Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Need Help Identifying My MOFOCO Engine Case
Forum Index -> General/Chat Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Prowe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2019 5:04 pm    Post subject: Need Help Identifying My MOFOCO Engine Case Reply with quote

I Have a MOFOCO engine case with this stamped number B6285309. Can anyone identify this case for me, I can't find it on MOFOCO's site of any other VW site.

Thanks in advance for your assistance!!

Phil
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Philip Rowe
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
andk5591
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2019 6:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Need Help Identifying My MOFOCO Engine Case Reply with quote

Message Roy or call them Monday.
"John's car" 64 VW woodie - The first ever
Maxine 61 Cal-look bug - Cindy's daily driver.
Max - 73 standard Beetle hearse project - For sale
66 bug project - Real patina & Suby conversion
There's more, but not keeping them...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Prowe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2019 6:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Need Help Identifying My MOFOCO Engine Case Reply with quote

andk5591 wrote:

Thanks for the reply, Can you give me Roy's user name co I can message him.

Thank you.

Philip Rowe
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2019 7:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Need Help Identifying My MOFOCO Engine Case Reply with quote

Prowe wrote:
andk5591 wrote:

Thanks for the reply, Can you give me Roy's user name co I can message him.

Thank you.

[email protected]
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/privmsg.php?mode=post&u=1601

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vwinnovator
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 10:32 am    Post subject: Re: Need Help Identifying My MOFOCO Engine Case Reply with quote

that's just a "B"block made by vw

notice how the logo surface is machined....
Cusser
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 2:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Need Help Identifying My MOFOCO Engine Case Reply with quote

vwinnovator wrote:
that's just a "B"block made by vw

Dual relief case originally used as a 1600cc single port engine, for 1970 year.
1970 VW (owned since 1972) and 1971 VW Convertible (owned since 1976), second owner of each. The '71 now has the 1835 engine, swapped from the '70. Second owner of each. 1988 Mazda B2200 truck, 1998 Frontier, 2014 Yukon, 2004 Frontier King Cab. All manual transmission except for the Yukon. http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335294 http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335297
Rome
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:37 am    Post subject: Re: Need Help Identifying My MOFOCO Engine Case Reply with quote

I agree about contacting MoFoCo for the most reliable info about your case.

About 15 years ago a friend gave me a bare case with the same large MOFOCO logo on both sides of the engine sump. That engine # started with AH, making it a dual-port engine case. He bought the complete longblock from MoFoCo in the late 1990's which that company built as a 1776 cc (90.5 mm cylinders) and it was also painted the same gold as yours. That case needed a line-bore, so that he bought a new case as basis for a 2-liter engine build using nearly all-new parts. I ground off the sump logos, had the line bore done, cleaned the entire case throughly and painted the external surface semi-gloss black. I built it up as a mild 1776 with DP heads and dual carbs. Still have it.

Have you measured your cylinder spigot bores, in case the case's gold color was indicative of certain big bore sizes? Diameter would be 90 mm for a stock 1600's 85.5 cylinder, or 96 mm for the 90.5's.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> General/Chat All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: