Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Wolfsburg West tank shipped with water inside
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
khalimadeath
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:40 am    Post subject: Re: Wolfsburg West tank shipped with water inside Reply with quote

Busstom wrote:
khalimadeath wrote:
EmpiGT wrote:
67ctbug wrote:
I would've taken the new one. Totally unacceptable in my opinion. They should've sent a new one and let you keep that one or send you a shipping label and have FedEx pick it up from your house.

I totally agree. It's their problem. Return shipping should not be on you. You didn't put the water in it and let it sit in a store room for years. It is totally on them to send a replacement and if they want that one returned, to pay for return shipping. Or offer a partial refund to you for correcting their problem. They need to check into the cause for sure. Did the box look to have been wet at some point? Wonder if it happened in China or in their storage after it got in the states.

I'm pretty sure these are factory restored tanks. It was sealed before powderocating it appears. The cap for the drain and the cap for the fuel sender were powder coated over, so I assume it was coated and then that was it. The box wasnt wet at all.

The above solutions would have been acceptable, they stated however, that their policy is exchange only. I didnt get into the details of shipping, but I also was not prompted to think they would make that easy on me. I figured it would be standard ship back on my dime and sent a new tank. Either way, if they sent a new tank with a packing slip I may have wanted to go that route. It didnt seem like that was the case however.

You say you "figured," and, it "didn't seem..." It sounds like you didn't ask.

Any time I've had to return (exchange) less-than-acceptable items to WW (three times, if I recall), they sent pre-paid return-shipping labels with the replacement parts. And unlike those scumbags at CIP1, NO, I didn't have to pay for the replacement and then wait for a credit once THEY review the returned item(s) and deem whether it was defective...but I digress.

You can take this to the bank.

I didnt want to get into the return of the tank, a 20% off coupon for my next $600+ order would have sufficed. Or even a partial refund on the tank would have been better. I did not want to return the tank as it is a huge hassle for me and I'd rather just clean it and get on with my build. I'm only posting to warn others to check their tank asap for water and rust.

1970 Bus Westfalia
1964 Kombi
kreemoweet
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Wolfsburg West tank shipped with water inside Reply with quote

Jim H. wrote:
And seeing that they reproduce a number of VW parts only gives them a better reputation.

As far as I know, WW does not have any manufacturing facilities. They sell a number of parts they designate as "Made by WW".
What that probably means is that they found some outfit in China (or elsewhere) to reproduce some VW parts for them. It only takes a few minutes
of Google searching to find a dozen Chinese companies whose webpages say they will reproduce any part you might send them (patents be
damned, of course), including some who specifically say that trademarks and logos can be reporoduced also. We all know that China
is flooding the world with their counterfeit merchandise. Some "made by WW" goods I've received have been quite nice, and others not
so much. WW does not seem to have the ability (or perhaps the will) to change obvious design defects found in some "made by WW" parts
I've received.

Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
SamboSamba22
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Wolfsburg West tank shipped with water inside Reply with quote

The only replacement tank I have ever purchased I did so through WW. The tank received was nice, a Split Bus tank. Proper color, the inside was dry but not coated.
The kicker for me??? Getting the damn shipping popcorn out of the tank that traveled down the neck during shipping.

Oct. ’67 Double Cab (’68 Crew Cab)
[url=http://www.vw-mplate.com/mplate-44412.png]Click to view image[/URL]
March '69 Delivery (Panel Bus)
[url=http://www.vw-mplate.com/mplate-44414.png]Click to view image[/URL]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Schwing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Wolfsburg West tank shipped with water inside Reply with quote

I just ordered a new tank for my single cab last night. I will post here what it looks like on the inside, thanks for the heads up man!

Single Cab - BBXXVII Long Distance Winner
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=...mp;start=0
View user's profile Send private message Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
khalimadeath
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Wolfsburg West tank shipped with water inside Reply with quote

Schwing wrote:
I just ordered a new tank for my single cab last night. I will post here what it looks like on the inside, thanks for the heads up man!

Hopefully it's good to go!! Check the seals on the caps they put on before powder coating when you get it. It was clear mine was never opened. It would be interesting to know if they opened up the stock they had and checked em.

1970 Bus Westfalia
1964 Kombi
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: