Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

oh no not a other 1600 mpg rally drag street motor
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
spencerfvee
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 4:54 pm    Post subject: Re: oh no not a other 1600 mpg rally drag street motor Reply with quote

calvinater wrote:
Need a video of it running , or it didnt happen. Cool
........................................................................................................ it runs .like i said it sounds bad as. .i even backed it out of the shed and went though the gears to make sure the trans worked. it was not a good thing to do. i have no brakes on the bug yet or car plates on the bug. i dont need a ticket lol i dont know how to up load a video . i have tryed . spencerfvee
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vamram Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 5:07 pm    Post subject: Re: oh no not a other 1600 mpg rally drag street motor Reply with quote

Spencerfvee, if you can create yourself a YouTube logon, usually a gmail account, it's super easy to upload your video clips. you're logged on, there's an upload link in the right upper set of YouTube menus. Click that, then a browse link to find your video file, select it. Then there are a couple of prompts - is it safe for kids, for public, etc., and then it gives you a link that you copy into your samba post. Then highlight the link in your samba post and click the samba YouTube button above. You can then preview it or submit. Done!

'74 Super 9/16 - present, in refurb process.
'73 Super - 6/18 - Present - Daily Driver!
'75 Super Le Grande...waiting it's turn in line behind '74.
Click to view image
Save the Supers!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
spencerfvee
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 7:53 pm    Post subject: Re: oh no not a other 1600 mpg rally drag street motor Reply with quote

vamram wrote:
Spencerfvee, if you can create yourself a YouTube logon, usually a gmail account, it's super easy to upload your video clips. you're logged on, there's an upload link in the right upper set of YouTube menus. Click that, then a browse link to find your video file, select it. Then there are a couple of prompts - is it safe for kids, for public, etc., and then it gives you a link that you copy into your samba post. Then highlight the link in your samba post and click the samba YouTube button above. You can then preview it or submit. Done!
................................................................................................. th anks for the info .on posting a video . i will lok into it again many thanks spencerfvee
jeff68
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 5:28 am    Post subject: Re: oh no not a other 1600 mpg rally drag street motor Reply with quote

Hey Spencer! I read through your whole thread....again! Love what you're doing with your car! I learned a lot from reading! I missed the BMX bikes the first time I read through your thread. Those are such cool bikes! where do you find them to restore? I'd like to find one or two myself! Also, like you I know the dual header is not the best performance exhaust but I love that exhaust system anyway! When I was 10 or so my Dad put one of those dual systems (he bought from J.C. WHitney) on his 1972 super beetle. I thought it looked and sounded so cool! I've been trying to find one of those dual systems for a long time but can't find one.
I hope you finish your car soon and are able to drive it! Best of luck!!

Jeff
spencerfvee
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:46 am    Post subject: Re: oh no not a other 1600 mpg rally drag street motor Reply with quote

[quote="jeff68"]Hey Spencer! I read through your whole thread....again! Love what you're doing with your car! I learned a lot from reading! I missed the BMX bikes the first time I read through your thread. Those are such cool bikes! where do you find them to restore? I'd like to find one or two myself! Also, like you I know the dual header is not the best performance exhaust but I love that exhaust system anyway! When I was 10 or so my Dad put one of those dual systems (he bought from J.C. WHitney) on his 1972 super beetle. I thought it looked and sounded so cool! I've been trying to find one of those dual systems for a long time but can't find one.
I hope you finish your car soon and are able to drive it! Best of luck!!...........................................................................................................................thanks i needed your post .it keeps me going on my build .on the bmx bikes right now bmx bikes are hot most guys find the 1970s 1980s bmx bikes the best to buy .i like the schwinn bikes because they dont cost a lot of money i buy off of ebay your best way to find a bike on ebay is under old school bmx or vintage bmx or under muscle bikes . on my ralley car build i want readers to know what it takes to build a vw bug . its a lot of work and some times things dont work out when you build a vw bug . any one that has built a vw bug own story on there build and has had things go wrong when building there vw s. yes i do like the sound of the dual exhaust .when i had it running it realy sounds like the motor is making good HP .i live to much in the past lol. i like old school looking vw bugs .. any one can build a cal look bug or a stock bug or a pro street bug lol i am going to catch hell for saying that lol all done in fun .i like to build vw bugs that no one wants to build lol .i like to shock people . its fun to be a little crazy in life because we are here for a very short time . good luck finding a bmx bike . and thanks for the e mail spencerfvee
toxicavenger70
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:17 am    Post subject: Re: oh no not a other 1600 mpg rally drag street motor Reply with quote

Spencer, rumor has it you actually hurt your arm because you had a wet dream about your Rally Bug!! lol

Take care. And keep them pics coming.
spencerfvee
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:52 pm    Post subject: Re: oh no not a other 1600 mpg rally drag street motor Reply with quote

toxicavenger70 wrote:
Spencer, rumor has it you actually hurt your arm because you had a wet dream about your Rally Bug!! lol

..................................................dam the word got out .its my left arm i am right handed lol lol when my wife was a live .she all ways said i was more in love with my cars then her. one day she told me i could just have sex with my vw bug since i loved that bug more than her .i said ok and went out in the barn worked on the bug for 15 mins came back in the house smoking a cig. in my mouth . and said your next. she ran in the bed room i ran after her thats all we made up lol lol guys never let your wife think you love your car more than your them lol lol spencerfvee .
spencerfvee
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:14 pm    Post subject: Re: oh no not a other 1600 mpg rally drag street motor Reply with quote

toxicavenger70 wrote:

.......................................................you want pics here you go lol ..you think this car was wild heres some of my crazy cars i made over the years
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

jeff68
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 4:04 am    Post subject: Re: oh no not a other 1600 mpg rally drag street motor Reply with quote

Thanks For the BMX bike information! You've definitely built some cool cars over the years! I can't wait to see this one done!
And Yes, you're right about things not always going easy when you build a bug. You plan the best you can, get the best parts you can afford or what you think will work and then things happen or come up while you;re working. You have to figure it out and deal with it and you can get angry about it. Just take a break, cool down, rethink and then you get past the problem. Best of Luck!
toxicavenger70
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 6:44 am    Post subject: Re: oh no not a other 1600 mpg rally drag street motor Reply with quote

spencerfvee wrote:
toxicavenger70 wrote:

.......................................................you want pics here you go lol ..you think this car was wild heres some of my crazy cars i made over the years

Dang you had some really cool rides! Not something you see everyday. So it is awesome you actually had "fun" with them and made them your own style.
toxicavenger70
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 6:46 am    Post subject: Re: oh no not a other 1600 mpg rally drag street motor Reply with quote

spencerfvee wrote:
..................................................dam the word got out .its my left arm i am right handed lol lol when my wife was a live .she all ways said i was more in love with my cars then her. one day she told me i could just have sex with my vw bug since i loved that bug more than her .i said ok and went out in the barn worked on the bug for 15 mins came back in the house smoking a cig. in my mouth . and said your next. she ran in the bed room i ran after her thats all we made up lol lol guys never let your wife think you love your car more than your them lol lol spencerfvee .

hahaha hopefully you didn't trip with that cig in your mouth!!! lol. your wife sounded like fun!
spencerfvee
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 5:26 pm    Post subject: Re: oh no not a other 1600 mpg rally drag street motor Reply with quote

toxicavenger70 wrote:
spencerfvee wrote:

hahaha hopefully you didn't trip with that cig in your mouth!!! lol. your wife sounded like fun!
................................................................................................................................talking to some vw guys at shows . there wife some times think a guy likes his vw car more than her. because guys are all ways working on there vws . lol lol yes she was a lot of fun . i miss her .but she did not pass away a lone .she passed a way in my car with me by her side the thing about the cig. is i dont smoke lol lol hay have fun with life because were here for a short time .and life goes on . take care spencer
spencerfvee
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 5:30 pm    Post subject: Re: oh no not a other 1600 mpg rally drag street motor Reply with quote

toxicavenger70 wrote:
spencerfvee wrote:
toxicavenger70 wrote:

Dang you had some really cool rides! Not something you see everyday. So it is awesome you actually had "fun" with them and made them your own style.
................................................................................................................. i love building vws but this is my last vw build its a keeper spencerfvee
toxicavenger70
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:45 am    Post subject: Re: oh no not a other 1600 mpg rally drag street motor Reply with quote

spencerfvee wrote:
................................................................................................................ i love building vws but this is my last vw build its a keeper spencerfvee

and a looker. Keep on posting about it!
spencerfvee
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:09 am    Post subject: Re: oh no not a other 1600 mpg rally drag street motor Reply with quote

up date this bug has been a pain to work on . the whole wiring system is trash . the only thing that worked was the wiper motor lol . for now i am going for turn singles and brake lights just to get it on the road and only drive it in the day light lol this next winter i will redo all the wiring . i did drive it around the block the scat shifter turned out to be junk . i did every thing to get it to work right . it shifter like shit was real tight very hard to shift into gears . was very hard to find 1st and 2nd gears it did not work right . i just gave up on it . i dont know who is making scat shifters now but they suck. i have used scat shifters on every vw i have had over the years . i installed a cheap empi shifter it shifted with ease went into every gear . i am shocked that the EMPI shifter worked so well . i gave the scat shifter to a friend .and told him good luck he would need it . this summer i should have it on the road soon spencerfvee

BIGMIKEY
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2021 2:20 pm    Post subject: Re: oh no not a other 1600 mpg rally drag street motor Reply with quote

Hey Spencerfvee! My first street beetle, a 1963, had hand painted flames on the rear fenders. The body was cut to fit dual cannons! That was in 1972...

Your Bug puts me in mind of the Treuhaft Trans Am road race beetle of the 1970's era. My 1973 Bug needs paint. I'm tempted to do a graphic paint scheme like yours.

Mike T

Deserter Series 1 project.
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=787047&highlight=

1973 Beetle Driver, Marina Blue.
spencerfvee
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2021 2:29 pm    Post subject: Re: oh no not a other 1600 mpg rally drag street motor Reply with quote

BIGMIKEY wrote:
Hey Spencerfvee! My first street beetle, a 1963, had hand painted flames on the rear fenders. The body was cut to fit dual cannons! That was in 1972...

Your Bug puts me in mind of the Treuhaft Trans Am road race beetle of the 1970's era. My 1973 Bug needs paint. I'm tempted to do a graphic paint scheme like yours.

Mike T
.................................................................................................................... go for it. the money it cost to paint a car in a body shop is crazy money i used the rust-oleum professional high performance enamel paint it drys in 15 minutes .its darn hard to rub off its tough once its dryed and it looks good once its done . have fun with life i am take care spencerfvee
spencerfvee
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2021 2:47 pm    Post subject: Re: oh no not a other 1600 mpg rally drag street motor Reply with quote

update sorry i have not posted in a while . i am getting the bug done but i have to rewire the whole ralley bug and its taking a lot of time to do. i wont bore you with pictures right now . so hang in there i will get it done .then post info when its all done and on the road have a great 4th spencerfvee
jeff68
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2021 6:01 am    Post subject: Re: oh no not a other 1600 mpg rally drag street motor Reply with quote

Hey Spencer, great to see that you're still going strong! Old wiring problems are a pain! Just rewire it and have peace of mind that everything will work all of the time, especially when it's dark and you're far from home!
I have a question for you. I see in the pictures of the cars you built in the past that you put the EMPI style side scoops on. The ones that go on either side behind the quarter windows. Did you cut vent holes in the side of the car so that more air got in to the engine compartment? Do these scoops work? I've always kind of liked them but never knew if they really worked or not. My car is a '68 so I don't want to get a pair, cut a hole in the side of the car for no reason.
Thanks!
spencerfvee
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2021 7:21 pm    Post subject: Re: oh no not a other 1600 mpg rally drag street motor Reply with quote

jeff68 wrote:
Hey Spencer, great to see that you're still going strong! Old wiring problems are a pain! Just rewire it and have peace of mind that everything will work all of the time, especially when it's dark and you're far from home!
I have a question for you. I see in the pictures of the cars you built in the past that you put the EMPI style side scoops on. The ones that go on either side behind the quarter windows. Did you cut vent holes in the side of the car so that more air got in to the engine compartment? Do these scoops work? I've always kind of liked them but never knew if they really worked or not. My car is a '68 so I don't want to get a pair, cut a hole in the side of the car for no reason.
Thanks!
.......................................................................................................................................................hi yes i did cut a big hole about the size of the scoops to let more out side cool air into the engine . . some guys used the side scoops. to have ram air into there air boxes on dual carbs like the point GTO had in the 60s 70s lol . i know the bus guys i talked too put side scoops on there buses and they said it helped there bus motors run cooler . EMPI in the 1960s clamed that there side scoops did help lower engine temp . i will say this any time you can get more cool air into the motor .its a good thing .thats why i all so run over the years a big scoop over the back window to force more cool air into the motor . a lot of vw guys dont like cutting holes on there vw bugs . they like the stock look . all i can tell you if you dont mind cutting a hole in your vw bug my self i know it will help cool your motor good luck post pictures on this forum of your bug with the scoops if you do it take care spencerfvee
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
Jump to:
Page 15 of 17

Jump to: