Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

oh no not a other 1600 mpg rally drag street motor
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
FreeBug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:37 pm    Post subject: Re: oh no not a other 1600 mpg rally drag street motor Reply with quote

"I love it when a plan comes together"
Said a man to mister T...
Your plan looked like it would take forever,
but you did it 1-2-3!

When all the collected parts come together,
finally finding their long-intended home.
Measuring the project in hearts won, however,
and you could maybe find yourself alone.
But you proudly know that the work was done far better
than in a factory, by some kind of drone.
You're no drone, because you'are much too clever
And you've paid in flesh and in blood and in bone
not stopping for climate, nor for weather,
not much minding just how long things get postponed,

Persevere, keep going, and never say die!
Our tastes diverge, you see, that's not how I would rig it.
But I'm not here to hate, and I can't tell a lie...

what you've done, spencervee, I just think it's really good and dig it!

Careful, it's a sickness, a terrible drug,
to want to better what was already good...
and time flies with more quickness than a turbocharged bug.
But if you want to, then, you probably should!

Keep up the good work!
(I'll check in and lurk)
I'm kind of a jerk, but it has it's perks.
spencerfvee
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2020 6:15 pm    Post subject: Re: oh no not a other 1600 mpg rally drag street motor Reply with quote

FreeBug wrote:
"I love it when a plan comes together"
Said a man to mister T...
Your plan looked like it would take forever,
but you did it 1-2-3!

When all the collected parts come together,
finally finding their long-intended home.
Measuring the project in hearts won, however,
and you could maybe find yourself alone.
But you proudly know that the work was done far better
than in a factory, by some kind of drone.
You're no drone, because you'are much too clever
And you've paid in flesh and in blood and in bone
not stopping for climate, nor for weather,
not much minding just how long things get postponed,

Persevere, keep going, and never say die!
Our tastes diverge, you see, that's not how I would rig it.
But I'm not here to hate, and I can't tell a lie...

what you've done, spencervee, I just think it's really good and dig it!

Careful, it's a sickness, a terrible drug,
to want to better what was already good...
and time flies with more quickness than a turbocharged bug.
But if you want to, then, you probably should!

Keep up the good work!
(I'll check in and lurk)
I'm kind of a jerk, but it has it's perks.
...............................................................................................................................................................................................you made my day .you have a way with words .thank you. oh my god mister T a team loved that show . i think every vw person that builds there own vws . knows the danger of buying china parts and most deal with it in there own way .i think every vw person has there own stories about there vw builds that went wrong lol nothing goes to geather easy . . some times you have to walk away then go back and fix it lol .i have done this for many years and when i think you know every thing about building a vw . i find out i dont lol again thanks for the post i am ready to go at it and when its running i will soon for get the hard times this vw bug gave me .when i built it lol lol i wish i had the money like these guys have on tv car shows where they say build my dream car i dont care what it cost. $100 ,000.00 go for it thats cheap lol lol i can say that i built every thing on my bug .how many guys can say that lol take care be safe keep on bugging yes vws are a drug you cant get enought of them spencerfvee
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
slalombuggy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:58 pm    Post subject: Re: oh no not a other 1600 mpg rally drag street motor Reply with quote

absolutely love the car, totally dig the old school cool. you need to build a little trailer for your vee to tow around behind the bug.

Hope you build that 1600 some day. I was looking forward to watching the build

brad
spencerfvee
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2020 5:13 am    Post subject: Re: oh no not a other 1600 mpg rally drag street motor Reply with quote

slalombuggy wrote:
absolutely love the car, totally dig the old school cool. you need to build a little trailer for your vee to tow around behind the bug.

Hope you build that 1600 some day. I was looking forward to watching the build

brad
.............................................................................................................................................................hi brad. thanks for the post. it will take me till next year to get the bug done. but i will get it done lol take care be safe spencerfvee
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
spencerfvee
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 3:44 pm    Post subject: Re: oh no not a other 1600 mpg rally drag street motor Reply with quote

hi every one its been a long summer .i have had other things that came up that i had to deal with. now i am going to be working on the bug again . i had one draw back. i could not install the truss bar on my 1974 bug . because i have a 1974 bug. the rear bumper has shocks on the bumper. and is very heavy . there is double reinforcement. where the top of the shock is. if i cut that it would weaken the bumper . i want to use a hitch on the bumper .i was not happy about that that life lol . i had some time .so i had all these vintage vw race parts sitting around . i wanted to build some thing to show them off on . so i had a junk case junk heads cyls. so i put all the vintage speed parts on a mock up motor . i call it motor art lol. i can wheel it around the house or take it to vw shows. take care every one be safe see you maybe at jims custom vws show oct. 3rd 9;00 to 2;00 columbiana ohio 44408
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Chickensoup
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 4:04 pm    Post subject: Re: oh no not a other 1600 mpg rally drag street motor Reply with quote

Eyes candy!!!!!!!!!!! Very Happy
'66 RIP
'69 RIP
Hosea 4:6 "My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge"
spencerfvee
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 12:05 pm    Post subject: Re: oh no not a other 1600 mpg rally drag street motor Reply with quote

hi guys had a great day at jims vw show in ohio. i bought a whales tail and rim i bought all for $105.00 no one else wanted these parts but me and a other guy . i see a good clean up on the whales tail . and a good paint job . same with the wheel .there are good deals out there one just has to find them .i was very lucky to find these parts a good friend of mine was selling them .i owe him big time spencerfvee be safe mask up take care

SBD
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 1:27 pm    Post subject: Re: oh no not a other 1600 mpg rally drag street motor Reply with quote

Dancing

mark tucker wrote:
I wouldent waste $ or thyme on building a small motor. build it big so it dosent have to work hard.remember it's only as fast as your foot alows it to be unless you build a small turd then it just stinks as it squishes up through your toes when you step on it.
Lingwendil
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 2:40 pm    Post subject: Re: oh no not a other 1600 mpg rally drag street motor Reply with quote

I would love one of those whale tail decklids, or one of the louvered ones. As soon as I find a cheap one I'm buying one Smile

I bet if you added vents on the top of the tail you could get it to work as a ram air setup at speed, it would increase drag but may help cooling if done right!

Modify your Kadrons for SVDA http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=8115884#8115884

Cast iron VJU4BR8 SVDA reference thread- https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=...mp;start=0

Need replacement filters for original Kadron aircleaners? WIX #42087 is a perfect fit, as is Napa Gold #2087!
Rome
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 5:16 pm    Post subject: Re: oh no not a other 1600 mpg rally drag street motor Reply with quote

Will you be searching for 3 more of those Riviera wheels? If so, have you thought about a color scheme for your wheel repaint? Your Beetle has so many colors on the body, you have many choices of colors. Can even paint the front wheels to match the prevalent color on the front of the car, and a different color for the rear wheels. Last month I went to a VW meet where there was a Ghia Coupe that had its Riv wheel spokes and centers painted black; the spoke raised blocks were also painted instead of the usual polished finish.

I can identify with the joy of a good parts deal. Last year at a large VW meet in Connecticut I scored a set of 4 original Formula Vee wheels in good condition for $150. Cool I always liked those and the deal was too good to pass up; plus I have 2 cars on which I can fit them. I have not yet paint-detailed or polished them but I do have an idea for them. Will need to get up some enthusiasm and initiative this winter to do that.
spencerfvee
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 4:58 am    Post subject: Re: oh no not a other 1600 mpg rally drag street motor Reply with quote

Lingwendil wrote:
I would love one of those whale tail decklids, or one of the louvered ones. As soon as I find a cheap one I'm buying one Smile

I bet if you added vents on the top of the tail you could get it to work as a ram air setup at speed, it would increase drag but may help cooling if done right!
....................................................................................................................................................................................hi when i first started this build i realy wanted a whales tail . but new ones cost over $600.00 shipped .this whale tail needs a lot of work . i dont know what kind of paint they used but its thick . its going to take a lot of sanding to make it look good . i realy like the looks of the whale tail . i know one thing i will have to drive the speed limit the bug stands out .like here i am give me a speeding ticket lol lol stay safe spencerfvee
spencerfvee
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 5:16 am    Post subject: Re: oh no not a other 1600 mpg rally drag street motor Reply with quote

Rome wrote:
Will you be searching for 3 more of those Riviera wheels? If so, have you thought about a color scheme for your wheel repaint? Your Beetle has so many colors on the body, you have many choices of colors. Can even paint the front wheels to match the prevalent color on the front of the car, and a different color for the rear wheels. Last month I went to a VW meet where there was a Ghia Coupe that had its Riv wheel spokes and centers painted black; the spoke raised blocks were also painted instead of the usual polished finish.

I can identify with the joy of a good parts deal. Last year at a large VW meet in Connecticut I scored a set of 4 original Formula Vee wheels in good condition for $150. Cool I always liked those and the deal was too good to pass up; plus I have 2 cars on which I can fit them. I have not yet paint-detailed or polished them but I do have an idea for them. Will need to get up some enthusiasm and initiative this winter to do that.
......................................................................................................................................................................................................................hi rome. i all ways like to read your emails .in 1970 in hawaii . i bought a brand new formula vee bug .it had the formula vee mags. fan fair horns bumper guards. air scoop formula vee streeing wheel . formula vee stripe kit . and a formula vee embleam on the engine lid and formula vee headers . my cost was $2,700 my payment was $100..00 every 30 days that was a lot of money in 1970 .i only made 2.10 a hour working at a ship yard welding . on the wheels.i had 3 other wheels and needed a 4th wheel right now i am just going to hold off on painting the wheels . the whales tail comes first. i want to get it sanded and painted be for the snow comes .its even getting cold here in ohio .take care spencerfvee
fuguboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 11:47 am    Post subject: Re: oh no not a other 1600 mpg rally drag street motor Reply with quote

Didn’t Porsche have a oil cooler or intercooler in their whale tail ? But might bring hot air into the engine compartment? Anyway your car is a Unique throwback. Have fun and enjoy!
spencerfvee
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 12:12 pm    Post subject: Re: oh no not a other 1600 mpg rally drag street motor Reply with quote

fuguboy wrote:
Didn’t Porsche have a oil cooler or intercooler in their whale tail ? But might bring hot air into the engine compartment? Anyway your car is a Unique throwback. Have fun and enjoy!
................................................................................................................................ you are so wright i am not sure if it was a intercooler or oil cooler .but if i would guess i would pick intercooler . and your right i too think it would put hot air into the motor compartment . i am going to use the hole to put more are into the motor compartment thanks spencerfvee
spencerfvee
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:05 am    Post subject: Re: oh no not a other 1600 mpg rally drag street motor Reply with quote

update i just got done painting the whales tale . i tried to sand the thick paint it was so hard i clould not sand it off of the whale tale. so i used flex seal that i saw on tv . i sprayed a thin coat of the rubber sealer on the whales tail.and then painted the whales tail blue .what a mess cutting the fiber glass vet holes in the top of the whales tail. i hate working on fiber glass but i wanted more cooling air for the motor i allso cut to holes behind the lic.plate for the air intake on the whales tail i found a heater grate and cut it to fit the hole i love the look of a whales tail. i am happy the way it came out now if i can stop itching from the fiber glass . lol thanks for looking spencerfvee

Dake
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:14 am    Post subject: Re: oh no not a other 1600 mpg rally drag street motor Reply with quote

The whale tail is awesome, my cousin had one on his bug when he was in high school. Can’t wait to see it on the car.
spencerfvee
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:27 pm    Post subject: Re: oh no not a other 1600 mpg rally drag street motor Reply with quote

Dake wrote:
The whale tail is awesome, my cousin had one on his bug when he was in high school. Can’t wait to see it on the car.
...........................................................................................................................................hi me to i cant wait to see how it looks on my bug . i will get it on the bug when i get over this darn head cold. spencerfvee
spencerfvee
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2020 11:27 am    Post subject: Re: oh no not a other 1600 mpg rally drag street motor Reply with quote

update./ hi every one .its 70 degs. out here in ohio today. so i got the whales tail on the bug . i think it looks bad ass 1970s barn find lol. that whales tail should hold the bug on the road at 200MPH lol take care stay safe spencerfvee

Last edited by spencerfvee on Wed Oct 07, 2020 11:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Lingwendil
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2020 11:28 am    Post subject: Re: oh no not a other 1600 mpg rally drag street motor Reply with quote

That's rad!

I'm grabbing one next time I see one. Perfect for this car and paint!

Modify your Kadrons for SVDA http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=8115884#8115884

Cast iron VJU4BR8 SVDA reference thread- https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=...mp;start=0

Need replacement filters for original Kadron aircleaners? WIX #42087 is a perfect fit, as is Napa Gold #2087!
Chickensoup
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2020 11:31 am    Post subject: Re: oh no not a other 1600 mpg rally drag street motor Reply with quote

you should get the non back colored fender bead kits. IMo it would match. that or die/paint them yellow or something. just an idea. for the 3rd or 4th time... EYE CANDY!!!
'66 RIP
'69 RIP
Hosea 4:6 "My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge"
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Jump to:
Page 10 of 17

Jump to: