Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

40 Ford hood - which one?
Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
andk5591
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 5:03 am    Post subject: Re: 40 Ford hood - which one? Reply with quote

What sucks is that I have never seen identification marks on these hoods. On my 40 Ford Vwoodie, it was based on a 69, so I uses a late apron, but since I used early fenders, I had to modify them to accept the late bumper mount locations. I have another car with a different 40 Ford hood and I think it had teh early apron and mounts. Not sure without looking. This is an area of concern for you depending on the hood you have....will it clear early apron if you go that route? I think that is all you need to worry about. One other thing - I ran across a hood that was simply mounted OVER the stock hood. Have one seen that once, but you also don't run across a lot of these to compare.
"John's car" 64 VW woodie - The first ever
Maxine 61 Cal-look bug - Cindy's daily driver.
Max - 73 standard Beetle hearse project - For sale
66 bug project - Real patina & Suby conversion
There's more, but not keeping them...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Rmvr53
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 5:31 pm    Post subject: Re: 40 Ford hood - which one? Reply with quote

I do know it wasn't for a Super, and it fits the cowl on my 70.
andk5591
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 4:34 pm    Post subject: Re: 40 Ford hood - which one? Reply with quote

The big thing is if its for a Super or not. Pretty sure it doesnt matter on an early or late since they usually hang pretty low over the apron. BUT there were several people that made them and its hard to tell. If it fits the car at the cowl, then you are probably OK with either front clip, but I can't say definitively.
"John's car" 64 VW woodie - The first ever
Maxine 61 Cal-look bug - Cindy's daily driver.
Max - 73 standard Beetle hearse project - For sale
66 bug project - Real patina & Suby conversion
There's more, but not keeping them...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Rmvr53
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2019 10:16 pm    Post subject: 40 Ford hood - which one? Reply with quote

I picked up a 40 Ford hood a while back and finally have a project to use it on. My question is this - how do I tell if its a hood for an early or late body? Or is there a difference? (meaning the hood is adaptable to either striker). Since the car is a Baja I'm converting back to full body, I can put on which ever front clip I need, Just need to know which to get if it matters

thanks

Bill
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: