Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Honda Odyssey folding tray - seat swivel still functional
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
a2wolfsburggli
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:05 am    Post subject: Honda Odyssey folding tray - seat swivel still functional Reply with quote

I know others have done this easy mod. Here is my simple solution to allow the swivel to still work without any major cutting or sawing or plate fabrication.

Thank you to who ever posted this little hack last week on the Vanagon Owners FB group. $15 for the Honda Odyssey center tray, $5 in hardware and 30min of time.

1 1/2 inches is perfect to still allow the swivel to work. I went with polished steel spacers. Anything 1 1/2 thick will work. I also put fender washers on each side of the wheel well as the metal isn't super thick.

The bolt pattern on the bracket isn't parallel to the tray, so I made a template out of cardboard and used the fold as my straight edge. Made sure the fold and the tray top were parallel so the tray is parallel to the floor when mounted to the wheel well.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Past: '09 CC 3.6L 4motion "R36 wannabe" | '02 Audi TT "ALMS Edition" | '84 Jetta GLI with Autotech Supercharger | '89 Helios Jetta GLI 16v's (x2) | '95.5 URS6 | and the list goes on.

Never underestimate the entertainment value of OCD overruling Common Sense
markswagen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:08 am    Post subject: Re: Honda Odyssey folding tray - seat swivel still functional Reply with quote

i have a tan version in lucy, i did not space it away, so to swivel the seat, i need to lower it to 45° to swivel the seat, not a big deal.

619 201 0310
9.5isCanadian
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Honda Odyssey folding tray - seat swivel still functional Reply with quote

I have theses in both my sunroof van and my hightop.
Work fantastic, cheap from any pic-a-part wrecker and allows for swiveling of the passenger seat (must fold it down first though).

High fives al around!

9 1/2

1987 Getaway Hightop
1980 Sunroof Vanagon
2018 BMW R Nine T
2012 Golf tdi
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: