Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

What Kind Of Idiot ...
Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 1:22 pm    Post subject: Re: What Kind Of Idiot ... Reply with quote

And I think we've now come full circle.

We wish you well and don't be a stranger.

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Busstom
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 1:21 pm    Post subject: Re: What Kind Of Idiot ... Reply with quote

Glenn wrote:
PuddleRainbow wrote:
I hope bus shoppers find this thread so prices finally moderate.

In what way?

It's supply and demand, there's more demand than supply. It's call Capitalism.

Uhhhh, no, you got it backwards: supply is WAY bigger than demand, one look at the hundreds upon hundreds of Buses for sale right now support that fact. Dozens or hundreds have been sitting for hundreds of days, years even. And the most popular ad phrase these days is "REDUCED!" Check it.

Now you should lock it Smile
skills@eurocarsplus
Samba Peckerhead

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 1:20 pm    Post subject: Re: What Kind Of Idiot ... Reply with quote

although many may have butted heads with you online or in person the fact that you have some shred of humility is promising. I am glad you admit you have a problem and even though the masses think I hate your guts, I don't...and if there is anything I can do to help please ask.

I can tell you it's not easy. I've been in pretty dark places myself. move forward. the windshield is bigger than the rear view mirror for a reason

my reason for switching to subaru is my german car was turning chinese so i said fuck it and went japanese.......
[email protected] wrote:
most VW enthusiasts are stuck in 80's price land.

Jake Raby wrote:
Thanks for the correction. I used to be a nice guy, then I ruined it by exposing myself to the public.

Brian wrote:
Also the fact that people are agreeing with Skills, it's a turn of events for samba history
SGKent Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 1:19 pm    Post subject: Re: What Kind Of Idiot ... Reply with quote

well said Glenn. Lock it.
static
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:58 pm    Post subject: Re: What Kind Of Idiot ... Reply with quote

Please lock this thread. It is not doing anyone any good.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
tommu
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:23 pm    Post subject: Re: What Kind Of Idiot ... Reply with quote

Hobug wrote:
Glenn wrote:
Amskeptic wrote:
Will be stepping back ...

It's a smart move. Step back, go offline and spend time working on yourself. You'll know when its time to come back and you'll be a better person.

Getting caught has forced you to look inside and do a reset.

That light at the end of the tunnel is not a train.. it's sunlight.

Well said.

Very. Thread should be locked now.
Hobug Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:17 pm    Post subject: Re: What Kind Of Idiot ... Reply with quote

Glenn wrote:
Amskeptic wrote:

It's a smart move. Step back, go offline and spend time working on yourself. You'll know when its time to come back and you'll be a better person.

Well said.
72 Super
63 Bug
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:15 pm    Post subject: Re: What Kind Of Idiot ... Reply with quote

Amskeptic wrote:

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Amskeptic
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:08 pm    Post subject: Re: What Kind Of Idiot ... Reply with quote

I have read all of the threads here to this point.
Posted on the Itinerant Air-Cooled site this morning.

Quote:
A good friend has told me, "you will know who your friends are in this moment." It is an agonizing process. The good news is that I have friends in deeply appreciated and unexpected places.

The self-loathing tells me that I am no friend to myself right now. I have never hated casting an eye on myself with quite the revulsion that I have in this moment seeing that horrible video.

A real benefit to this sh*tshow on You-Tube and on the forums, is that it has blasted my ego to fricken bits. There's no ego left when you are so damn ashamed that waking up is the nightmare and you can't even eat an apple without choking up for the poor thing to be associated with you.

Shame is a beautiful thing. It is teaching me that I am human.

Wildthings
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:38 am    Post subject: Re: What Kind Of Idiot ... Reply with quote

Glenn wrote:
SamboSamba22 wrote:
Wildthings wrote:
In the early days of the west it was considered improper to ask where someone was from as they had very often had to skedaddle out of their home town for one reason or another.

I have also heard to never look up the criminal history of your friends and acquaintances as you will likely find out things you really don't want to know.

Just heard a credible story of a 95 year old woman who had a DNA test done who was quite upset when an all but forgotten biological son, given up for adoption 80 years earlier, showed up at her door wanting to meet her. Most of us have a few skeletons in our closets we would rather pretend were not there.

And I respect that. The key is to learn along our journeys.

There's a huge difference between something you did 80 years ago versus still doing it.

I'm not ashamed for stealing a stick of gum when I was 6.. I learned and moved on. Doing it at 66 is a different story.

Like is said, too old to be just a kid and too young to be senile.

Stop making excuses for the inexcusable. He's not.. and that's the first step to redemption.

We have been hanging out in Arizona for the winter for quite a few years these days. Amazing how many 70+ year olds are out there robbing banks and shooting people. Sad to say but the generations that came of age in the fifties, sixties and seventies committed a lot of crime back then and seem willing to keep it up today. Not condoning what Colin did, but have learned not to expect to find too many angels out there either.
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:27 am    Post subject: Re: What Kind Of Idiot ... Reply with quote

SamboSamba22 wrote:
Wildthings wrote:
In the early days of the west it was considered improper to ask where someone was from as they had very often had to skedaddle out of their home town for one reason or another.

I have also heard to never look up the criminal history of your friends and acquaintances as you will likely find out things you really don't want to know.

Just heard a credible story of a 95 year old woman who had a DNA test done who was quite upset when an all but forgotten biological son, given up for adoption 80 years earlier, showed up at her door wanting to meet her. Most of us have a few skeletons in our closets we would rather pretend were not there.

There's a huge difference between something you did 80 years ago versus still doing it.

I'm not ashamed for stealing a stick of gum when I was 6.. I learned and moved on. Doing it at 66 is a different story.

Like is said, too old to be just a kid and too young to be senile.

Stop making excuses for the inexcusable. He's not.. and that's the first step to redemption.

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
SamboSamba22
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:21 am    Post subject: Re: What Kind Of Idiot ... Reply with quote

Wildthings wrote:

Oct. ’67 Double Cab (’68 Crew Cab)
[url=http://www.vw-mplate.com/mplate-44412.png]Click to view image[/URL]
March '69 Delivery (Panel Bus)
[url=http://www.vw-mplate.com/mplate-44414.png]Click to view image[/URL]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:01 am    Post subject: Re: What Kind Of Idiot ... Reply with quote

KrisBalfe wrote:
This is still going on? Isn’t there someone out there that needs to know the biggest tire that’ll fit on their stock bus? Needs to know where to mount a radiator or is concerned about head temps?

This is only one of thousands of topics.

I suggest if you have a technical question, try searching first, then start a new topic if you don't find the answer.

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
KrisBalfe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:59 am    Post subject: Re: What Kind Of Idiot ... Reply with quote

This is still going on? Isn’t there someone out there that needs to know the biggest tire that’ll fit on their stock bus? Needs to know where to mount a radiator or is concerned about head temps?
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:56 am    Post subject: Re: What Kind Of Idiot ... Reply with quote

Abscate wrote:
appetite wrote:
I don't judge a person by their worst day.

Stealing is wrong, yet punishment has to be proportional to the crime. Public shaming is not the legal remedy for shoplifting.

Let's not defame a person who has contributed his time to many VW owners, myself clearly included, without compensation, simply because he is imperfect.

Please samba: mercy.

Every post I read like this cancels the ugly spots of glee that have come out.

thanks for posting, appetite.

To those who want to carry on the flogging, you suck.

Getting caught twice 500 days apart makes you think of all the time he wasn't caught.

And what other things besides shoplifting were done.

Not saying he did other things but you're a fool if you think this has not been going on for years.

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
Globespotter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:39 am    Post subject: Re: What Kind Of Idiot ... Reply with quote

Damn internet.
1971 Super Beetle - 1977-1980

1971 SB Survivor Story: https://globespotter.com/
Road Trip Thread: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=511800&highlight=
My 77 Westy Thread: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=647114&highlight=

http://vw-mplate.com/mcode.php?lang=EN&id=30990
https://vw-type2-id.xyz/mplate/72067382
Wildthings
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:38 am    Post subject: Re: What Kind Of Idiot ... Reply with quote

SamboSamba22
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:22 am    Post subject: Re: What Kind Of Idiot ... Reply with quote

Dogs shit in slippers, Don? Laughing

People are people. Most of us are hypocrites. To the severity depends on our personal pitfalls and issues internally.

My ass is being flagged terribly from the lady right now. Fortunately for me what I did and said was not captured on film. And it wasn't anything you'd see on some "hub", ya pervs.

Many here have had involvement and time within the community (yes it's a community, and yes, I do talk to real people out there in that wacky world) with Colin. I have not. I'm a newbie with my time card here, but I know we're guilty of the societal swing these days. The term "innocent until proven guilty" doesn't cut it with media anymore.
Yes this is different. We have video. We have admission from Colin. What we must realize is that he will receive a misdemeanor. Maybe two. Who doesn't have a misdemeanor? Shit, those are like tattoos.
The biggest pitfall for Colin is the fact that we all know now. Within our community, the hypocrisy and betrayal of honesty. Loyalty and honesty, that's the ticket. That's what we all want. And when people violate these honors, it takes time. The reflection of these, the manners in which one guilty party processes them, and finds new understandings is a battle internally of the individual.

To me, this is silly. Colin is a knowledgable VW guy. He's not a politician. He isn't the president or CEO to some financial institution. He's a freaking aging VW nut who has a quirky personality and apparently a little kleptomania issues. He's hurt himself already gents, we don't need to pile on the shit. It isn't fun to do so when you realize one has already crapped themselves. I'd rather see how we could enable one to turn a new leaf. Ridicule is old news. If I want to see that, I'll leave on Fox or CNN.

And I second the notion to spread rumors how broke we all are, I want more buses.

I love this community. A dude doesn't deserve to be hung out like this. No one's worth the flogging. Especially from the one thing they appreciate the most. He may have roughed some feathers, pissed people off. It doesn't mean one doesn't value that, it means they have struggles. We all do. And it never pays to be stupid.

Oct. ’67 Double Cab (’68 Crew Cab)
[url=http://www.vw-mplate.com/mplate-44412.png]Click to view image[/URL]
March '69 Delivery (Panel Bus)
[url=http://www.vw-mplate.com/mplate-44414.png]Click to view image[/URL]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
skills@eurocarsplus
Samba Peckerhead

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:02 am    Post subject: Re: What Kind Of Idiot ... Reply with quote

notchboy wrote:

As I hinted to above - my Grandpa was smacking me in the back of my head, from the grave. Why because the best cure for schadenfreude is to close ones mouth.......

says he that posts a Tillamook bus...

I thought we were having a conversation that realistically has been pretty civil. am I perfect? far from it...like most here. shit...I've spent more time in jail than most posters here.... and that's real. we all learn from our mistakes.

what I find truly amazing is people coming out of the woodwork that have never really posted here...posting here.

no one (well, not me anyway) wishes bad juju on colin. it's clear he has an issue...we all do. his got caught. whatever.

it's just funny...yes, comical that a guy like him that carries himself like he does on line or in person got nabbed. watch the video...he had disgust on his face...not remorse like that "fuck you got me" look....you know the look like when you catch your dog shitting on your slippers... that speaks more to his character than anything. there was zero sense of being ashamed.

however if he did indeed contact the gas station/police I applaud him. I don't expect anyone myself included to walk on water but when you paint the illusion you do...that's what makes this whole deal funny to the masses

Abscate wrote:

again...says he that's flogged. see...no one is perfect.

my reason for switching to subaru is my german car was turning chinese so i said fuck it and went japanese.......
[email protected] wrote:
most VW enthusiasts are stuck in 80's price land.

Jake Raby wrote:
Thanks for the correction. I used to be a nice guy, then I ruined it by exposing myself to the public.

Brian wrote:
Also the fact that people are agreeing with Skills, it's a turn of events for samba history
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:54 am    Post subject: Re: What Kind Of Idiot ... Reply with quote

appetite wrote:
I don't judge a person by their worst day.

Stealing is wrong, yet punishment has to be proportional to the crime. Public shaming is not the legal remedy for shoplifting.

Let's not defame a person who has contributed his time to many VW owners, myself clearly included, without compensation, simply because he is imperfect.

Please samba: mercy.

Every post I read like this cancels the ugly spots of glee that have come out.

thanks for posting, appetite.

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: