Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

HELP Eurovan conversion to bdf NO CRANK, NO START
Forum Index -> Eurovan Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
jjvincent
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:25 am    Post subject: Re: HELP Eurovan conversion to bdf NO CRANK, NO START Reply with quote

Also, one of the relays right by the climate controls is the Park and neutral relay. So if it's bad, it'll never crank over. It should have 175 on it.
jjvincent
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:22 pm    Post subject: Re: HELP Eurovan conversion to bdf NO CRANK, NO START Reply with quote

You initial message is very confusing and it's literally a shotgun approach for anyone to give you a hint as to what to do. With that, I would make sure everything is correctly hooked up. It makes no sense as to what you are talking about when it comes to the shift cable. The gear indicator runs off the switch in the transmission. You can unhook the shift cable, throw the transmission into park and it'll start. I suspect that you are barking up the wrong tree.

I'd first jumper the starter and see if you can get the engine to crank. If you put the ignition key into the position where it normally runs and jumper the starter, it'll start and run. if not, then you messed up something and I'd suspect it's wiring.
mvaska
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:24 pm    Post subject: Re: HELP Eurovan conversion to bdf NO CRANK, NO START Reply with quote

i've done the bdf conversion. no issues like this.

curious why you'd have to adjust the cable to do a direct replacement? Makes a lot of things suspect.

is the AT the 01p? did you replace the bdf and AT as a complete unit? if you did the transmission ain't right. did you swap all the BDF parts to make it into a AXK?

should crank even if there are AT issues as long as it senses it's in park. have you checked starter wiring? there is a small (blue i think) wire that actually triggers the starter. if that isn't solid it won't start no matter what.
Cold Steel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:42 am    Post subject: Re: HELP Eurovan conversion to bdf NO CRANK, NO START Reply with quote

I manually have put the transmission to park and it shows it in P POSTION
I’m guessing the bdf conversion changed it up some
mvaska
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:12 am    Post subject: Re: HELP Eurovan conversion to bdf NO CRANK, NO START Reply with quote

total guess but are you sure you've secured the transmission shifter cable to the top of the AT?

why did you adjust the cable? is it not a 01p transmission?
Cold Steel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:23 am    Post subject: HELP Eurovan conversion to bdf NO CRANK, NO START Reply with quote

I have a new bdf and new rebuilt automatic transmission 2001 eurovan. I have a no crank no start issue. Check engine light is P0705 Transmission range sensor circuit a PRND321 The transmission is in park and shows it on the dash cluster and also shows different gears when moved. The cable going to the trans not so good. I had to adjust it to fit the reach the park. It doesn’t want to shift back to park either. The shifter goes limp and the gear selector doesn’t select the gears. The shift lock solenoid does go up and down when the brake is applied. New trans ecu. The other code is p0441 Evap emissions system incorrect purge flow.
Instrument cluster shows these illuminated EPC BRAKE PAD WEAR RED BATTERY LIGHT
Battery is charged. This feels like it’s not recognizing park and I have a safety neutral switch no start happening.
Please advise
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Eurovan All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: