Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

VW T1 painting code 527612
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:17 am    Post subject: Re: VW T1 painting code 527612 Reply with quote

Thanks, I will add that to the list on the site.
We already have Swiss (627) and Dutch (609) Military Green so 612 is similar to those numbers.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
laudi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 3:10 am    Post subject: Re: VW T1 painting code 527612 Reply with quote

Braukuche wrote:
EverettB wrote:
Yes, 612 is the color.

Maybe look up underneath the dashboard? This would be an area that might not have painted over.

Frame horns too, in the engine compartment, there's gotta be old pant somewhere.

Hi,

yes at the underside of the dashboard and inside the doors are the green color.
I check this and its original Swedish military green (for a Update of the color codes, you found it at www with the code 325H olivgrön).
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Björn
Braukuche
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:16 am    Post subject: Re: VW T1 painting code 527612 Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:
Yes, 612 is the color.

Maybe look up underneath the dashboard? This would be an area that might not have painted over.

Frame horns too, in the engine compartment, there's gotta be old pant somewhere.

Retirement is here!
1956 Ghia
1959 SO-23 Westfalia
1960 double cab
1960 Baja Bug
1963 stretched double cab
1962 Golde sunroof Ghia
1963 356 B coupe
1963 Notchback
1967 21 window less rusty now
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:47 am    Post subject: Re: VW T1 painting code 527612 Reply with quote

Yes, 612 is the color.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
laudi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:59 am    Post subject: Re: VW T1 painting code 527612 Reply with quote

Clara wrote:
Lind wrote:
laudi wrote:
Hello together,

since some weeks I've import a German produced VW T1 (1965) as ambulance from Sweden back to Germany. Trip about 1800km, was a cool advantage Smile

At the m-plate the color code is 527612, the 12 is the interior in aquariusblau (blue). But nobody can say what says the 5276? At the VW Certificate in the painting row is written "not investigatable".

Have you an idea? Best greetings from Germany...Björn

527 = special paint, bus, ambulance
612 = color
look somewhere that has original paint to determine the color, as it is not on the list. They would use multiple codes for the same color sometimes. Every ambulance I have ever seen was originally ivory, but it is a rare model, and a special model, so it is possible that it was another color originally.
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/archives/info/colorstype2.php

Yes, Lind's reading of the paint code is how I read it.
When you follow the link he gave, scroll down to find the late special paint codes.
The page mentions the code usually has a 523 prefix, that is for kombi. These codes are most often found on Westfalia campers made on Kombis.
It is a 526 prefix for a truck, an ambulance has the 527 prefix, etc.

Interesting bus!

Hello Clara,

you mean the six numbers must shared in the middle not four for the outside paint and the last two for seat cover. That the standard at the VW certificate. That sounds plausible. Thanks! So I must found 612 as color....

best regards
Björn
laudi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:49 am    Post subject: Re: VW T1 painting code 527612 Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:
What Lind posted is correct.
I will add it to the list on the site as "Unknown, Seen on 1965 Ambulance"

Can you post the rest of your M-code plate?
This might not help identify the color but I am interested in seeing it.

Thank you all for the informations and Everett that the full m-plate

415 043 149 151 620

SN 2712 527612 xxxxxxxx(FIN)

The Details are:

M415 ambulance bed
M415 for Sweden add M119 gas heater M209 pvc curtain
M043 swedish government defaults
M149 overpaint chrome parts
M151 ambulance interior -> heating backset and fan ventilation
M620 12v system in the car

SN = export to Sweden
271. = ambulance
2 = barn door right
5276 = unknown color (the archive in Wolfsburg said unknown too Sad )
12. = seat colour original aquariusblau (blue)

best regards Björn
Clara Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:32 am    Post subject: Re: VW T1 painting code 527612 Reply with quote

Lind wrote:
laudi wrote:
Hello together,

since some weeks I've import a German produced VW T1 (1965) as ambulance from Sweden back to Germany. Trip about 1800km, was a cool advantage Smile

At the m-plate the color code is 527612, the 12 is the interior in aquariusblau (blue). But nobody can say what says the 5276? At the VW Certificate in the painting row is written "not investigatable".

612 = color
look somewhere that has original paint to determine the color, as it is not on the list. They would use multiple codes for the same color sometimes. Every ambulance I have ever seen was originally ivory, but it is a rare model, and a special model, so it is possible that it was another color originally.

Yes, Lind's reading of the paint code is how I read it.
When you follow the link he gave, scroll down to find the late special paint codes.
The page mentions the code usually has a 523 prefix, that is for kombi. These codes are most often found on Westfalia campers made on Kombis.
It is a 526 prefix for a truck, an ambulance has the 527 prefix, etc.

Interesting bus!
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:26 am    Post subject: Re: VW T1 painting code 527612 Reply with quote

What Lind posted is correct.
I will add it to the list on the site as "Unknown, Seen on 1965 Ambulance"

Can you post the rest of your M-code plate?
This might not help identify the color but I am interested in seeing it.

Last edited by EverettB on Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Lind
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:45 am    Post subject: Re: VW T1 painting code 527612 Reply with quote

laudi wrote:
Hello together,

612 = color
VWoA literature and early dealership or distributor literature/pictures/information
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ronjonlasvegas
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:16 am    Post subject: Re: VW T1 painting code 527612 Reply with quote

I am not an expert, but I tried to see what I could find from the information on this site.

The first digit 5 means this was a export bus (Not delivered to Germany).
The next two digits 27 are the model number. Model 27 means Ambulance.
The next digit 6 corresponds to the color Black. Special order
I am not sure what the last two digits 12 mean. The last two digits normally relate to the color of the upholstery but I could not find code 12. I'm guessing it is just for Ambulance interiors. Maybe do a search to look up M code plates for other ambulances to see if you see others with that code 12 in that spot.

Black is unusual for an ambulance as most were Ivory in color.
laudi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:55 pm    Post subject: VW T1 painting code 527612 Reply with quote

Hello together,

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: