Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

2.1: Which hose is which on the radiator?
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
fortheloveofvdub
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:44 am    Post subject: 2.1: Which hose is which on the radiator? Reply with quote

‘86 2.1 Which hose is which for the radiator? I neglected to mark it upon removal. One on top and one on bottom and I’m not sure which is which.
My Bentley is missing that section, can’t locate it on a search. For all the complex stuff I’ve done on this vehicle I hang my head in questioning this. Drivers side and passenger side from #1 cylinder are my options of course. Thanks volks...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
kamzcab86
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 10:02 am    Post subject: Re: 2.1 which hose goes to top and which’ the bottom of radiator pls Reply with quote

Since I've been working on coolant pipe replacement this week, and just connected new hoses to new pipes:

Bottom hose goes to the inner (left) pipe -- from radiator to t-stat housing
Upper hose goes to the outer (right) pipe -- from tower to radiator

🍺

Edit: Clarification of coolant flow direction for future reference.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

2016 Golf GTI S
"Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance." - 孔子

Last edited by kamzcab86 on Mon May 25, 2020 9:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
fortheloveofvdub
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 10:24 am    Post subject: Re: 2.1 which hose goes to top and which’ the bottom of radiator pls Reply with quote

Thank you.
So #1 cylinder (right/outer) goes to upper and other side (inner/ left) goes to bottom.
Got it, and now it’s out there for some other ding dong who can’t find it!
Thanks again.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
dabaron
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:17 pm    Post subject: Re: 2.1 which hose goes to top and which’ the bottom of radiator pls Reply with quote

section 19.12 in the Bentley. what happened to your Bentley?

BiWerks Design, LLC
fortheloveofvdub
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:07 pm    Post subject: Re: 2.1 which hose goes to top and which’ the bottom of radiator pls Reply with quote

The binding broke about 8 years ago in this very section and somehow a few telling pages have abraided off into obscurity.
4Gears4Tires
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:11 am    Post subject: Re: 2.1 which hose goes to top and which the bottom of radiator pls Reply with quote

http://gmac999.com/Downloads/Bently_Manual_VW_Vanagon_1980-1991.pdf
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: