Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

gas gauge
Forum Index -> Accessories/Memorabilia/Toys Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
oldskool65
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 3:36 pm    Post subject: gas gauge Reply with quote

I just bought a gas gauge at a flea market, i have never seen one like it before ever. I am wondering if anyone knows what it is. I will have pics up soon but heres the description.

Round VDO gauge, black face, chrome bezel, white needle, face says TANK above the needle. The really cool reason why i bought it is that it has a date engraved on the back of 5/57 with 12/58 stamped over it. Its 6 volt and the grille it is sitting in looks factory because the cut out is round! any info appriciated thanks!
oldskool65
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just found a pic of the gauge in the gallery. here is the link:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=61816
anyone know anything about this?
Black58EuroBug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi!

I have the German language version of this gauge in my 1958 Beetle (or had, until I disassembled my Beetle last November Shocked) I saw this in an accessory brochure once and I guess there were about 4 different versions for Busses, Beetles and Ghias and probably different senders. I have seen Beetles with the same gauge using a completely different sender requiring a very large hole in the top of the tank. The sender that came with mine uses a small hole in the neck of the filler to bolt to and slips down th neck of the tank easily.

You can view the one and the sender location in my Beetle on my website, http://home.earthlink.net/~1958beetles/

Click on 1958 Euro Beetle Restoration and go to page 2 and you will find 2 pictures there of mine.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
oldskool65
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks a lot! I knew someone would know something about it. I think i would rather have the german version!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Accessories/Memorabilia/Toys All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: