Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

I forgot how much I hate sanding......
Forum Index -> Body/Paint Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
jspbtown
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:03 pm    Post subject: I forgot how much I hate sanding...... Reply with quote

After building 3 dune buggies and several vintage kit cars I took several years off from the hobby. However I did get the "itch" again and bought this little 1970s Alsport trike

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

It was rough but it seemed like something fun. Made some improvements on the frame to hide the cables, some reinforcing the seat support, and adding some steel to improve the braking design. All that was fun.

The darn seat however….. Evil or Very Mad

Laid down two solid layers of matt on the back to strengthen it. The gouged out all the cracks, filled some holes, repaired a crack or two and then smoothed with some filler.

I thought it looked good until I put the first coat of high build...damn all those pin holes. Sprayed it up nice and heavy and let it cure. Now the terrible task of sanding all that high build. Damn! 3 hours and I only have the first sanding done on 1/2 the seat. And I was freakin filthy.

I forgot how messy of work this is.

Well the silver metallic for the chassis and bright orange metallic for the seat should be here by the weekend so maybe I cn start re-assembling it next week?[/img]
Kiper
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:55 pm    Post subject: Re: I forgot how much I hate sanding...... Reply with quote

Sometimes projects can be long and tedious however, there is always light at the end of the tunnel in the form of a project you finished yourself.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Body/Paint All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: