Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Any recourse?
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
60BlackBug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2019 8:55 am    Post subject: Any recourse? Reply with quote

Crying or Very sad l bought a dbl cab and noticed one of the vin plates is missing...l think the guy maybe turned it in for scrap...not knowing of it being a collectible vehicle. Minnesota ... so it was just a bit rusty but fixable. I haven't tried pleading my case with St. Paul DMV but also don't want to invest time in a lost cause. Anybody with experience on this issue/stories to share? Mad
Lind
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:05 am    Post subject: Re: Any recourse? Reply with quote

The legal VIN is the one stamped into the sheet metal in the engine compartment. The VIN plate and M-code plate are there for convenience and information. That said, different states have different rules for salvage and junk cars. Check with the DMV in your state and see what comes up with that VIN number.
VWoA literature and early dealership or distributor literature/pictures/information
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
60BlackBug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Any recourse? Reply with quote

Thanks for your input. I did check the DMV in my state and it is good to go with that number. Smile So the standard rule of thumb in this state is 4 pictures and a picture of the vin number and it has to be in running condition so it can be inspected. So cob it together as best I can without spending a whole lot and get it to the local deputy registrar so they can go over it and then a bond is issued through my insurance company. I sorta knew all that already but never have done it.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: