Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

To buy an automatic or not
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jetfxr69
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 1:03 pm    Post subject: Re: To buy an automatic or not Reply with quote

skills@eurocarsplus wrote:
matt steedle in NJ would be my first choice. good guy, but can get backed up very easily. I can get you his contact number if you want. but I should check to see if he's taking more work at this time.

bottom line....if you use him, he will do you right, but he can be slow...he's a 1 man army and is a good guy...just not fast

ok, thanks. will get back to you with contact info later. the plan is to go through the motor over the winter and have everything ready for next spring reinstall, so no rush at this point. but I understand that could be the time he wants to turnaround, so will not delay to long on reaching out.

scott- will drop a line on Vacationland. thanks.
got word today that the 77 camper on rte 2 Randolph is not for sale. been sitting about 18 years, outside, over grass. the father of the guy that owns it says while it does start and run, the underside is VERY tender. as can be imagined if you let it sit outside, in grass for two decades. at least mine was in a garage. we were told we will be first contact when son comes to claim, and realizes what has happened. any 77 camper is valuable to me. with or without floors.

‘77 westy Seamus
‘76 tintop Crusher
‘77 westy The Judge
‘72 tintop bastard westy Hudson
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Gregg in the 603
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 7:25 am    Post subject: Re: To buy an automatic or not Reply with quote

Quote:

So maybe you east coasters can steer us towards a place you would be comfortable bringing your trans to for a rebuild.

These are very simple transmissions and any mechanic can rebuild them. Don't fall prey to the 'must be German' and cost twice as much. Tiger's Autowerks in Exeter did a full rebuild on my 010 three years ago. Did an awesome job and cost me $1084. Half the price of others or manual transmissions. AAMCO can do it too, very simple setup
ImAddicted
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:39 am    Post subject: Re: To buy an automatic or not Reply with quote

Tim might know, Ron Small used to be an instructor for him at the school. Ronnie passed this spring but at one time he had a shop behind Cottage St in Littleton specializing in European cars. Tim might know if anyone stepped up and took his place.
Original condition, which means something different on this forum than anywhere else!
Jetfxr69
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 2:57 am    Post subject: Re: To buy an automatic or not Reply with quote

ImAddicted wrote:
Tim might know, Ron Small used to be an instructor for him at the school. Ronnie passed this spring but at one time he had a shop behind Cottage St in Littleton specializing in European cars. Tim might know if anyone stepped up and took his place.

Funny, I see Tim around town regularly, and it never occurred to me to ask him. Great idea. Thanks

‘77 westy Seamus
‘76 tintop Crusher
‘77 westy The Judge
‘72 tintop bastard westy Hudson
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: