Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

73 Front Bumper Offset
Forum Index -> Ghia Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
gorbur
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2023 4:20 pm    Post subject: 73 Front Bumper Offset Reply with quote

Hoping that someone can help me out with the measures between the front bumper, nose and the L or R fender. Its a 73 and believe that year or 74 are the same. I have ample room for the turn signal in the vertical.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

This mocked up at 22mm from the nose

13 mm off the fenders

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
runamoc Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2023 8:52 am    Post subject: Re: 73 Front Bumper Offset Reply with quote

looks good to me. Even on both sides and not touching in the middle. I fitted a fiberglass bumper to my '72 and that's what I went by. Remember these cars where handmade on the assembly line.

VW Wiring = It's just wires
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
gorbur
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2023 9:20 am    Post subject: Re: 73 Front Bumper Offset Reply with quote

Thanks runamoc, think I'll go with what I have too. The signals fit, its symetrical etc. Im fabricating the bumper mounts today and want to get back dealing with those nose dents asap. Have Danny Gabbards dent tool and very curious.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Ghia All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: