Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Electric Harley Davidson
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
bluebus86
Banned

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:14 am    Post subject: Re: Electric Harley Davidson Reply with quote

skills@eurocarsplus wrote:
56Cabrio wrote:
. That’s like me saying people who own vanagons that live in New Jersey are all c%#k suckers.

yea, but that is a true statement Laughing

like anything there is always a small group that ends up stereotyping a whole group. having ridden 'piped' bikes in high school the drone of the bike below was too much for long trips. a well tuned exhaust is more my style.

it reminds me of having a stinger on my squareback. after about 10 mins on the highway I wanted to rip my ears off.

I think Harley will continue to slide in to obscurity, like most of the stuff guys on this site love/remember. motorcycling is almost a heritage thing...like you did it when you were a kid on a 50cc dirt bike and graduated to a street bike at some point. not may folks wake up one day and say "boy, i'd like a motorcycle"

it seems that many motorcyclist I have spoken to started as a kid, had family or friends that biked.

Kind of like VWs, my first ride in a car was in a VW Bug, home from hospital after being born held in Moms lap, Dad behind the wheel. I still have that Bug, drove it yesterday. It is in the blood.

Stop introducing dirt into your oil when adjusting valves ... https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=683022
scottyrocks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:23 am    Post subject: Re: Electric Harley Davidson Reply with quote

[quote="bluebus86"]
anthracitedub wrote:

I know some that purposely put on the louder pipes for safety. I know I hear them in traffic, and it gives me time to make space for them, specially when they lane split. Driving a large van or truck I know it is hard for them to share a lane with me, see around me, When I hear them coming, I see them sooner and then move over within my lane to give them plenty of room to pass. More often than not when they see me move, they give me a wave or a thumbs up as they pass. Very civil kind bunch they are, unlike an Ahole.

This has been my experience, as well.

Many will argue that loud pipes are pointless if the bike is behind you in the car, but I can tell you that I can hear a loud piped bike behind me, which can be invaluable to all concerned, in traffic.
Splitdog
Samba Split Personality

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:35 am    Post subject: Re: Electric Harley Davidson Reply with quote

Except for the new thing (younger bikers?) are starting to do. Get right next to your window and rev the shit out of it scaring you and your wife. Doesn't want to make me help them in any way. Lane splitting is at your own peril. Don't make it mine.

Z = z² + C

Der Blitzkrieg Kafers

#notacallooker
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
djkeev
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:19 am    Post subject: Re: Electric Harley Davidson Reply with quote

Look, therebarebsafe and couteous Motorcycle riders.
But like bicycle riders theynare seemingly out numbered by the risk takers and show offs.

Impersonallynhave come upon three motorcycle accidents while driving. All three were single vehicle accidents from taking a curve too fast or simple carelessness.
One was obviously dead, his body wasn't still together as it should be.
One was on the shoulder, throttle still wide open, he may have been dead, I don't know.
The latest was this past Spring at a railroad crossing where he got his tire stuck in the rails which threw him off. No helmet, still alive when I found him, he was medivaced but I don't know his outcome.

If other vehicles were involved, they were long gone. All three were on lightly traveled back country roads. Two in Pennsylvania, one in NJ.

The riders around here are often terrors on two wheels.
Glad you guys ride safe but IMHO many biker accidents are caused by irresponsible bikers. I see bad behavior almost every day I drive. I back off, let them go ahead or give them lots of space so I don't run over them after they go down.

Dave

Ghia
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=392473

Vanagon
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6315537#6315537

Beetle
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=482968&highlight=74+super+vert
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
bluebus86
Banned

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:49 am    Post subject: Re: Electric Harley Davidson Reply with quote

djkeev wrote:
But like bicycle riders theynare seemingly out numbered by the risk takers and show offs.

Impersonallynhave come upon three motorcycle accidents while driving. All three were single vehicle accidents from taking a curve too fast or simple carelessness.
One was on the shoulder, throttle still wide open, he may have been dead, I don't know.
The latest was this past Spring at a railroad crossing where he got his tire stuck in the rails which threw him off. No helmet, still alive when I found him, he was medivaced but I don't know his outcome.

If other vehicles were involved, they were long gone. All three were on lightly traveled back country roads. Two in Pennsylvania, one in NJ.

Glad you guys ride safe but IMHO many biker accidents are caused by irresponsible bikers. I see bad behavior almost every day I drive. I back off, let them go ahead or give them lots of space so I don't run over them after they go down.

Dave

You are a real piece of work, so you run over motorcylces when they go down? You have the same disregard to bycyclists too. Seems to me you need to pay attention, and stop being the Ahole. Sounds like you are the terror. Condemning three riders that went down, without knowing if a Vanagon driver or anyone else was the cause of the wrecks.

Stop introducing dirt into your oil when adjusting valves ... https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=683022
tjet Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:54 am    Post subject: Re: Electric Harley Davidson Reply with quote

bluebus86 wrote:
djkeev wrote:

Dave

You are a real piece of work, so you run over motorcylces when they go down? You have the same disregard to bycyclists too. Seems to me you need to pay attention, and stop being the Ahole. Sounds like you are the terror. Condemning three riders that went down, without knowing if a Vanagon driver or anyone else was the cause of the wrecks.

Na, he's just stating the facts. It happens a lot here on the east coast (like every weekend). You are in California, and the riders there are much better / safer. Out here, the part-time summer only riders lay them down a lot - and no helmet law here in CT either. Cornering at high speeds, and the left-hand turns are killers. It's not just the MC riders either, car drivers here are not accustomed to them, and they tend to tailgate the motorcycles.

I give them all a wide berth as most riders here are unpredictable.
djkeev
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:19 am    Post subject: Re: Electric Harley Davidson Reply with quote

Relax, read what I've written
There are good riders
There are bad riders
I let them all go first if they feel they must, no road rage on my part.
I NEVER run over motorcycles!! I give them space if they are riding like idiots and zoom ahead.
The three downed cycles I found (and Helped if I could) were alone on curves and railroad crossings.
I no more condemn all bike riders than you condemn all car drivers for wanting to kill all motorcycle riders!!

Relax, ride your cycle, I'll go out of my way to keep you safe whether you are a safe courteous driver or an a-hole driver.

I am tired of the hype that cars are out to kill motorcycle riders. I've seen the opposite, many cycle riders seem to have a death wish.

Dave

Ghia

Vanagon

Beetle
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=482968&highlight=74+super+vert
bluebus86
Banned

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:36 am    Post subject: Re: Electric Harley Davidson Reply with quote

djkeev wrote:
Relax, read what I've written
There are good riders
There are bad riders
I let them all go first if they feel they must, no road rage on my part.
I NEVER run over motorcycles!! I give them space if they are riding like idiots and zoom ahead.
The three downed cycles I found (and Helped if I could) were alone on curves and railroad crossings.
I no more condemn all bike riders than you condemn all car drivers for wanting to kill all motorcycle riders!!

Relax, ride your cycle, I'll go out of my way to keep you safe whether you are a safe courteous driver or an a-hole driver.

I am tired of the hype that cars are out to kill motorcycle riders. I've seen the opposite, many cycle riders seem to have a death wish.

Dave

We read what you wrote direct quote below....

"Maybe so, but if bike riders weren't such A-holes when they ride, they wouldn't end up dead." Look I KNOW that you are the perfect rider...... sadly your buddies are not."

So they end up dead cause they are Aholes per your own words, and my bubbies that ride are Aholes, which would include my dead cousins.

I will also add I had my back broken in three places while riding a bike, had a car driver cross over the yellow line, plowed right into me. witnesses testified I was in my lane, riding properly, contradicting the car drivers lie that I was somehow to blame. Skid marks proved she was the sole cause of that wreck
Another time I was riding got my hand broke, and a concussion when a car driver ran a stop sign, and ran into me, I flew off the bike, he drove over it. He admitted fault.

Then I have have been rear ended three times while waiting for red lights, rear ended by car drivers, Still have a bum knee from one of those wrecks, four decades later.

But now you have changed your tune a bit, good for you.

Ride On!

skills@eurocarsplus
Samba Peckerhead

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 12:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Electric Harley Davidson Reply with quote

tjet wrote:
Out here, the part-time summer only riders lay them down a lot - and no helmet law here in CT either. Cornering at high speeds, and the left-hand turns are killers. It's not just the MC riders either, car drivers here are not accustomed to them, and they tend to tailgate the motorcycles.

I give them all a wide berth as most riders here are unpredictable.

fear not, malloy #2 is working on that:

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states/connecticu...helmet-law

helmets are only used if the rider wants an open casket at the funeral. much like a seat belt in a split window.

I have lost 2 friends on bikes. 1 was totally his fault. love the guy, but he did a dick move. it was dark out, he pulled the front wheel up at about 70 in a congested area. driver pulled out of a side street. never saw him coming...as his headlight was pointed toward the moon.

no helmet (although he was wearing one) would have saved him. he was pretty much snapped in 1/2

the other guy was getting on the highway trying to merge. the investigation later found he used cables that were too short for his bike. one flopped over the steering stop and he couldn't overcome the force to straighten out. he should have laid it down, but held on. by trying to force the bike straight, he locked the wheel.

they removed the rear wheels on a tractor trailer to get the rest of him out.

my reason for switching to subaru is my german car was turning chinese so i said fuck it and went japanese.......
[email protected] wrote:
most VW enthusiasts are stuck in 80's price land.

Jake Raby wrote:
Thanks for the correction. I used to be a nice guy, then I ruined it by exposing myself to the public.

Brian wrote:
Also the fact that people are agreeing with Skills, it's a turn of events for samba history
djkeev
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 12:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Electric Harley Davidson Reply with quote

Just confirms that if you want to grab someones attention, the use of Hyperbole will get the job done.

Dave

Ghia

Vanagon

Beetle
bluebus86
Banned

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 1:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Electric Harley Davidson Reply with quote

djkeev wrote:
Just confirms that if you want to grab someones attention, the use of Hyperbole will get the job done.

Dave

more like you got the attention you craved when you insulted many, and implied those loved ones killed died, cause they were A-holes. Not cool. But I am happy you recanted. But it was in extremely poor taste to state what you stated about those that have passed on. Youre forgiven.

Bug On, Ride On!

djkeev
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 1:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Electric Harley Davidson Reply with quote

You probably don't want to hear about the motorcyclist in front of me coming home fifteen minutes ago........ Rolling Eyes

Dave

Ghia

Vanagon

Beetle
bluebus86
Banned

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 1:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Electric Harley Davidson Reply with quote

djkeev wrote:
You probably don't want to hear about the motorcyclist in front of me coming home fifteen minutes ago........ Rolling Eyes

Dave

Keep it up. Your forgiven for calling the dead Aholes, but if you insist it is all on you. I can tell a story of bad fourwheeled drivers too, even vanagon drivers, so what is the point of it, is it worth it?

anthracitedub
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 2:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Electric Harley Davidson Reply with quote

Lets be cool to each other so this thread don’t get all messed up. Things get typed on here and it just doesn’t come out right... we’re all different and have our own opinions and experiences that have shaped who we are and how we feel... anyhow.... I’d ride the wheels off that E Harley if they’d give it to me, I’ll put a Bluetooth speaker on it with audio of a big, loud, choppin S&S engine and put my knees in the breeze😎
djkeev
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 2:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Electric Harley Davidson Reply with quote

Oh no worries, bluebus and I go way back sparring with each other..... it's all good.

Ghia

Vanagon

Beetle
bluebus86
Banned

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 3:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Electric Harley Davidson Reply with quote

djkeev wrote:
Oh no worries, bluebus and I go way back sparring with each other..... it's all good.

It be good, all good, I mean how can I not like a with a guy with a VW bobble head image for his signature logo? Djkeev is ok by me!

Bug On!

EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 4:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Electric Harley Davidson Reply with quote

Moderator note:
Let's get back to the actual topic, sick of the childish trolling.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
finster
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2019 2:08 am    Post subject: Re: Electric Harley Davidson Reply with quote

I think HD are making a smart move, if they stick to making big bikes then they will probably die out. but making balance bikes and cycles will bring in a new demographic who will (they hope) be brand loyal into the future.

nothing lasts, nothing is finished, and nothing is perfect...
56Cabrio
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:01 am    Post subject: Re: Electric Harley Davidson Reply with quote

finster wrote:
I think HD are making a smart move, if they stick to making big bikes then they will probably die out. but making balance bikes and cycles will bring in a new demographic who will (they hope) be brand loyal into the future.

I think Jay agrees

Link

1956 Rag Top owned since 1988
1956 Convertible owned since 2000
1963 Hard Top

RIP Dad 4/20/1951 - 2/4/2023
TDCTDI
Samba Advocatus Diaboli

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:19 am    Post subject: Re: Electric Harley Davidson Reply with quote

56Cabrio wrote:
finster wrote:

I think Jay agrees

Link

Anyone elth notith that Jay picks up a lithp jutht talking about electric motorthycleth in the voice-over in the beginning?

GOFUNDYOURSELF, quit asking everyone to do it for you!

An air cooled VW will make you a hoarder.

Do something, anything, to your project every day, and you will eventually complete it.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: