Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Request feedback regarding mexi-beetle for sale
Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
flat12
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:32 pm    Post subject: Request feedback regarding mexi-beetle for sale Reply with quote

Hello Samba gang! I've owned a few classic Beetles from the 60s and 70s, and also had a 2001 Mexi-Beetle that had AC and was a great driving car. Sadly I'm currently Beetle-less, but always looking...

I found a 2004 Edicion Especial in Silver with just under 1,400 kilometers on it for sale. Antonio Trejo (vendor on this website) informed me that these cars were built by Autofin after the 2003 Ultima Edition cars were made by VW. This Edicion Especial has leather seats, a cool cargo area tray, special alloy wheels, and all the other goodies.

Do you think this car has any special value above and beyond a regular Mexi-Bug?
vwoldbug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Request feedback regarding mexi-beetle for sale Reply with quote

No
flat12
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:11 am    Post subject: Re: Request feedback regarding mexi-beetle for sale Reply with quote

Thanks VWOLDBUG for your feedback. This mexibug is an interesting car. In 2004 Autofin made 232 silver Special Edition bugs, and this is number 231. So it's quite possibly the second to the last beetle ever produced. Condition is "like new" and I have to say it's tempting. The only think lacking in a mexibug is that they are geared for city driving and not the highway.
bnam
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:42 am    Post subject: Re: Request feedback regarding mexi-beetle for sale Reply with quote

flat12 wrote:
Thanks VWOLDBUG for your feedback. This mexibug is an interesting car. In 2004 Autofin made 232 silver Special Edition bugs, and this is number 231. So it's quite possibly the second to the last beetle ever produced. Condition is "like new" and I have to say it's tempting. The only think lacking in a mexibug is that they are geared for city driving and not the highway.

If it really is the second to last bug in the world, I think that makes it more special than the average bug or mexibug.
1966 Fiat 1500 Cabrio (with 1600 Twin cam)
1952 Citroen TA 11BL
Antonio Trejo
VW Parts Dealer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Request feedback regarding mexi-beetle for sale Reply with quote

Yes.

Besides guys who drive special edition Beetles have prettier woman, smarter children and their beer is colder and tastes better.
Genuine VW Ultima Edition parts
Genuine VW Type 2 watercooled parts
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
flat12
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:40 am    Post subject: Re: Request feedback regarding mexi-beetle for sale Reply with quote

Ha Ha Ha...thanks Antonio for stating the facts!

I'm still on the fence regarding this Special Edition bug, as it would be my daily driver. I currently drive a 2013 Maserati Quattroporte which is fun and has been surprisingly reliable, considering it's Italian.

I used to have a 65 Beetle that I drove almost daily and it was a very good car, you just can't be in a bad mood when your driving a Beetle. Of all the high end and exotic cars I've had in my life, when it came time to sell them, the only cars that brought a tear to my eye when I watched it go were my air-cooled Beetles.
BenJAMin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:25 am    Post subject: Re: Request feedback regarding mexi-beetle for sale Reply with quote

The biggest caveat is being satisfied with whatever method is being used to register it here.
Tom K.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:35 am    Post subject: Re: Request feedback regarding mexi-beetle for sale Reply with quote

Not sure if changing from a Maserati to a Beetle will help in the prettier women department.
'65 Ghia: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=762478&highlight=
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
kangaboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Request feedback regarding mexi-beetle for sale Reply with quote

flat12 wrote:
... you just can't be in a bad mood when your driving a Beetle...

After driving them for 20 years and having daily-ed a couple of them for several years...I couldn't disagree more.
It's a love hate relationship Laughing Laughing Laughing

skills@eurocarsplus wrote:
Shocked

that fucking thing looks like it drove through a J.C. Whitney catalogue and hit everything on the way out Laughing
flat12
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Request feedback regarding mexi-beetle for sale Reply with quote

benJAMin....this Beetle actually has a Minnasota title currently. When I bought my 2001 Mexibug it had an Indiana title, so I had no issues getting it re-titled my state. The bigger hassle with with the insurance company, they had to manually enter it into their system.

Gosh how I miss that Bug, it had AC, disc brakes, alarm system, it was just a wonderful car to drive. Very tight with no squeaks or rattles. Great Car.
KTPhil Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Request feedback regarding mexi-beetle for sale Reply with quote

Tom K. wrote:
Not sure if changing from a Maserati to a Beetle will help in the prettier women department.

Actually, it may work wonders. No "he must be compensating" reactions from the ladies.

I saw a bumper sticker on the back of a crappy daily driver: "I drive this car to compensate for my HUGE dick."
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: