Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

tough to get it in reverse
Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
burn-z
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 11:29 am    Post subject: tough to get it in reverse Reply with quote

I am building a buggy that someone else shortened the frame. When trying to shift it into reverse I have to hit the shifter pretty hard towards me to get it over to reverse and do the same thing to get it back over to go through 1-4. I do not have the lockout plate in. I replaces the shifter and the shift rod but, it had no affect. Any ideas what could be? How easy should it move if I I remove the linkage?
thanks for the help.
DeathBySnuSnu
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:13 pm    Post subject: Re: tough to get it in reverse Reply with quote

Link

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Dale M.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:11 pm    Post subject: Re: tough to get it in reverse Reply with quote

Did you add a adjuster on end of shift rod or just duplicate the one that was in buggy....

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Dale

"Kellison Sand Piper Roadster" For Street & Show.
"Joe Pody Sandrover" Buggy with 2180 for Autocross (Sold)
============================================================
All suggestions and advice are purely my own opinion. You are free to ignore them if you wish ...
Dale M.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:12 pm    Post subject: Re: tough to get it in reverse Reply with quote

Did you add a adjuster on end of shift rod or just duplicate the one that was in buggy....

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Dale

"Kellison Sand Piper Roadster" For Street & Show.
"Joe Pody Sandrover" Buggy with 2180 for Autocross (Sold)
============================================================
All suggestions and advice are purely my own opinion. You are free to ignore them if you wish ...
burn-z
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:35 am    Post subject: Re: tough to get it in reverse Reply with quote

Yes I did use one of those adjusters to help with getting the exact length and angle. thanks for the video mine seems a lot harder to shift into reverse than that. When I purchased the tranny it was standing up and I don't know for how long. Could that cause an issue with going into and out of reverse?
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: