Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

"Where were you when"
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
daven
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:04 am    Post subject: Re: "Where were you when" Reply with quote

Kennedy - I was in grade school class.

Challenger - on the B-1 test team at Edwards AFB, CA at the engine run pad. News came out and more than several Rockwell employees there had worked on her. Between them and us - tears flowed.

911 - writing manuals for GE Engines near Cinci. Initial shock and then I gathered donations from all present and several of us went to local Red Cross to donate.

Dave
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
67_13Deluxe
Samba Resident Alien

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:16 am    Post subject: Re: "Where were you when" Reply with quote

usmc1345 wrote:
67_13Deluxe I was stationed at Camp Lejeune on September 11th as well. I was with 8th ESB.

I was right down the street on N Street.

56 Beetle - Wilbur. I found a lot of lipstick on this pig so far.
63 Beetle - Luna
66 13 window Bus - Tetanus
71 Bay Window - Lola. Totaled.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Jon Schmid
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:50 am    Post subject: Re: "Where were you when" Reply with quote

I was 5 when JFK was shot so a little hazy for me. The Challenger and 9/11 are very vivid in my memory. Sad
outcaststudios
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:02 pm    Post subject: Re: "Where were you when" Reply with quote

shittle launch i watched voraciously on tv, i had helped my uncle with the technical drawings for the launch assembly( back when mechanical drawings were still done by hand) ,in fact that was how i started learning about engineering drawings.

9/11 i was standing on my rooftop in brooklyn having ash rain down with that weird smell and listening to people screaming, i dont like to think about that day. its still messed up to think about.
(rip)three type III"s
(rip) '81 vanagon
a bunch of french stuff,and 9 motorcycles.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2573791
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: