Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Couple of Tin and Heating Questions
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Charlie57
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:50 am    Post subject: Couple of Tin and Heating Questions Reply with quote

I have been making some progress on my Bus engine. I am really getting closer to trying to get the engine and transmission back in. I have some questions I'll ask with the photos
First, it's a 1978 Bus. It appears the tin is from different years, I had a few issues ordering what I have so far but I think I.m in the home stretch. For any of the parts I need, if anyone knows a supplier please let me know.
Thanks for any help,
Charlie

What would I call the heat tube that comes off the exchanger? I need to buy one.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Otherside, same question. Also, what is the round hole for right beside the oval?

Long story, I bought the wrong tin, it was too short, finally got a piece that fit, however, the new piece on top does not have the cutout opening. The tin on the engine does have the opening and I have those pieces. What is the purpose and should I cut a hole in the new piece or plug the holel in the large piece?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Wildthings
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 10:20 am    Post subject: Re: Couple of Tin and Heating Questions Reply with quote

I would call the two missing pieces for the heat booster fan "risers", "ducts" or "pipes" don't know what VW may have called them. Do you have the fan? If you don't have the fan, then just closing off the holes in the heat exchangers and tin is the way to go.

The extra hole on the left side is for the '75 air preheat, it can be closed off permanently.

You last drawing shows the intake air preheat for a stock carbureted engine. You probably will not need this without the OEM air cleaner.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: