, then I ruined it by exposing myself to the public.

Brian wrote:
Also the fact that people are agreeing with Skills, it's a turn of events for samba history
Jetfxr69
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 11:47 am    Post subject: Re: Bus storage needed in Baltimore or D.C. areas Reply with quote

I stay at a crashpad (house that pilots and mechanics sleep) at BWI. It has a driveway (sorry, no garage), that you could park it at for free. Its 1/4 mile behind the airport. I fly back and forth every two weeks and will be there from Aug 30-sep 3 and then fly away and come back sep13. If you cant find anything else that your comfortable with, PM me and I can send you address and some yard pics to help you decide. Its a decent residential neighborhood. No one in the house ( we all rent rooms and beds from the owner (pilot) ), would care, and there are people coming and going all the time, so eyes would be on it. I require nothing in exchange. Jay

‘77 westy Seamus
‘76 tintop Crusher
‘77 westy The Judge
‘72 tintop bastard westy Hudson
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Jetfxr69
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 11:50 am    Post subject: Re: Bus storage needed in Baltimore or D.C. areas Reply with quote

The week you do NH, I will be down there working, otherwise I would have added a day. Dont have any needs currently, but im sure we could have found something that needs attention.

‘77 westy Seamus
‘76 tintop Crusher
‘77 westy The Judge
‘72 tintop bastard westy Hudson
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 1:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Bus storage needed in Baltimore or D.C. areas Reply with quote

I have a friend in Baltimore area but they are on the Northen extremity of MARC to BWI

I hate that pilots call them crash pads, btw. Very Happy

I flew with the ill fated crew of the Colgan air flight the week before, Becca was deadheading to see a friend. Wow , it’s been 10 years now.

Last edited by Abscate on Sun Jul 28, 2019 3:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
60vwnewengland
Twin #2

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 2:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Bus storage needed in Baltimore or D.C. areas Reply with quote

If you don't mind street parking your bus in DC, you can park behind my bus. I have a visitor pass we can drop on the dashboard.

PM if interested.

Photo of current conditions in front of my house:
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
appetite
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 7:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Bus storage needed in Baltimore or D.C. areas Reply with quote

If you want to fly out of Newark, you can park it in my garage. 20 minutes to the airport.
aeromech
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 8:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Bus storage needed in Baltimore or D.C. areas Reply with quote

You need safe, secure parking. Please don’t leave it on the street. How about a tow company yard? I’d also suggest a locking wheel chock like I use.

Trimax TCL65 Wheel Chock Lock https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0031XULF2/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_.QMpDbJ0QYAD2
Boeing 727,737-200-300-400,757,767
Airbus A319,320,321
DC9/MD80
BAe146
Fokker F28/F100
VW type 1 1962,63,65,69,72
VW Type 2 1971 (3 ea.) 1978, 1969
VW Jetta
VW Passat
Capable of leaping tall buildings in a single bound
DougB
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 9:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Bus storage needed in Baltimore or D.C. areas Reply with quote

I wish I could offer a space in Falls Church, VA (just 6 miles from DC) but I don't even have a garage for my own bus. Sad Good luck on thew search!
'41 Zundapp KS600
'55 Puch SGS250
A very, very understanding wife
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
goodliving25
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 5:07 am    Post subject: Re: Bus storage needed in Baltimore or D.C. areas Reply with quote

If you can fly out of Charlotte you can leave at my place. I have a building it can stay under. I'm just south of Charlotte in SC.
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 5:20 am    Post subject: Re: Bus storage needed in Baltimore or D.C. areas Reply with quote

DougB wrote:
I wish I could offer a space in Falls Church, VA (just 6 miles from DC) but I don't even have a garage for my own bus. Sad Good luck on thew search!

So about a one hour drive

Cool
60vwnewengland
Twin #2

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 5:50 am    Post subject: Re: Bus storage needed in Baltimore or D.C. areas Reply with quote

aeromech wrote:
You need safe, secure parking. Please don’t leave it on the street. How about a tow company yard? I’d also suggest a locking wheel chock like I use.

Trimax TCL65 Wheel Chock Lock https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0031XULF2/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_.QMpDbJ0QYAD2

Don’t see what the problem is with street parking... nothings ever happened to my bus. If you’re super paranoid, You can always make it theft proof by taking the rotor out of the distributor and disconnect a few wires off the coil.

This ez-storage in DC has covered and secure parking. I’d call them to see what they can offer. You can walk to the metro also.

https://www.extraspace.com/Storage/Facilities/US/D...lity7.aspx
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
DougB
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:08 am    Post subject: Re: Bus storage needed in Baltimore or D.C. areas Reply with quote

Too true, Abscate! That's VA traffic for ya.

BTW, if the OP goes for alley or street parking a cover might give some level of protection. Bus Depot's JK covers are very nice, with zippered cutouts for front and sliding doors.
'41 Zundapp KS600
'55 Puch SGS250
A very, very understanding wife
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
60vwnewengland
Twin #2

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 3:28 am    Post subject: Re: Bus storage needed in Baltimore or D.C. areas Reply with quote

Did you figure this out and find a place to store your bus?
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: