Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Question on body pans -1971 Super
Forum Index -> Body/Paint Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chinaclipper
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:56 pm    Post subject: Question on body pans -1971 Super Reply with quote

I found this little helper for pan replacement heater channels in an online search:
Does it also pertain to the 1971 super beetle pans, or is there one like this for that year of the supers?
What else can I do to make sure my pans are as close as possible before putting on my heater channels? I am getting what I think are pretty decent pans and heater channels (Dansk)

I am already planning on
1) Measuring door frame and brace appropriately
2) removing body, measure pans
3) cut, remove, replace pans temp (?)
4) temp put in heater channels (HC),
5) body back on to finalize placement of pans and HC
6) body off; weld in permanently HC, repair other fender rust body rust as needed
7) body back on with gasket, bob's yer uncle..

Sound good?

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
VW_Jimbo Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:34 am    Post subject: Re: Question on body pans -1971 Super Reply with quote

The title on that diagram says “1949 - 1969”.

71 Supers had a different set up.

When replacing pans, you need to measure everything from a stable, fixed point. You need to measure and be able to remeasure AND get the same number, EACH TIME. If you can do that, you can change out the pans. Well, you also need to be able to weld.

There is never enough time to do it right the first time, but all the time necessary the second time!

TDCTDI wrote:
Basically, a whole bunch of fuckery to achieve a look.

67rustavenger wrote:
GFY's Xevin and VW_Jimbo! Smile
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Body/Paint All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: