Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Torsion arm angle
Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
sidehill
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:56 am    Post subject: Torsion arm angle Reply with quote

For the best, or the stock, up and down travel, should the torsion arms on a ball joint front suspension be level, or slightly up or slightly down?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ekacpuc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Torsion arm angle Reply with quote

Mine is slightly down from level BUT it would depend on if the leaves are wore/broken. I replaced the bottom pack recently. I had 2 broken leaves.
FreeBug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:29 am    Post subject: Re: Torsion arm angle Reply with quote

Both arms point down, but not quite at the same angle. To properly set the front suspension, you need to have the spindles separated.
sidehill
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:36 am    Post subject: Re: Torsion arm angle Reply with quote

OP here. I guess I should have provided more detail.
I have an adjustable beam. All of the leaves in my torsion tubes have been replaced, I think with heavier leaves.

I will have the spindles off as ekacpuc suggested because I am putting on 3.5 inch lift spindles. Can someone point me to a link describing how to properly set the front torsion bar angles?

Thanks again
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: