Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

GoWesty Shipping 3 to 5 Biz Days
Page: 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
boulderdrop
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:26 pm    Post subject: GoWesty Shipping 3 to 5 Biz Days Reply with quote

It's been a while since I worked on my van, but it got hit, when parked on the road and I'm working on getting it street legal to take it to a shop.. (btw, good luck finding autobody shop that works with insurance).

In any case, I ordered a rear-tailght on Sep 12, but it's Sep 17th and it stil hasn't shipped. I know it says "PLEASE NOTE THAT, DUE TO HIGH ORDER VOLUME, YOUR ORDER MIGHT NOT SHIP FOR 3-5 BUSINESS DAYS. THANK YOU FOR YOUR PATIENCE!".. but I think that message has been there for quit a while.

VanCafe, my old favorite, but it's been absorbed by Rocky Mtn Westy, which is cool.. but not that quick same West-coast shipping as I have grown to expect.

Curious if anyone else has had low shipping times from GoWesty.. and how's Van Cafe now a days?
1979 Sears Freespirit Moped
1996 Chev S10 4x4 ZR2
2012 Toyota Camry Hybrid (Wife's)

== How I Pay the Bills ==
Windows FTP Server at http://www.bpftpserver.com (PM for a FREE one)
kamzcab86
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:41 pm    Post subject: Re: GoWesty Shipping 3 to 5 Biz Days Reply with quote

boulderdrop wrote:
how's Van Cafe now a days?

Like it always was. In-stock stuff ships out the same or next day and arrives within a day or three, depending on your distance from CO. Cool
2016 Golf GTI S
"Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance." - 孔子
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
dobryan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:56 pm    Post subject: Re: GoWesty Shipping 3 to 5 Biz Days Reply with quote

You would have received it 3 days ago and have eaten a cookie too.

"To travel hopefully is a better thing than to arrive." Robert Louis Stevenson

MD>Canada>AK>WA>OR>CA>AZ>UT>WY>SD
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=620646

Building a bus for travel in Europe (euroBus)
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=695371

The Western Syncro build
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=746794
agon.parts
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:06 pm    Post subject: Re: GoWesty Shipping 3 to 5 Biz Days Reply with quote

dobryan wrote:
You would have received it 3 days ago and have eaten a cookie too.

Agreed - quick turnaround on shipping, plus a cookie. I haven't had the best of luck from GoWesty in the past. Van-Cafe has been my go-to for years now.

FREEBIES: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AkqzgREEtE9Aj7poRLxLuW-oGORuiQ?e=eSKThT
dhaavers
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:12 pm    Post subject: Re: GoWesty Shipping 3 to 5 Biz Days Reply with quote

Typical...for both.

"SLOW-Westy"...vs... "Van COOKIE"...

I know which one I prefer... Wink Evil or Very Mad Rolling Eyes Cool

- Dave

PS: At this point you could cancel your GW order, place a new one with VC
& get it in the same amount of time (or faster) PLUS a cookie... Wink

<EDITED TO PROTECT INNOCENT PIXELS>
visibleink
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:22 pm    Post subject: Re: GoWesty Shipping 3 to 5 Biz Days Reply with quote

I just placed my first order with Van Cafe and they shipped the next business day which was awesome.

I appreciate Go Westy, but getting parts 10 days from ordering hurts.

<-- Helga, she slammed her dub in '53 and adjusted valves with her teeth
drj434343
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:57 pm    Post subject: Re: GoWesty Shipping 3 to 5 Biz Days Reply with quote

Same experience as others. I'm getting same day shipping from Van Cafe even under new RMW ownership. That means I get parts in 3 days total in Oregon.
Silverghost500
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:05 pm    Post subject: Re: GoWesty Shipping 3 to 5 Biz Days Reply with quote

My first parts order was through GoWesty. Unfortunately Labor Day weekend was in there, so on top of their 3-5 days disclaimer I had to deal with holiday delay. When I called Tuesday after Labor Day to check on the status they had only printed my order on Friday, let alone started picking parts for shipping. I know they've got a lot of cool, innovative items, but when it comes to need asap kinda parts orders I think I'd look to the other vendors.

BusDepot delivered on time, and Vanagain has delivered on schedule consistently with every parts order I've submitted so far.

Von Westy YouTube Channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbhyZYxJEQrUuLnMbLleeIA
E1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:17 pm    Post subject: Re: GoWesty Shipping 3 to 5 Biz Days Reply with quote

Van Cafe's gotten most of our business for over five years, for a ton of reasons beyond having a great attitude, and a genuine appreciation for our support.

Van-Again is great also, Ken's a wonderful guy deserving a chance to be a bigger player.

(Deleted last sentence here for being too true)

— Colin Chapman

Last edited by E1 on Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:35 pm; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
dobryan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:20 pm    Post subject: Re: GoWesty Shipping 3 to 5 Biz Days Reply with quote

Both Vanagain and Van Cafe rock.

The Western Syncro build
Muftobration
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:20 pm    Post subject: Re: GoWesty Shipping 3 to 5 Biz Days Reply with quote

I placed my first Vanagon parts order ever recently with VanCafe (fuel line kit). I ordered on the 5th and it arrived on the 8th in Massachusetts.

I put the cookie in my kitchen and forgot about it until now. Thanks for the reminder! 'twas a pleasant, delicious surprise.
Scubavw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:51 pm    Post subject: Re: GoWesty Shipping 3 to 5 Biz Days Reply with quote

It a joke! They need to fix the problem
Marshj
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:01 pm    Post subject: Re: GoWesty Shipping 3 to 5 Biz Days Reply with quote

VanCafe is fast and helpful. Have done a few moderate sized orders with them this year, and they worked hard to try and help me find some odd, hard to source parts. 2-3 days tops. Ship that same day almost every time, as if it’s in the mail within an hour or two...

I just got a GoWesty order I placed last week. 7 days order to delivery, maybe less to NJ. I do appreciate their innovative things and keep going back for that.

Bud depot is 2-3 days, they’re 2 hours drive from here. They usually get it in the mail the next day.

VanCafe / RMW has a fantastic attitude and cool guys. Three guys who were friends and wanted to work on something cool together.
Bicycle019
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:01 pm    Post subject: Re: GoWesty Shipping 3 to 5 Biz Days Reply with quote

Van Cafe was my go-to before the move, probably 15+ orders totaling a couple of thousand bucks over the past five years. I've had three orders since the move to Fort Collins including a will-call pickup and all have been to my door the following day since I'm in Denver. The will-call was placed at 1pm and I grabbed it at 5:30pm and had the new radiator installed that night, and they even made sure I got my cookie when I picked up the order. Very Happy

Do note if you do a will-call that the warehouse is not the same location as the service shop. It's about five minutes away.
'17 Golf AllTrack (wife)
dobryan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:17 pm    Post subject: Re: GoWesty Shipping 3 to 5 Biz Days Reply with quote

I get parts from Vanagain in NJ to my house in MD next day or in two days. Regular shipping too. Van Cafe is in 2-3 days. Bus Depot not quite so good.

The Western Syncro build
jimf909 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:37 pm    Post subject: Re: GoWesty Shipping 3 to 5 Biz Days Reply with quote

boulderdrop wrote:
"PLEASE NOTE THAT, DUE TO HIGH ORDER VOLUME, YOUR ORDER MIGHT NOT SHIP FOR 3-5 BUSINESS DAYS. THANK YOU FOR YOUR PATIENCE!"

It sounds like GW is asking folks to reduce order volume to help them improve service. Check and done.

Hello, Stone-age.

Abscate wrote:
Do not get killed, do not kill others.

Current: 1990 Westy Camper - Bostig RG4, 2wd, manual trans w/Peloquin, NAHT high-top, 280 ah LFP battery, 160 watts solar, Flash Silver, seam rust, bondo, etc., etc.

Past: 1985 Westy Camper - 1.9 wbx, 2wd, manual trans, Merian Brown, (sold after 17 years to Northwesty who converted it to a Syncro).
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:01 am    Post subject: Re: GoWesty Shipping 3 to 5 Biz Days Reply with quote

If you can't stock an online business model, get out of business

When a local place has the part on the shelf, I don't mind paying a premium for that, especially since I only drive in a low traffic area where everything is within 15 minutes anyhow
mikemtnbike
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:31 am    Post subject: Re: GoWesty Shipping 3 to 5 Biz Days Reply with quote

My theory is that they're ordering inventory from van-café and repackaging to customers. Timewise, it lines up.
Jake de Villiers
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:46 am    Post subject: Re: GoWesty Shipping 3 to 5 Biz Days Reply with quote

jimf909 wrote:
boulderdrop wrote:
"PLEASE NOTE THAT, DUE TO HIGH ORDER VOLUME, YOUR ORDER MIGHT NOT SHIP FOR 3-5 BUSINESS DAYS. THANK YOU FOR YOUR PATIENCE!"

It sounds like GW is asking folks to reduce order volume to help them improve service. Check and done.

Hello, Stone-age.

I reduced my orders to GoWesty to zero many years ago - I really don't care for their attitude.
http://sites.google.com/site/subyjake/mydixiedarlin%27
www.crescentbeachguitar.com
www.thebassspa.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
IdahoDoug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:51 am    Post subject: Re: GoWesty Shipping 3 to 5 Biz Days Reply with quote

Ha! Good one.

I restored two Vanagons using Van Cafe. Great service and several instances where the onilne order's shipping fee was lower when the actual bill came in. Frequently I'd be sitting at my desk and hear footsteps on the porch and think "early again?" and there would be a VC box with various bits. Amazing service. Since RMW's acquisition, the top notch service has been unabated.

Doug
1987 2WD Wolfsburg Vanagon Weekender "Mango", two fully locked 80 Series LandCruisers. 2017 Subaru Outback boxer. 1990 Audi 90 Quattro 20V with rear locking differential, 1990 burgundy parts Vanagon. 1984 Porsche 944, 1988 Toyota Supra 5 speed targa, 2002 BMW 325iX, 1982 Toyota Sunrader
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: