Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

SO34 chandelier / pendant light socket wire routing?
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thompson2
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:53 pm    Post subject: Re: SO34 chandelier / pendant light socket wire routing? Reply with quote

srfndoc wrote:
B+ spade of VR (Same for SO42):

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Yup. That’s the terminal that’s tied to the starter.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
oakman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2019 5:12 pm    Post subject: Re: SO34 chandelier / pendant light socket wire routing? Reply with quote

If your bus is still 6 volt, to be totally correct it would have had this 50 amp generator with 211 part number and the matching 50 amp Bosch voltage regulator.

The 50 amp 6 volt regulator can be somewhat difficult to find. Mine works fine but I found an nos unit to have as a spare.

My bus also came with an 88 amp hour battery as I'm sure yours would have too. I think all the flipseats had this set up.
oakman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2019 6:15 pm    Post subject: Re: SO34 chandelier / pendant light socket wire routing? Reply with quote

Here's a couple more pictures of my voltage regulator and where everything goes:

This is the factory 50A regulator so I'm not sure if the terminals are different than yours? Yours has the mounting "feet" 90 degrees from where mine are.

I unscrewed the regulator and took these pics just for you Wink

Hope this helps!
Thompson2
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2019 8:25 pm    Post subject: Re: SO34 chandelier / pendant light socket wire routing? Reply with quote

oakman wrote:
Here's a couple more pictures of my voltage regulator and where everything goes:

This is the factory 50A regulator so I'm not sure if the terminals are different than yours? Yours has the mounting "feet" 90 degrees from where mine are.

Hope this helps!

I -think- I saw the 211 part number on the generator. And yes, it’s still 6v. No short term plans to go 12... maybe way down the road.

Looks like on the regulator, aside from the orientation, everything matches up. It seems like an older, correct replacement. I’m still not sure why there is a capacitor / thing-a-ma-jig in line with the socket on mine.

oakman wrote:
I unscrewed the regulator and took these pics just for you Wink

Awww! I feel so special! Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: