Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

oh no not a other 1600 mpg rally drag street motor
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
SBD
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2021 8:20 pm    Post subject: Re: oh no not a other 1600 mpg rally drag street motor Reply with quote

Shocked YOU LUCKY DOG!

mark tucker wrote:
I wouldent waste $ or thyme on building a small motor. build it big so it dosent have to work hard.remember it's only as fast as your foot alows it to be unless you build a small turd then it just stinks as it squishes up through your toes when you step on it.
spencerfvee
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2021 8:49 pm    Post subject: Re: oh no not a other 1600 mpg rally drag street motor Reply with quote

SBD wrote:
Shocked YOU LUCKY DOG!
thanks yea im was at the right place at the right time to buy it spencerfvee
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
spencerfvee
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 9:00 am    Post subject: Re: oh no not a other 1600 mpg rally drag street motor Reply with quote

hi every one i was at a swap meet today and i picked up this vintage old schoo cb radio general electric cb phone a lot of old ralley bugs had cb radios it was nice to get out today. staying home all the time sucks and people were staying 6 ft away . spencerfvee
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
spencerfvee
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:08 pm    Post subject: Re: oh no not a other 1600 mpg rally drag street motor Reply with quote

hi update i just pickrd up a real cool air cleaner for my super charger its a old school BM air cleaner i all traded some parts i had for a alum. vw case brand new stock bore i will use it for the super charger motor for my ralley bug great day 45degs heat wave for ohio lol spencerfvee

spencerfvee
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:21 pm    Post subject: Re: oh no not a other 1600 mpg rally drag street motor Reply with quote

update . its been a long time .it was inn the high 70s today . i got a lote done on my ralley bug. i installed a new buggy master cyl . i have good luck with a buggy master cyl. when i use 4 wheel disk brakes . i installed my brake and clutch and acc. pedals. put new clutch cable and acc cable installed the seat back in the bug .installed my vintage looking seat belts . thanks for looking spencerfvee

Lingwendil
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:53 am    Post subject: Re: oh no not a other 1600 mpg rally drag street motor Reply with quote

Love those seats, what are they from?

You're making more progress than me. The most I've done to my car since december was I opened the trunk to look for some tools I lost in our move Sad

Always a pleasure to read your posts Smile

Modify your Kadrons for SVDA http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=8115884#8115884

Cast iron VJU4BR8 SVDA reference thread- https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=...mp;start=0

Need replacement filters for original Kadron aircleaners? WIX #42087 is a perfect fit, as is Napa Gold #2087!
spencerfvee
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:29 am    Post subject: Re: oh no not a other 1600 mpg rally drag street motor Reply with quote

Lingwendil wrote:
Love those seats, what are they from?

You're making more progress than me. The most I've done to my car since december was I opened the trunk to look for some tools I lost in our move Sad

Always a pleasure to read your posts Smile
............................................................ sorry i dont know what the seats came from .i ran into the guy that built the bug at a swap meet and for got to ask him about the seats . i know one thing my car had a back seat that matched the frount seats . and they fit like vw rear seats do.at first i thought they were vw rabbit seats . i will find out when i see him again spencerfvee
Rome
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:54 pm    Post subject: Re: oh no not a other 1600 mpg rally drag street motor Reply with quote

My guess is 1980's Jetta, Quantum or Audi 4000/Coupe 2-door, due to the upscale corduroy cloth and the backrest release lever to get into the back seat. That lever would not be present/needed on a 4-door. They are not VW Group sport seats from that era because the backrests don't have the outboard separate bolsters.

That Bob & Mort air cleaner will look great, but it could be too large/bulky to fit into the Beetle with its sloping engine lid.
spencerfvee
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:47 am    Post subject: Re: oh no not a other 1600 mpg rally drag street motor Reply with quote

Rome wrote:
My guess is 1980's Jetta, Quantum or Audi 4000/Coupe 2-door, due to the upscale corduroy cloth and the backrest release lever to get into the back seat. That lever would not be present/needed on a 4-door. They are not VW Group sport seats from that era because the backrests don't have the outboard separate bolsters.

That Bob & Mort air cleaner will look great, but it could be too large/bulky to fit into the Beetle with its sloping engine lid.
.......................................................................................................................hi rome you could be right on the seats . i will find out for sure that back seat fit like it was made for a vw bug .and the frount seat are so much better than a stock 1974 bug seats that for sure take care spencerfvee
Chickensoup
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:38 pm    Post subject: Re: oh no not a other 1600 mpg rally drag street motor Reply with quote

Look similar to 87 git seats

'66 RIP
'69 RIP
Hosea 4:6 "My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge"
spencerfvee
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:29 pm    Post subject: Re: oh no not a other 1600 mpg rally drag street motor Reply with quote

[quote="Chickensoup"]Look similar to 87 git seats
[.. rabbit seats maybe . he built this bug around the 1980s and rabbits were all over the place . spencerfvee
Rome
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:43 pm    Post subject: Re: oh no not a other 1600 mpg rally drag street motor Reply with quote

No GTI, fellas; spencer's seat does not have the separate backrest outer bolsters like GTI seats have. Also, GTI did not have that upholstery pattern. Again, my guess is Jetta 2-door, could even be Gen1; since its supposedly matching rear seat would be narrow that the sides could be squeezed into the Beetle space. Quantum, Audi, etc. were based on the wider "B" platform with the rear seat being likely too wide to force into a Beetle without narrowing the sides. GTI and Jetta were on the "A" platform.
spencerfvee
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:19 pm    Post subject: Re: oh no not a other 1600 mpg rally drag street motor Reply with quote

ok every one heres more pics. of the seats i hope some knows what they are spencerfvee

spencerfvee
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:27 am    Post subject: Re: oh no not a other 1600 mpg rally drag street motor Reply with quote

update worked on ralley bug .installed a vintage tape player installed a ralley emblem and a blown emblem on dash . installed a super charger emblem on rear air intake scoop ,and a vw emblem . i am getting the bug done after working on the master cyl.install and pedals and laying on the ground to do the work . it took me 3 days for my body to stop hurting lol lol my butt hurts the most lol . i was at ohio toms hes a drag racer friend that i know . house and hes young . he says it takes him time just to get off of the floor lol spencerfvee summers comming lol i hope to get the 74x82 motor in the bug soon when i go to vw car shows i look at guys cars and say nice job .i can do that on my car and i talk to the guy that owns the vw and he tells me how long it took him to do it to his vw hours hours of work . i am going to name this bug over kill lol lol

panel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:39 am    Post subject: Re: oh no not a other 1600 mpg rally drag street motor Reply with quote

I just gotta see a bit better pic of those bikes in the background Shocked
spencerfvee
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 12:28 pm    Post subject: Re: oh no not a other 1600 mpg rally drag street motor Reply with quote

hi panel you asked to see some of my bmx bikes all these bike were raced in ohio at one time .my bikes are old bmx and custom bikes. i realy like old bmx bikes .from the early 1970s . around here guys are showing bikes with there old street cars at car shows. my one bike is a rare 1977 ashtabula bmx bike mostly org. a SE one year only toby henderson hauler acs mag wheels and a schwinn scrambler 500 all org.then a schwinn tornodo with scrambler package rare the other is a old race mx tornado bike. a kid raced in the 1970s. i had to put new tires on it the rest of the bike is org.as when the kid raced it the other two are custom bikes spencerfvee ps i sold some of the bikes to pay for my ra lley bug build spencerfvee

toxicavenger70
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 1:21 pm    Post subject: Re: oh no not a other 1600 mpg rally drag street motor Reply with quote

spencerfvee wrote:
hi panel you asked to see some of my bmx bikes all these bike were raced in ohio at one time .my bikes are old bmx and custom bikes. i realy like old bmx bikes .from the early 1970s . around here guys are showing bikes with there old street cars at car shows. my one bike is a rare 1977 ashtabula bmx bike mostly org. a SE one year only toby henderson hauler acs mag wheels and a schwinn scrambler 500 all org.then a schwinn tornodo with scrambler package rare the other is a old race mx tornado bike. a kid raced in the 1970s.

Those are some killer rides. I still have a Patterson I rode in the 80's. I wish I still had my Trickstar.
toxicavenger70
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 1:24 pm    Post subject: Re: oh no not a other 1600 mpg rally drag street motor Reply with quote

Rome wrote:
my guess is Jetta 2-door, could even be Gen1

I think my 2 door Mk2 Jetta had these seats. But a Quantum I had looked the same. They were super comfy.
spencerfvee
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 3:16 pm    Post subject: Re: oh no not a other 1600 mpg rally drag street motor Reply with quote

toxicavenger70 wrote:
spencerfvee wrote:
hi panel you asked to see some of my bmx bikes all these bike were raced in ohio at one time .my bikes are old bmx and custom bikes. i realy like old bmx bikes .from the early 1970s . around here guys are showing bikes with there old street cars at car shows. my one bike is a rare 1977 ashtabula bmx bike mostly org. a SE one year only toby henderson hauler acs mag wheels and a schwinn scrambler 500 all org.then a schwinn tornodo with scrambler package rare the other is a old race mx tornado bike. a kid raced in the 1970s.

Those are some killer rides. I still have a Patterson I rode in the 80's. I wish I still had my Trickstar.
..............................................................................................................................i enjoy building old bmx bikes . they are made in the USA and are well built . thanks for the post spencerfvee
spencerfvee
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 3:21 pm    Post subject: Re: oh no not a other 1600 mpg rally drag street motor Reply with quote

toxicavenger70 wrote:
Rome wrote:
my guess is Jetta 2-door, could even be Gen1

I think my 2 door Mk2 Jetta had these seats. But a Quantum I had looked the same. They were super comfy.
..................................................................................................................................................... my self i think there made by vw what year i dont know .thanks for the post .......... all you ohio and PA guys i will be at................ jims custom vws swap meet and car show this sat. april 17 2021 9 am to 2 pm selling parts spencerfvee
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
Jump to:
Page 13 of 17

Jump to: