Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Entry Light Question
Forum Index -> Eurovan Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
cl300stick
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:56 pm    Post subject: Entry Light Question Reply with quote

Can anyone help on what the small entry light on the right side of the sliding door step is called? Also, what bulb goes there?

Many Thanks!

Drew
Zeitgeist 13
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Entry Light Question Reply with quote

Your nomenclature for the light sounds as good as any. I believe the bulb is an E11 wedge base. I would look for an LED version.

'89 Bluestar ALH w/12mm Waldo pump, PP764 and GT2052
'01 Weekender --> full camper
y u rune klassik?
markcm2
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:54 am    Post subject: Re: Entry Light Question Reply with quote

I forget the lamp part number but I can confirm that LED options are available providing good light and energy saving. I also greased up the switch while it was out and it works smoother now.
1994Karuso
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Entry Light Question Reply with quote

This is the LED version I ordered from eBay to replace it, but I'm not sure if my lamp is stock. On my 93 T4 the cover just pops off and there is the bulb.

2pcs 36mm 6 LED Pure White Car Festoon Interior Dome C5W Light Lamp Bulb DC 12V
cl300stick
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Entry Light Question Reply with quote

Thanks All!

Got a new LED in there and it works a treat!

Drew
jmciii
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2019 8:27 am    Post subject: Re: Entry Light Question Reply with quote

As I work to change the bulb in my 2002 ML Westy, which has actually been very annoying with a few incorrect bulbs arriving by mail, has anyone either:

1) Replaced the stock housing/switch with a replacement part?
2) Implemented a different solution in the hole altogether to get rid of the stock push-button lens?

The existing switch is wearing out. There is mention in this thread about greasing it up to improve the functionality. Any guidance on what grease should be used for a light housing and what should be greased in there? I don't think lubricant will help the movement in there with my situation but it's worth a shot if I can figure out what to use.

Thanks!
JFBx
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2019 11:46 am    Post subject: Re: Entry Light Question Reply with quote

I used NonOx grease on the entry light and front door jamb switches. They were all intermittent and unreliable. After some weeks of use, all the issues went away. I use it on all battery and ground terminals, as well. YMMV.

--jb

About five lifetimes worth:

https://www.hnstools.com/no-ox-id-a-special-grease...gL5C_D_BwE
Zeitgeist 13
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2019 1:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Entry Light Question Reply with quote

You can typically get dielectric grease (silicone) at most hardware or auto parts stores. I use it on nearly everything electrical.

'89 Bluestar ALH w/12mm Waldo pump, PP764 and GT2052
'01 Weekender --> full camper
y u rune klassik?
YOGIVW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2019 1:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Entry Light Question Reply with quote

No grease needed. They are two small springs which push the lens up and to work it properly they must be present.
Westfalia James Cook 2.9TD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Eurovan All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: