Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

help me ID this beam
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
sanhozeezee
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:51 pm    Post subject: help me ID this beam Reply with quote

i bought this beam from a fellow samba member. unfortunately he can't recall who made it. it's a 4" narrowed beam with thicker side plates.

i'm trying to punch out the center pin and it looks like the tube has a machined lip so the brass insert can only go one way and has to back out. notice the last pic, the bearing is thicker that the other bearing reveals in the tube. i tried the make-shift puller route and it won't budge.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

BarryL Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:41 am    Post subject: Re: help me ID this beam Reply with quote

Can't help ID.

Is the grease fitting below the thick bushing or does it go into it? If it goes into it it might be burred and jamming it. Either way you could run a rotary rasp down the brass bushing and carve a channel all the way to the steel. That would relieve the tension so your tool could pull on it. I don't think accidentally cutting into the steel would even hurt for the install. If the bushings are not stock then you will have to have those made.
sanhozeezee
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:54 pm    Post subject: Re: help me ID this beam Reply with quote

thanks barryL i did just that and relieved some of the tension. worked its way out but i had to tap from both ends. i was able to confirm the tube has a recess so the brass fittings can only go back so far. crap design IMO cause you'll have to drop the beam if you ever need to replace them.
johny__utah
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:20 am    Post subject: Re: help me ID this beam Reply with quote

Its a Puma (Brazilian) narrowed beam. The older version. CB Performance use to sell them.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: