Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

A Life Taken Too Soon
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
beetlecrx
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:34 pm    Post subject: A Life Taken Too Soon Reply with quote

I was debating posting this but i thought if something positive even if slightly could come from this, My Sisters Daughters son was diagonsised with Diffuse Intrinsic Pontine Glioma ( DIPG), It is a cancer the effects the brain stem in children, A child diagnosed with DIPG today faces the same prognosis as a child diagnosed 40 years ago. There is still no effective treatment and no chance of survival. Only 10% of children with DIPG survive for 2 years following their diagnosis, and less than 1% survive for 5 years. The median survival time is 9 months from diagnosis.

His Name Was Logan Foisy who,s journey ended Thursday oct 3, He was 4 years old .He loved his family, pets and favorite thing in this world was the incredible hulk and his collection of hulk toys,

https://www.facebook.com/meagan.rowe.5

Maybe someday there will be a cure for DIPG.

Im hoping in posting this those who can would consider donating to a Children,s Cancer Hospital or Children,s cancer support .

Here is a link to the childrens hospital that logan was treated at in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada, You can Donate here or any other Cancer Hospital, Any money not only goes to someday find a cure but also helps with treatment And recovery

https://hamiltonhealth.ca/mchf-main/
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:39 pm    Post subject: Re: A Life Taken Too Soon Reply with quote

You have my deepest sympathy.

FYI, I fund raise for Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center. The donations fund "rare" cancers. The definition of "rare" is less than 200,000 new cases a year.

Doesn't sound that rare to me.

My his memory be for a blessing.

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
67_13Deluxe
Samba Resident Alien

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:14 am    Post subject: Re: A Life Taken Too Soon Reply with quote

I am sorry to hear this. Gone way too soon for sure!

56 Beetle - Wilbur. I found a lot of lipstick on this pig so far.
63 Beetle - Luna
66 13 window Bus - Tetanus
71 Bay Window - Lola. Totaled.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
djkeev
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:37 pm    Post subject: Re: A Life Taken Too Soon Reply with quote

Often "we" fall into a trap of complaining.
Complaining about a lack of money, missed opportunities, illness or social standing.
None of these are real problems nor worthy of complaint when you stop and look at others who have very real and very serious problems that haven't any solution such as this.

"But for the grace of God go I ........"

Dave

Ghia
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=392473

Vanagon
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6315537#6315537

Beetle
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=482968&highlight=74+super+vert
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
67 Florida Deluxe
Samba Purist

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:40 pm    Post subject: Re: A Life Taken Too Soon Reply with quote

Thank you for your post and raising awareness. Raising awareness is SO important to motivating action. My deepest condolences; I just can't imagine that kind of loss Crying or Very sad

-Kent

OG member of the '67 Posse

A few of my toys, past and present
'56 Oval, '66 KG Conv't, '67 21-Window, '67 Bug, '79 SuperVert, '55 Pre-A Continental
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ALLWAGONS
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:55 pm    Post subject: Re: A Life Taken Too Soon Reply with quote

Sorry for your loss. I know someone who also has a disease that apparently has no cure. I feel what you are going through. Sometimes these little people show more courage than some of us.

I recycle old cars and parts, other than when I rot, that's as Green as I am going to get.

Thanks to my Tesla driving neighbors, I feel more relaxed driving my SUBURBAN and old VW's.

NON INFLUENCER APPROVED
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: