Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Seller's ad descriptions that drive you nuts . . .
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Erik G
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 4:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Seller's ad descriptions that drive you nuts . . . Reply with quote

heimlich wrote:
61 BUS wrote:
My pet peeve...…"Price: Make Offer"

Damn...tell me what you want for it!!

Those are the worst.

especially when it's 2 pics! Rolling Eyes
TDCTDI
Samba Advocatus Diaboli

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 7:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Seller's ad descriptions that drive you nuts . . . Reply with quote

“Won’t last long”

Well there’s truth in advertising, you know it’s a POS that’s about to break down. Laughing

GOFUNDYOURSELF, quit asking everyone to do it for you!

An air cooled VW will make you a hoarder.

Do something, anything, to your project every day, and you will eventually complete it.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Seller's ad descriptions that drive you nuts . . . Reply with quote

TDCTDI wrote:
“Won’t last long”

Well there’s truth in advertising, you know it’s a POS that’s about to break down. Laughing

10 feet or 10 seconds from my driveway, whichever comes first!
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Jacks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:20 am    Post subject: Re: Seller's ad descriptions that drive you nuts . . . Reply with quote

Jacks wrote:
I find it humorously refreshing when I read “Won’t last long!!!”. Probably telling the truth, lol.
tdctdi, you’re a bit late to the party here. This was posted last September Idea
CanStan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:24 am    Post subject: Re: Seller's ad descriptions that drive you nuts . . . Reply with quote

I like the descriptions that say, "Absolutely must sell this weekend because I'm moving / lost my storage space / lost my job / my wife left me, etc." and then the asking price is 3x market value. They obviously don't know a quick sale works.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
CanStan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:54 am    Post subject: Re: Seller's ad descriptions that drive you nuts . . . Reply with quote

Something I like to do is check out a poster's other ads. That can tell you a lot about a seller.

Right now on my local buy and sell, there's a 2002 Beetle for sale (not that I'm looking). There are a couple weird pictures from strange angles showing sections of the car, but nothing showing the entire car in one photo. The ad specifically mentions "good glass", but when I look at their other ads, they have a picture of the same car in a 'Wanted Ad' looking for the rear hatch glass for it. Seems a little sketchy to me.

Or you'll see a listing for their Grandma's car she drove to church on Sundays. But they also have 6 other cars for sale with the same description. I'm sure Grandma wasn't driving all of them.

I recently looked at an ad for a tool I wanted. Brand new in the box. The seller got it as a birthday gift and didn't need it. When I checked their other listings, there were about 50-75 more with brand new, high quality tools with the same mention about it being a birthday gift. Obviously stolen goods I didn't want to get involved with.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
TDCTDI
Samba Advocatus Diaboli

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 5:45 am    Post subject: Re: Seller's ad descriptions that drive you nuts . . . Reply with quote

Car posted with reasonable or below market value asking price, say $2,500.

Click on ad...

Asking $8,000 as it sits.

Or: I remove engine & transmission $6,000.

Without engine, transmission, & suspension $4,500.

Or I keep engine, transmission, doors, hood, trunk, suspension, all glass, & interior. $2,500.

Add another $500 for title.

GOFUNDYOURSELF, quit asking everyone to do it for you!

An air cooled VW will make you a hoarder.

Do something, anything, to your project every day, and you will eventually complete it.
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:46 am    Post subject: Re: Seller's ad descriptions that drive you nuts . . . Reply with quote

TDCTDI wrote:
Car posted with reasonable or below market value asking price, say $2,500.

Click on ad...

Asking $8,000 as it sits.

Or: I remove engine & transmission $6,000.

Without engine, transmission, & suspension $4,500.

Or I keep engine, transmission, doors, hood, trunk, suspension, all glass, & interior. $2,500.

Add another $500 for title.

Laughing

To be fair, when I see ads that say "no title, but they're easy to get" I have offered $500 more for the vehicle if they can get the title in their name in a timely manner.

It has never happened. Not once.
Evil Clown
Live

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2020 11:45 am    Post subject: Re: Seller's ad descriptions that drive you nuts . . . Reply with quote

Saw this today on a ad Smile

Needs points/condenser or elec. ignition, fuel pump, charged battery to run.
$5500

Quote:
I'll take a Happy Meal with Prozac please

Quote:
kiss my airy VW ass

Quote:
German word for constapation:
Farfrompoopin

Quote:
Chinese word for constipation:
Hung Chow Chow.. & it was GR8!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
kpf
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2020 1:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Seller's ad descriptions that drive you nuts . . . Reply with quote

"It's in pretty good condition... for a 50-year-old car." Rolling Eyes
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2020 4:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Seller's ad descriptions that drive you nuts . . . Reply with quote

Evil Clown wrote:
Saw this today on a ad Smile

Needs points/condenser or elec. ignition, fuel pump, charged battery to run.
$5500

Well that's just laziness... Order those parts charge the battery, and jack up the price to reflect a running/driving car

Unless of course it needs a whole lot more work...
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
AZ Landshaper
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2020 7:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Seller's ad descriptions that drive you nuts . . . Reply with quote

Not currently running. Easy fix.

Apparently not easy enough.

-------------------------------------------------------
85 Weekender w/ EJ22
Previously
64, 71, 72, 73, 76, 81, 84, 85 & 87 Campmobiles and Westfalias
and a 67 bug.
sixfootdan
Samba Smartass

Location: \Lo*ca"tion\, n. 1. The act or process of locating.

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2020 9:07 am    Post subject: Re: Seller's ad descriptions that drive you nuts . . . Reply with quote

Not annoying, Just funny. The seller says "Wife says it has to go." Then at the end of the ad it says "Willing to entertain trades for other vehicles."

GO SEAHAWKS!!!
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2020 6:15 am    Post subject: Re: Seller's ad descriptions that drive you nuts . . . Reply with quote

sixfootdan wrote:
Not annoying, Just funny. The seller says "Wife says it has to go." Then at the end of the ad it says "Willing to entertain trades for other vehicles."

The trade is for the wife,..... Shocked
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: