Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Eurovan Dometic RC 1140 replacement?
Forum Index -> Eurovan Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
prairieox
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:45 am    Post subject: Eurovan Dometic RC 1140 replacement? Reply with quote

hi there, my 1995 Eurovan, the Westfalia one with the top load Dometic RC 1140 fridge, has stopped working. The controller seems fine, no flashing or anything, and the fuses check out.

It seems to just not be running. The repair shop says they need to take it out but it might cost me as much as $400 to fix.

Any experience with this? Other option is to look at replacement but is there a fridge that will fit in the same spot?

My concern is paying quite a bit and then it fails again and I wonder if replacement is the better route to go?

Thanks!
prairieox
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Eurovan Dometic RC 1140 replacement? Reply with quote

Or should I leave it as-is and just buy a portable 12V fridge like a Dometic CFX?
1961tbird
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 6:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Eurovan Dometic RC 1140 replacement? Reply with quote

I believe I saw a direct factory replacement in Germany. Wasn't cheap though. Unfortunately, I misplaced the link.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
volkybus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 6:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Eurovan Dometic RC 1140 replacement? Reply with quote

i have a used one 4a 93 4 $500..I have a 5 speed in mine so no need for it. the van has 143k miles good luck...
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Eurovan All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: