Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Paypal / Online Payment systems
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
TDCTDI
Samba Advocatus Diaboli

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2022 6:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Anything About Paypal Reply with quote

Abscate wrote:
If you don’t want to sell stuff because you have to pay taxes , don’t sell stuff.

Don’t use the internet, roads , or anything else publically funded in your business either

Hmm, so I guess that you have declared every dollar received from every new or used VW part that you have ever sold.

GOFUNDYOURSELF, quit asking everyone to do it for you!

An air cooled VW will make you a hoarder.

Do something, anything, to your project every day, and you will eventually complete it.
skills@eurocarsplus
Samba Peckerhead

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2022 10:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Anything About Paypal Reply with quote

the next push is going to be for a cashless society. mark my words. it will come under the guise as "stopping drug trafficking" or some other feel good bullshit

look what they did and are doing to truckers in Canada. this is scary shit folks and no matter what side you're on it should alarm the fuck out of you.

we have a kid that does odd jobs around here from time to time. about 13 or 14, hard working kid. loved getting paid electronically but has now stopped it because as a minor his parents had to have the account in their name.

his parents are super nice and like many are just getting by. they don't want to have their names attached to this for obvious reasons. poor kid is trying to save for his first car.

anyone on this site who thinks this is ok needs to look in the mirror and admit as a kid you too had some sort of side hustle to get you going and you did it 'tax free' and if you think any of this is a good idea you're part of the problem.

these polices are just keeping the poor poor, those on fixed incomes fucked and killing the middle class.

my reason for switching to subaru is my german car was turning chinese so i said fuck it and went japanese.......
[email protected] wrote:
most VW enthusiasts are stuck in 80's price land.

Jake Raby wrote:
Thanks for the correction. I used to be a nice guy, then I ruined it by exposing myself to the public.

Brian wrote:
Also the fact that people are agreeing with Skills, it's a turn of events for samba history
Abscate Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2022 3:10 am    Post subject: Re: Anything About Paypal Reply with quote

TDCTDI wrote:
Abscate wrote:
If you don’t want to sell stuff because you have to pay taxes , don’t sell stuff.

Don’t use the internet, roads , or anything else publically funded in your business either

Hmm, so I guess that you have declared every dollar received from every new or used VW part that you have ever sold.

In my younger days of course not. I was young and brash and stupid.

Now I’m just stupid. With nexus in all 53 states I have to keep everything clean subject to any applicable deminimius limits.

If you make a living selling and buying stuff , you have to charge and pay taxes. If that’s too difficult , let others do it.
TDCTDI
Samba Advocatus Diaboli

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2022 4:47 am    Post subject: Re: Anything About Paypal Reply with quote

Abscate wrote:
TDCTDI wrote:
Abscate wrote:

In my younger days of course not. I was young and brash and stupid.

Now I’m just stupid. With nexus in all 53 states I have to keep everything clean subject to any applicable deminimius limits.

If you make a living selling and buying stuff , you have to charge and pay taxes. If that’s too difficult , let others do it.

See, I knew you were a hypocrite. It doesn’t matter when, or how little you did it, you still did & probably will continue to “cheat the system” while trying to rail on me for simply posting a link to enlighten others.

This is not about “making a living selling & buying stuff”, this is about payment systems instituting policies to arbitrarily collect taxes, redistribute taxes, & report transactions, that aren’t necessarily business transactions, to the government.

Do something, anything, to your project every day, and you will eventually complete it.
Q-Dog
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2022 5:24 am    Post subject: Re: Anything About Paypal Reply with quote

skills@eurocarsplus wrote:
EverettB wrote:
The above ad text was remove for violating the politics rule of the site.

so does that go for members who change their sig lines every few days? i have seen many that have been doing that.

i know...it's your house...your rules. got to admit no matter what "side" you're on this is having a negative impact on ALL of us.

Speak for yourself. I'm not on any "side" and this does not affect me at all.

'69 Dune Buggy
'69 Beetle Convertible
'70 Beetle
didget69
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2022 8:55 am    Post subject: Re: Anything About Paypal Reply with quote

Abscate wrote:

... which IRS form do you use when you sell a used car to your neighbor?

- you ARE reporting these transactions, right?

bnc
skills@eurocarsplus
Samba Peckerhead

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2022 10:33 am    Post subject: Re: Anything About Paypal Reply with quote

didget69 wrote:

bnc

naa, it's cool. he's 100% in the 'rules for thee, not for me' camp:

Abscate wrote:
I’ll probably hvac in retirement. One summer a few years back I did a bunch of E83 evapsat 3k a pop. I had it down to 4 hours at end. Local BWankerW wanted6k and 5 weeks.

The dash work was pure joy, nice quality fittings and fitment , too.

I can list 100's of his comments about charging people for work and shitting on legit shops with legit overhead, employees etc.

just so tired of people pulling the moral superiority card when it comes to this stuff.

this whole deal is just a money grab, period. to jump thru the hoops as a casual seller is insane. our accountant is still trying to figure out all of this crap.

stuff that has been owned for years, bought at swap meets etc is now subject to being taxed? it's a quagmire of b/s for folks that aren't a business and just a casual hobbyist.

my reason for switching to subaru is my german car was turning chinese so i said fuck it and went japanese.......
[email protected] wrote:

Jake Raby wrote:
Thanks for the correction. I used to be a nice guy, then I ruined it by exposing myself to the public.

Brian wrote:
Also the fact that people are agreeing with Skills, it's a turn of events for samba history
Manfred58sc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2022 6:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Anything About Paypal Reply with quote

What a consenting adult does with a consenting elephant is no one business but their own. Finances, like religion, politics, and love are personal matters each of us has to sort out for ourselves .

Good friend of mine just had paypal hacked from an app on his phone. Bank and PP were very helpful to resolve the issues and he was made whole in less than a week. PP described the attack as very sophisticated.

My lady had a recent experience at a hotel in Frankfurt Germany where paying cash was not an option, period.

Death of cash..its coming
skills@eurocarsplus
Samba Peckerhead

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2022 8:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Anything About Paypal Reply with quote

Manfred58sc wrote:

My lady had a recent experience at a hotel in Frankfurt Germany where paying cash was not an option, period.

honestly, I can see that. same with rental cars etc. it's not like they run the minute you check out to look at the room/rental car etc. for damages.

so yes, I can see where CC's have a place. but i know some motels that take cash Dancing

Manfred58sc wrote:

Death of cash..its coming

only if we let it happen. the Canadian trucker deal should be enough to nip that b/s in the bud, but i'll never say never. Once they take cash away, we the people are really powerless

[email protected] wrote:

Jake Raby wrote:

Brian wrote:
TDCTDI
Samba Advocatus Diaboli

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2022 5:49 am    Post subject: Re: Anything About Paypal Reply with quote

Abscate wrote:
I’ll probably hvac in retirement. One summer a few years back I did a bunch of E83 evapsat 3k a pop. I had it down to 4 hours at end. Local BWankerW wanted6k and 5 weeks.

Speaking of hypocrisy, I’ll assume Rolling Eyes that Abscate pulled the proper permits, paid the city, county, state, & federal taxes on all that work, but, being that he’s staunch supporter of unions, I can think of at least two unions that didn’t get supported in each of those HVAC jobs.

wheel607
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2022 8:25 am    Post subject: Re: Anything About Paypal Reply with quote

TDCTDI wrote:
Abscate wrote:

Speaking of hypocrisy, I’ll assume Rolling Eyes that Abscate pulled the proper permits, paid the city, county, state, & federal taxes on all that work, but, being that he’s staunch supporter of unions, I can think of at least two unions that didn’t get supported in each of those HVAC jobs.

The difference between how things are done in NYC and North Carolina. I am in Virginia and the people I would be working for want LOWER prices......not higher as all these proper permits would require. Ill take North Carolina or Virginia ANYDAY.
skills@eurocarsplus
Samba Peckerhead

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2022 9:16 am    Post subject: Re: Anything About Paypal Reply with quote

we'd all like lower prices

but do you know what a proper a/c recovery machine costs? a lot

yea, bubba with a screwdriver on the Schraeder valve will always be cheaper, until he isn't.

there will always be a black market when prices get too high but the reality is can you afford professional repairs after bubba "saved" you 250 bux and caused more harm than good?

double edged sword

pay bubba and pray it comes out ok, knowing that if he screws you, you have no legal leg to stand on or pay for a licensed and insured biz registered with the state and have consumer protection on your side.

guess it depends if you like to gamble or not

anyway, back to paypal:

Quote:

so what you're saying is you never buy from ebay, the samba etc? cuz if you do prices of your items will go up to cover the taxes the seller is required to pay.

don't think for a minute someone is going to absorb the costs. it gets passed on to the end user

[email protected] wrote:

Jake Raby wrote:

Brian wrote:
wheel607
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2022 12:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Anything About Paypal Reply with quote

we'd all like lower prices

but do you know what a proper a/c recovery machine costs? a lot

yea, bubba with a screwdriver on the Schraeder valve will always be cheaper, until he isn't.

there will always be a black market when prices get too high but the reality is can you afford professional repairs after bubba "saved" you 250 bux and caused more harm than good?

double edged sword

pay bubba and pray it comes out ok, knowing that if he screws you, you have no legal leg to stand on or pay for a licensed and insured biz registered with the state and have consumer protection on your side.

guess it depends if you like to gamble or not

anyway, back to paypal:

Quote:

so what you're saying is you never buy from ebay, the samba etc? cuz if you do prices of your items will go up to cover the taxes the seller is required to pay.

don't think for a minute someone is going to absorb the costs. it gets passed on to the end user

Skills........Bubba is a myth......We talk differently, but we have tech schools, just like you do in the north. We are in a RIGHT TO WORK State and I have never experienced what you have defined.
TDCTDI
Samba Advocatus Diaboli

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2022 2:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Anything About Paypal Reply with quote

wheel607 wrote:

Skills........Bubba is a myth......We talk differently, but we have tech schools, just like you do in the north. We are in a RIGHT TO WORK State and I have never experienced what you have defined.

Dude, you’re trying to hard to be offended, Skillz wasn’t trying to make a slight about suthnahs. Just like the South has VoTech too, the North has its share of Bubbas, Billy Bobs, & rednecks.

16CVs Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2022 5:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Anything About Paypal Reply with quote

I like many others have used PP from the beginning. I find their service convenient and feel that I get more sales as people like easy.

I am opposed to FF for sales to people I don't know either buying or selling. As a buyer I am offered no protection from a fraudulent transaction. I also will not pay the ?% to cover their costs, work it into your price and if they pay some other way it's a win.

When selling I insist on being paid Goods and Services, it offers my customer protection and gives me the ability to create a discounted shipping label from Pay Pal that easily tracked.

Years ago I sold a car for a client and it backfired and got really ugly as they took funds I didn't have from my joint account (not good or cool). They found an open access through E bay which is now closed. I have no financial links to Pay Pal and can only spend what I have in my account.

As a company they are hard to get in touch with and five you no info along the way until you get a note that it has been resolved.

Use them cautiously

Stacy
Samba member # 14980
Call anytime number 650 722 4914 .
Keep Your van running and upkept tastefully for the love of the hobby.
Don't let your van end up in an "abortions" thread.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Xevin Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2022 8:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Anything About Paypal Reply with quote

I can currently see PayPal Park while reading about PayPal on The Samba. Very Happy

Clatter wrote:
Damn that Xevin... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

I respect Xevin and he's a turd Razz

SGKent wrote:
My God! Xevin and I 100% agree Shocked
skills@eurocarsplus
Samba Peckerhead

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2022 11:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Anything About Paypal Reply with quote

16CVs wrote:

I am opposed to FF for sales to people I don't know either buying or selling. As a buyer I am offered no protection from a fraudulent transaction. I also will not pay the ?% to cover their costs, work it into your price and if they pay some other way it's a win.

that's not entirely true. if you pay FF with a credit card that offers buyer protection, PP will do a chargeback to a FF transaction.

but, i'm with you. i won't pay anyone FF unless i know them.

that said i sold a part to a guy on vwpoortex and he insisted on FF. super long story short he did a chargeback. i was so pissed i called PP and sent the woman screenshots etc of the transaction.

it took what seemed like forever but PP reversed the ruling in my favor. at that time, she said FF was eligible for buyer protection. she said "Well, have you ever sold something to a friend or family member? They can be worse than the general public"

the issue with the whole tax implication is trying to guess the net sale price, and the fact that you're getting double/triple taxed.

so if you sell an item for 100 bux and shipping is 50, you're getting taxed on 150. it's totally fucked up

i'm a casual seller at best but i need to sit down with the accountant and figure all of this shit out.

[email protected] wrote:

Jake Raby wrote:

Brian wrote:
Abscate Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2022 2:05 am    Post subject: Re: Anything About Paypal Reply with quote

didget69 wrote:
Abscate wrote:

bnc

That would be capital gains , but you need an accountant to do your math for you, obviously. You have to report income in a sale if you made a profit on it, yes. Schedule C is easiest way to do this as you don’t have to incorporate.

Trying to claim this is too difficult is just justifying tax cheating in one’s own mind.
skills@eurocarsplus
Samba Peckerhead

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2022 7:42 am    Post subject: Re: Anything About Paypal Reply with quote

Abscate wrote:

Trying to claim this is too difficult is just justifying tax cheating in one’s own mind.

no not at all. doing it in a way to not trigger anything is the hard part. but i'm sure you claimed all that BMW evaporator money right? and had the proper EPA certs to charge for that work?

[email protected] wrote:

Jake Raby wrote:

Brian wrote:
Abscate Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2022 6:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Anything About Paypal Reply with quote

EPA defers to the state and 609 isn’t the only way to get on the NY registry at least.

I can’t connect this to PayPal at all so someone smarter than me should do that
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: